October 31, 2014 | 1524 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by justmelw

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 72, have been using this product for 10 yrs. love it buy fo not love thr price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First impression was "wow, this is really oily and greasy". But as I emulsify the oil with water -- Oh. My. God. My skin was so smooth. It left no trace of oiliness or greasiness on my face. Almost like I wasn't even using oil remover. Minimal to moderate makeup - one pump. For full coverage, caked-on makeup, two pumps will take that off. It removes all waterproof mascara/eyeliner too! I usually go over with a gentle cleanser (Physiogel - prescribed by a Hong Kong dermatologist). And mien oh mien, after I pat my face dry, my skin is soooo silky and smooth. I, then, go over with a cotton pad of Bioderma.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seriously obsessed I can't wait to wash my face at night! You know how no matter what you do when you go to towel off your face it seems you ALWAYS have some left over make up that didn't come off? Not anymore! My skins as soft and as smooth as a babies bottom! With this ill likely never age! I love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by YENSUONG

I love this cleansing oil better than my Shu Uemura pore (pink bottle) because it doesn't dry out my skin at all. It keeps my face balance and clean! I love how my skin feels clean and refleshing. I don't like the smell that much, it smells exactly like olive oil(ingredient). I would definitely buy it again! :) Highly recommend it.

Shu Uemura is $67 for 15.2oz/450ml on shuuemura.com
DHC is $25 for 6.7 z/200ml on amazon.com

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by geminiysanford

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ewwwwww. After hearing all the hype about oil cleansers, I thought to myself, why not , what's the worse that can happen? Living in Japan, I have easy access to the brand DHC, and their oil cleanser has received many rave reviews. So, I bought the large pump bottle, for about 30 bucks. So, basically, I paid someone thirty bucks to wreck my face, and break me out like it was 1988. How it works is, you squirt a bit from the pump into your dry hands, and apply to your dry face, rub around, add some water, and the oil emulsifies, rinse off, and voila, squeaky clean skin. NOT! What happens is, you smudge your makeup around, turn it i to makeup sauce, your waterproof mascara doesn't budge, and you break out. The oil is heavy, and admittedly I do not like the feel of it. Especially on my face. But I have dry skin, and thought, maybe this will get me clean and not make my face feel so tight. So, heavy oil face, add water, rinse. Within hours, my chin and above my eyebrows have broken out. Gross. I continued for a week, thinking it would clear up, that my skin was purging, maybe? Nope. The blemishes spread, my face never felt or looked clean, and my husband started to joke that 1986 called, and it wanted its skin back. Not funny. That was the worse that could happen, and it was bad enough that I swore off oil cleansers, and recommitted to my japanese style double cleansing, foam first then lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by ihraracerkim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Mild Soap for years! I find using the two in conjunction, is the most efficient for my sensitive skin. The best!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Since I began using liquid foundation recently, I figured that my previous makeup remover wouldn't be up to the heavy duty task so I opened my DHC cleansing oil and put it to the test.

It's only been my second usage so I won't gush too much about the cleansing oil, but I have used MAC's cleansing oil some years back and I have to say that DHC's is far better. Cleaned my face without leaving an oily residue and my skin felt smooth to the touch. Only in one pump too! I also have chronic hives and my skin did not itch afterwards so it's a plus for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by mikih87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favorite makeup remover because it literally dissolves all the makeup on your face! I only use it as a makeup remover and a face wash afterwards. You rub the cleansing oil on your face, then add water and it lathers up to a milky looking consistency. I have had may of my friends try this product as well and the ones with combination and oily skin have loved it the most! One of my friends put it to her raccoon eye test. She said all of the makeup removers that she has used have left her with raccoon eyes the next morning, but if she didn't have the same results with the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil she'd buy it. GUESS WHAT! She didn't have raccoon eyes the next morning, this stuff is honestly the best makeup remover!! Oh and it also makes as a great brush cleaner. =)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This broke out in huge whiteheads and I rarely break out! This has scared me away from all oil cleansers. I have combination skin and don't think it needs any extra oil. I'm going back to my tried and true olay sensitive skin cleansing cloths.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Sigh- this just did not work for me. My skin is not *that* sensitive, usually it is my eyes that react or occasionally my lips but I knew from the very first time this touched my skin that it was causing a reaction. My face just started getting hot and red all over.

Really disappointing because I loved the idea of a one stop cleansing shop for eyes and face but alas it was not to be. My eyes also, unsurprisingly, took it really bad. I did my best not to actually get any in the eye but it is almost impossible when you are cleansing mascara off. They ended up bloodshot around the iris and sore.
But if I am going to be positive- it did dissolve all makeup successfully and rinsed off without a residue, which is what I had hoped for.

The other thing that bugged me slightly is that being in the UK I could only order from the website- and had a surcharge for being in a 'remote area'. It is really not remote in the least and delivery was just by Royal Mail, so it didn't make a lot of sense to me as to why I was having to pay extra.