July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Self Tanners - Johnson & Johnson - Holiday Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by lexie75

Firstly let me say that last summer I loved this product. This summer however... I hate it! They have changed the formula so now it doesn't soak in and leaves weird little rolls of jelly all over you which get all over everything. I find the smell (which lasts for days) fairly offensive, if I wanted to smell like a damp biscuit then I wouldn't spend a fortune on my fav perfume. All in all, the saying... "If it's not broken, don't fix it" comes to mind!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Maja012

I have kept repurchasing this and will continue.
I'm not a fake-tan person, but when i tried this i fell in love.
On me, it is the exact colour of my natural tan.
It is impossible to muck-up the application - i rub it in thoroughly and have never ever had it streak or look unnatural.
I've gotten used to the smell - now it just reminds me of lazy summer days by the beach - it is quite strong while youre applying and a little while after (i use it before bed anyway) but it disappears by the time i wake up.

Ive tried all the moisturser/tanner things from dove, neutrogena, garnier, etc, and they give no colour at all.
This one does what it's supposed to! It moisturises very very well and actually gives off colour!

LOVE! It's a cinch to apply and is fool-proof and is cheap, which in my eyes makes it much better than any other 'proper' self-tanners
my HG :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ive never used self tanning lotions before, and this is my first one. I dont like it! It makes my skin orange quite literally especially my knees. Then on my upper half of hte body, it does absoultely nothing. Im not caucasian so I just wanted something to enhance my colour. But after 3 consecutive days of using hte lotion, I saw an orange tint to my skin. Smells quite nice and it came in a big bottle for a good price. Im trying to use this every other day to see what effect it has.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2007 8:01:00 AM More reviews by tanaholicgirl

This was the worst tan lotion i've ever used.It was really strange when I applied it as it kept rubbing off into tiny rubber bits it also made me look yellow like I was jaundiced.
I used it a for a few days in a row then threw it in the bin.Wont buy that again.

Rubbish!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2007 6:08:00 AM More reviews by LittleBlackDog

I gave this 2 lippies because it DID leave me with a half decent and deep colour. Shame it was so uneven in area's and not the right colour you want, it was more yellow and 'fake bake' than golden brown like most people desire. I resented the smell it left, not just whilst applying but also the next day [I apply these type of creams at night so it won't rub and streak during the day and so I can wake with a lovely glow.. HA!] It's interestingly got two different smells too, the application smell is strong and floral, which I hate. The morning after smell is like you've cooked yourself, or cookies. But not nice cookies.
It doesn't need to be used daily, I dread to think what i would have looked like after a few days of using this.
The packaging is annoying [I used cream, not spray] because although you don't use too much with a squeeze nozzle, you DO get greasy hands and the bottle becomes slimey on the outside etc.
I am a fair/medium skinned person and even the light shade, applied correctly was so ridiculous it was hysterical. I wouldn't reccommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2007 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Lilacangel

To be blunt, after using this I looked like a piece of streaky bacon! Would never buy again. Rubbish!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by ghettoprince

awful awful awful cheap for a reason, made me all yellow and patchy

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by pheebizle_x

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, i supose i had extremly high hopes for this product considering all the hype about it.
i bought the light to medium version as i have pale skin. i put it on at night exited about the prospect of lightly tanned streak free legs BUT when i woke up the smell was unbearibble very fake tannish and it had left me with dark brown blotches and streaks !!! the only nice thing about this product is the intiall smell and colour, i strongly advise you not to waste your money!
xx

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 6:49:00 AM More reviews by amazingtessa

They've just brought out a new formula for this - it seems a lot better. It's thicker, easier to apply, and you don't get the excess product that won't absorb forming into weird dirty clumps on your skin. Results aren't as amazingly natural as the best premium self-tanners, but for the price, I think this is now a good product.

You need to apply fairly sparingly, rub it in well and build up over a few applications - but if you put it on when you get out of the shower, by the time you've dried your hair you'll be OK to put clothes on, if you see what I mean. I use this about twice a week - that's all you need.

And I think "normal to darker skin" means just that - if you're pale and you just want a fast track to a tan or more tan for your buck, I wouldn't recommend it - get the lighter one instead!

And definitely, definitely wash your hands afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A great daily moisturiser with a subtle self tanner included that has a lovely natural colour. Easy to apply as you don't have to worry about streaks as you do with some self tanners. Exfoliate your skin regularly, otherwise you can end up with an unnatural buildup of colour on odd spots which then scrapes off.