October 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by gilabat

I have come back to this shampoo and conditioner. Most recently I have tried Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco shampoo and Super Rich conditioner and Redken All Soft. Both of those left my hair a dried out, tangled mess and I returned them or gave them away.

The Suave Sleek is probably coating my hair, but I must need that or else it becomes a tangled mess. I would definitely recommend this for the price. It works great and leaves my (lightened, medium length) hair manageable and tangle-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by tffnrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product a few months ago and was really impressed by it! My hair is kinda naturally curly, so I wanted a shampoo to help straighten my hair. I wouldn't say that it's the very best shampoo, but it does help with curly/wavy hair. It's also a great price, so even if it didn't work, you wouldn't have spent a whole lot of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by tropicalpalmleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the value sized bottle of this shampoo. I have had great results. My hair is wavy and coarse and I suffer from the frizzies. After using this for a week or so, I noticed that my hair is sleeker and shinier. It is easier to straighten and my style holds. In between this shampoo, I have used other brands and haven't received the same results. The smell is kind of strong but I actually do like it. It smells fresh to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by kawaiilin

Bought this as a alternative to the Matrix version that my friend had. I'd say that it was pretty effective in giving a sleek look (I didnt blow drive my hair during the period of use either). The only reason I'm not rebuying is because I'm aiming for more volume in my hair now, but overall I think this was a good product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the shampoo and conditioner abot 8 months ago because my sister said it worked great. I wasnt too impressed. It didnt really smooth my hair or make it sleek. It seemed to cleanse pretty well though. I will NOT re purchase however, b/c the smell is awful. To me it smells like wasp killer spray. And it lingers. Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by vivace160

I've been using this shampoo for about a month now and for a fraction of the price (under $2 for a regular sized bottle) I'm getting the same results (if not a little better) as the pricier brands I've tried. With the combined use of this shampoo and the Sleek conditioner, it leaves my hair clean and very soft. It doesn't tame my frizz as much as I'd like (though to be honest, I don't think any shampoo could ever do that, it's so bad) but it gives me a great base to start with. I follow it up with Suave Sleek anti frizz cream then use a flat iron to be completely frizz free. Before I switched to Suave Sleek, I'd still have some frizz even after using the flat iron but now my hair looks the best it ever has. I will definitely continue buying this shampoo and I highly recommend it to others. At less than $2, what do you have to lose?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by eiffeltower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Where can I find this shampoo & conditioner in British Columbia, Canada??

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by qkellie

I used to use the "real" Matrix sleek stuff that this product is trying to emulate, and I can say that for a fraction of the price, the good old "orange Suave" is just as good. The only thing I don't like is the smell, and I usually actually like a lot of the scent of products that other people don't (like self-tanner... for some reason, I think that smells good.. ANYway...). This, though, both the shampoo and conditioner don't smell fabulous. I use some styling products that smell better, however, and voilą! Much better! :) Oh, and whether I'm trying to straighten my hair on a particular day or wear it with big, smooth curls, this stuff preps great. The only thing it doesn't prep great is if I want to have wavy, tousled hair. This actually smooths it almost too much for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by DivineL

i'm reviewing the suave professional line sleek look, the matrix sleek wannabe in the orange packaging. i think that this shampoo and conditiner combo is fantastic. it works AND is dirt cheap. under $2 at walmart for the smaller/standard size bottles.

i already have really straight, fine textured hair and this kepts the static and frizz away when i'm wearing sweaters. i can't say that it adds shine, b/c my hair is already pretty shiney. what i can say is that it keeps my hair from getting tangled.

i wish it smelled better. the smell doesnt stay with me, so i'm okay with that. it doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't exactly remind me of the salon either. other than that i actually like this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by onceuponatime1

I read these comments months ago and bought the product, thinking that it worked just as great as everyone said. I figured maybe I was using the wrong styling products or washing in harder water or something, but eventually I realized it was this bottle making my hair SO DRY. At first it was great. I've been using it for months, though, and I've also noticed that it leaves this... residue... on my scalp that would stay under my fingernails whenever I scratched my head. Gross! Since then, I switched shampoos and noticed a great difference.