August 21, 2014 | 1850 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by reneefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to save up and once in a while treat myself to an expensive foundation, concealer or another product that promises to take away my imperfections and create a more attractive face. I am disappointed occasionally that I still in fact don't look like the airbrushed "beauties" on the magazines, but this product did not work for me at all.
It did not highlight, conceal or improve my skin in the slightest ... just sort of lay on my skin without contributing to an improved version of it.
I'm sure it has worked for some people - maybe I just don't know how to use it properly to get out its full potential.
But its a no from me for this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Highlighted as promised for about 2 hours, then faded away. Givenchy's Mr. Light lasts all day and is a superb alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by chrononaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS.

Back when I first got married, it concealed and corrected my circles no problem. I used it for my wedding and it lasted all night. I didn't repurchase though because of the price and since then I have been on the hunt for my favorite concealer.

After the baby, my circles turned god awful and even this didn't cover them. No concealer covers them but when I use the Hourglass corrective concealer (thin layer) and the YSL on top. It really brings my eyes forward and brightens them.

It is still very expensive and it only lasts me 3 months. :( I tried the Maybelline Dream Lumi but that...that just didn't work at all for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

There is so much advertisement and hype about this gold magic pen. It IS rather luxurious feeling to own it and look at it. Ok, does it work?

NO! It did not at all conceal for it has zero coverage. Weak highlighter/brightener abilities, and do not put too much under your eyes or it will look ghostly. The texture is nice along with the easy pen click application.

I find this product VERY overrated. I feel guilty for shelling out the money for this. There are plenty of others similar to this and better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by groovychick13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is fab only recently tried it and cant believe how amazing it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by exelero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This one is my HG highlighter AND concealer. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this works as one of the best concealers I've ever had. Forget the CHANEL ones, the Dior sculpts, the Clinique... This one doesn't settle in lines, doesn't leave the skin dry (as the CHANEL pro concealer), does last long (unlike Dior sculpt) and has nice coverage!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this product as a sample, and I was so impressed that I bought the full size. I use shade #1. My skin has a lot of pink to it and this corrector cancels it out well. I have no problems covering blemishes or semi dark under eye circles. This product is very thin though, so a little goes a long way! I'm not a huge fan of the packaging. I find the gold to look to a bit gaudy, and I don't like packaging where you have to click or twist the container to get product out. It makes it very easy to get too much, especially with such a thin consistency product. I also prefer to just use my fingers to blend the product into my skin. It is a bit expensive. I only use this corrector about once a day so it has lasted me almost 2 months now and to me, that is worth the money. I would definitely repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by FeminineCharm

After testing this on myself at a department store years ago- I came away thinking, "What a scam!". I did not agree this was a concealer or a highlighter and how could it be both?

I recently asked a lady at YSL on how to use it properly- I have trawled most places looking for a good concealer to hide my dark circles with no luck. I was recommended the shade in 1.5 for my light olive skin (NC25) - it did look pale but it blended in perfectly.

She showed me exactly what I needed to do with the pen to banish the signs of late nights and I was amazed at how little product was actually required! Just two "smiley faces" under each eye- and blend away. Perfection.

Honestly, I did need to refresh it during the day but only once. Unlike some concealing/highlighting products this never looked cakey after re-application.

For anyone who enjoys using creamy or pan-style concealers- this may not be for you as this does not "cover" blemishes or darkness it reflects and diffuses. Also, where it may seem to have light coverage- this makes the eyes look awake and rested in photographs- this is a good one to bear in mind =)

This is a real splurge but it works for me as I don't look for heaviness in bases.
This is fragrance-free and the clicking action on the luxe, gold pen makes me feel like oo7.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I understand Touche Eclat is not a concealer and I know what the product is actually for(most people seem to miss it).
I tried this product with high hopes, with the about of rave reviews it gets I was expecting a miracle, but unfortunately it is all hype.
It doesn't actually do anything...? It doesn't correct, or highlight or add radiance. It sort of sits on top of the skin, doing nothing.

The texture is creamy but it is sheer, but cakey, it is a bizarre mix.
I've seen people use it under their eyes but I can't because it cakes very easily under the thin skin of the eyes.
It does have quite pink/salmon undertones most likely to correct blue hues but its far too sheer to correct it you'll still see blue circles with pink cakey product on top.
The packaging is nice though, I do like the gold, but the brush pen will leave this product streaking, so do blend in with a brush or finger.
The amount of product you get in is good, actually. I've tried it numerous times for different uses but I just can't justify the hype.
I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Henab

This takes away eye bags, puffiness and dark circles. Cons for me is the short shelf life because I only wear makeup occasionally.