July 29, 2014 | 2090 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this as a free birthday present. I only use it as a shower gel and its ok. washes away well, and smells good. great for winter. I will rather this as a 3.5

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I am not a big fan of this scent it is like vanilla plastic. It cleans well and lathers nicely. I just couldn't get over the scent. It is not strong and overpowering but, just not a great scent or what I expected when I read Vanilla Birthday Cake.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

got a free sample from sephora. it smells so-so, its okay as a body wash and im sure its a nice bubble bath(but then again pretty much any shower gel can be a bubble bath, in my experience) but it is a TERRIBLE shampoo. it somehow made my hair dry and tangled, yet greasy. i had to deep condition it TWICE just to get my hair to feel normal again. so, to recap, basically its a 2-in-1, since its the worst shampoo ive ever tried, and since most shower gels will make bubbles in a bath, its pretty much just a 1-in-1, and not such a moisturizing or great smelling one at that. i feel bad because it was free, and it's a little stupid to critique free samples, but on the off chance i can spare someone else a terrible hair day, i will repeat-(without lathering or rinsing)- DO NOT USE YOUR FREE SEPHORA BIRTHDAY PRESENT AS A SHAMPOO!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by danidean

I received a deluxe size sample of this from Sephora and loved it! The smell, the lather oh my! I personally wouldn't use it as hair shampoo but I guess it'll do if your in a jam. Great shower gel!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Interludes

I received this as a birthday gift from Sephora, but normally it is $16.
Pros? It cleans well. That's it.

The scent is absolutely awful. There's no vanilla, cake, or vanilla cake in it. It's just a pure plastic scent. It smells this way both in the bottle and while being used.
If only it smelled nice. Then it would be great.

The bottle is the usual Philosophy bottle. No problems there. I just cannot get past the plastic scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually enjoy the scent. It makes me want to continuously sniff it! However, I would never spend this much on a single bath product (I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora). It says you can use it as bubble bath, shampoo, and body wash. It sucks as bubble bath. Does. Not. Create. Foam. Period.
It rocks as body wash though! I used a scrubby glove thing. I just drizzle some of this on my glove and lather away! Not really sure why it doesn't do that when you use it as bubble bath...
I haven't tried it as a shampoo and probably won't considering I like my shampoo and conditioner to match.
Overall, I would not repurchase, but if you can get it for free like I did, why not?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I was really rather looking forward to using this after receiving a complimentary bottle from Sephora, like so many fellow Virgos here. I'm a vanilla fiend so I tried it as soon as I could. Unfortunately I find the smell of this product to be quite atrocious. It reeks of plastic. I made the assumption I was getting a whiff of the packaging initially. In the shower however, all I could smell was the harsh artificiality of this scent. When it comes to Philosophy, I'm a Grace girl. This 3-in-1 has reminded me why those products are so superior to everything else they produce. For an excellent Vanilla shower cream, try Cleo, a lovely Italian brand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like most recent reviewers, I got this as a Sephora BI bday freebie. It does smell sweet and generic in the bottle, the reviewer who said it smells just like My Little Pony was right on! Anyone who played with them knows the scent. But honestly, it's a terrible bubble bath! I dumped a bunch (like 3-4 capfuls) into my bath while the water was pouring and no bubbles were left by the time the tub filled up. This is NOT a bubble bath. Also, no discernible scent in the bathwater. I'm disappointed. It's ok as a shower gel. It goes into my gym bag as a back-up.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by LBVero

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this free and on a whim decided to use it all over, it said You can, needless to say it was dreadful! Made my hair feel like straw even after a reaaly good conditioner and doesnt do a thing for my skin and the fragrance is gone almost immediately! It stripped my hair of a lovely coloring job, I cant imagine what made me be so impulsive as to use this on my hair, it says on the bottle you can so I thought "why not?" its philosiphy, and they are a good brand right?Nooooooo!,,

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by silverlilly

Ugh. The last reviewer was right - worst smelling body wash ever! When I first opened it, I thought "This smells like plastic!" I thought the bottle had contaminated the product...but the outside of the bottle smells fine - the body-wash itself smells like sweet melted plastic. I'll use it for hand-soap when I run out and see if I can stand it...but this will not go into the shower.....