November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glysomed

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by snikolac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Glysomed (unscented) is my favourite hand cream. My skin get so rough and dry in the winter, but this stuff really soothes and moisturizes. I have issues with regular hand creams because in order to fix my dry hands, I generally need the heavier creams, which then get all over my clothes or bed sheets, and I feel like I can't touch anything until it all soaks in. The silicone --- or glycerine? --- in the Glysomed, however, seems to form a barrier that keeps the cream on my skin and not on everything else. This is one of the best products on my shelves!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

The one I'm reviewing is the one that comes in the tub. My mom bought this for my dad because he works with his hands a lot and they tend to get extremely cracked and dry especially in the winter months. I love the Glysomed that comes in the tube so I suggested she buy him Glysomed. She bought the one in the tub, not knowing the difference. I use it sometimes and find it to be a tad on the greasy side (and no I don't slather it on), which sucks when trying to screw the cap back on because it ends up slipping and sliding. It doesn't really keep my skin moisturized for as long as I'd like, but it does get the job done. I find Aveeno to be the best, it keeps my skin moisturized for 24 hours, like it promises.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mine is unscented hand lotion in the squeeze tube.
Absorbs fairly fast for a deep hydrating lotion. Best used at night. Works well on feet after a pedicure.
Very cheap, and for $10cdn at costco you can get two 250ml tubes. What a steal. Love love love. Staple for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing the unscented hand cream. (They also make scented versions of the hand cream and body lotion but I haven't tried them.) This is probably the best product of its type that I've ever tried. It is odorless, absorbs fairly quickly and works very well. I have a tube next to every sink in the house, plus one in my purse. Very inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by LinDo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Glysomed Unscented handcream is absolutely, without a doubt, the best handcream I've ever used! I recommend it to everyone, and so many people return to me thanking me for telling them about it.

If you get winter dry skin, this will heal and protect like no other. I slather it on at night. No more cracked cuticles around my thumbs anymore! Those are a nightmare.

You need to use only a little. The warmth of your hands melts and softens the cream. It is so smoothing and healing.

I can't say enough about this product! The best, IMO~

I prefer the unscented, but that's my choice.

No fancy packaging, plain squeeze tube that works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

I have the Hand Cream and it's really good. Moisturizes really well and goes on smoothly. It also comes in a fragrance-free version. Both are great! The smell of the original isn't bad either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by tresadorkable

I love Glysomed's hand cream, it's very moisturizing and great for the winter months. It can be too greasy so a little goes a long way. A definite must have.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by littlemissorangepenguin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff moisturizes soo extremely well but the smell of it makes me nauseous. So therefore I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by juneBB

I bought this product at the local drugstore because i had forgotten my bath and body work's bottle at home. Since then I've keep a bottle with me at all times, I have one in each purse/bag and at the office. I've spent money on expensive lotion and even the vaseline brands but i love how it goes on, although slightly sticky, almost instantly smoothes out. There's no fragrance which is also another plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by definelove

Glysomed is AMAZING. I truly believe that every single person in the world who suffers from dry skin needs to own a bottle of this stuff. This product has made my hands and feet silky soft, within just 2-3 days of usage. I used to have disgusting calluses on my feet because it is summer right now and I've been wearing flip-flops, flats, and heels a lot.. I tried this out, and I saw amazing results in literally two days. I know a common complaint would be it leaves a little bit of moisture behind, which is why I'd recommend applying this before night time. This doesn't have that "amazing scent" like most handcreams do, it has a regular cream scent. I have a couple of travel sized containers that I keep in my car, in my bag, at school, and a huge one that I like to keep on my bedside. I have to say I've tried SO many different types of hand creams, but most of them just seem to appeal for their smell or their packaging. Overall, this is a must-have product, whether you are a girl or a guy, even if you don't suffer from dry skin, you will be absolutely amazed at the results.