September 22, 2014 | 1912 users online

Blush - L'Oreal - True Match super-blendable blush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by dragonflymusicgirl

I have this blush in subtle sable, which is a kind of a lighter version of rosy outlook. The brush is crap, so I used my own Essence of Beauty blush brush. It's AMAZING, has AMAZING color pigmentation, and is reallyyy blendable. It makes my skin looked naturally flushed- who wants to look like they've been caking on blush the whole day? Would totally recommend it to any of my friends. It doesn't break me out either, which is a plus. I guess this would be the best product out of the whole True Match line, at the foundations always make my face an oily mass. But try it!!! I almost guarantee you'll love it. (P.S. the little match the blush to the foundation thingy also works really well. I just take my foundation and match it up with the little plastic swatch, and use the numbers from the swatch to pick my blush. Good luck!!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My color is bare honey. (I've also heard that its the same color as Almay's Smart Shade Blush in Natural, which can be used as a base for this blush.)
I rate this a 4 for the quality of the blush. However, it does not fit my skin tone, I now realize my colors are pinks and pinky corals, not bare and honey colors. (How ironic, the name is bare honey..) I think I may give this to a friend who's skin tone matches this blush.
SHIMMER. This blush has tons of it. Not a fan of that aspect either..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jenni1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this blush. i have baby blossom and rosy outlook. they are really natural. But if you like pink blushes, they only have orange-y and peach-y colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by vmotis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've bought this once before and had to re-buy it.

I'm always on the search for a blush that works for me, but every time I buy a new product, I find myself coming back to this one as a sort of safe colour that I know works with my skin and face.

I use C3-4 "Tender Rose." I'm very pale (true match alabaster in warm undertones) and find that this is a perfect color that looks natural but also has the ability to contour my face if I use it as such.

Staying power isn't so great, but it isn't so bad either. I don't find that it's all over my face by the end of the day, or has shifted lopsided - there's still some pigment on my cheeks. I just reapply a little if I see I need more, and I'm done with it. But often times, I find that enough has stayed where I don't need touch-ups. (This definitely depends on what kind of foundation you're using at the time, as with an oilier foundation you'll find it disappears within an hour. On top of powder foundations, it lasts all day. And on top of foundations that have been set, it will also stay on much longer.)

Easy packaging. Comes with a brush that can easily work if you don't have a blush brush handy. Has a good size mirror. Overall, just a great product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite cosmetics... EVER. Being fair skin but warm tone, it sometimes is tricky finding a nice flush-color blush (as opposed to a bronze type blush). I'm so happy this line breaks it all down for you.

I have sweet ginger (n7-8) and subtle sable (w5-6) and am thinking of getting other colors (probably something lighter). In any case, they price is great, the pigmentation is awesome, and packaging is excellent. I really like the brush that they come with too. The angle is wonderful for contouring or rounding around the apples of your cheeks.

This is likely the only blush I'll ever buy, ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by nxg777

I like this blush alot. I have it in Baby Blossom. It gives me such a natural flush. It has good pigment and it cost me about 10 bucks but i got a sale so i bought a liquid foundation for half price so i think it was a pretty good deal :) i recommened this product.It has a nice shimmer but not so much that it looks like my cheeks are shiny and oily.I would mos def buy this again. as a matter of a fact, i want to buy some other colors, and that is crazy because im not much of a blush person. i only own like 8 blushes in total

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by sally38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this blush in Tender Rose too and I love it! It's so pigmented you have to be very careful when applying it and layer for more color - otherwise you might look like a clown.

The formula is silky smooth and blends extremely well! It also has a bit of shimmer which gives a nice look. The brush it comes with isn't even half bad! It's the right shape and fluffy which makes it perfect for applying a heavily pigmented blush like this.

The big problem with this blush, for me at least, is the smell. It smells horrible! It's not a problem when wearing it, but when you open it up and apply you really have to hold your breath. All in all I would buy this product again - but I would really love to go out to the store and grab like 5 if they got rid of the awful smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I bought this blush in Tender Rose. OMG, I loves me this blush! It truly is super blendable and it goes on with just enough color and you can layer if you want for more color or keep blending if you want natural color. Highly recommend!

*****

Edit: I still think this is a fab product but this particular color has a ton of shimmer. Great for evenings, IMHP it's a bit too much shimmer for day time. Also: be super careful not to drop this product on the floor. It will crack on you something horrible. I dropped mine on plain carpet and the blush shattered in half (nothing happened to the compact). I did get to see just how thin of a layer they put in those pans... not too much product but I think it's still great for the price. Also you may want to go by the colors suggested for your skin tone range. The True Match line has a letter system. I'm Neutural so.... I plan on buying a different color next time under the nuetural options... of course you can buy whatever color suits your fancy! ;o)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by aamugirl

I have this in the shade C7-8/Spiced Plum and I love it. I bought this same shade a few years ago and it was a lot more red with less shimmer. They have the formulation a bit but I like this one better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I have this blush in "Precious Peach" and really like it so far. I have been using a blush with more of a pink tone (orgasm by NARS) and although I really like it, I wanted to explore other colors that would give my medium olive skin a natural flush. In prior experence with drugstore blushes, I found that the colors are far too opaque, which looks clownish and powdery. I think drugstore brands have stepped up and L'Oreal is one of my drugstore favorites. The color Precious Peach does not look like it would be a blush color, for very fair people perhaps it could even be used as a light bronzer. I use it on the apples of my cheeks after I contour the hollow of the cheek with my MAC shade (Blunt). It isn't too stark, it looks very natural, and it actually makes my skin look glowing and healthy. I really like it for the summer time when I don't want to look too "made up".