July 29, 2014 | 2075 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE super sharp liner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by isa_pin

LOVE this!! This is the first time I've used liquid eyeliner and it didn't even take that much practice for me to be able to use this product well.

The tip is very soft but easy to control so you do get a very sharp and precise line. This would be great for doing the bottom of your eyes because the tip is so fine.

It stays on all day for me and I have fairly oily lids, especially during humid summers!

I'm a huge Kate fan and have been pleased with all their products that I have tried. Will definitely keep buying this until they come up with a better product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this product based on the reviews. First the good: It is incredibly easy to use, especially for a liquid liner. And this was my first time using one too. It is inexpensive (10 USD approximately) and I like the very fine brush tip which makes it easy to do the natural tightlined look (the ink is a faint black too, rather than an obvious super saturated black). The bad: I don't usually wear eyeliner bc it tends to smear all over my oily lids. While it is less obvious with this liner than some other products I've used (only smudges on my top lid whereas other liners leave my bottom lid smudged even though I did not apply it there), it nevertheless still happens. I also noticed it fades quite a bit. And by the end of the day when its cleansing time, I don't even bother with eye makeup remover or cleansing oil on my lids bc it washes off easily (sadly no tattoo qualities on my greasy lids). I do love the natural look it gives and how easy it is to use, so I will finish this product. But I will sadly have to continue looking for an HG liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by SnowJaz

Kate super sharp liner is a easy to use and value for money liner. The tip of the liner is soft and yet firm so it's easy to control when drawing on eyes. The "ink" from the liner is always just right and doesn't leak. The colour of the liner is very soft (not pigmented), so if you need a darker colour, you will just need to draw on a few more times to get the intensity you want. It gives you a very natural look on the eyes as the line drawn is very fine and soft. Good for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by palmst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little disappointed with this after reading all the great reviews. If you are looking for a pen liner with a firm tip - this is not the one. I tightline my upper lashline with pen liners by "dotting" in between the lashes with the tip - I found the ink did not flow that well and needed to repeat over the same spot to get adequate coverage, so it was taking me more time to finish my eyes. This is where the soft tip was not the best either as it was bending too much. I found the tip has a tendency to dry out.....Perhaps I got one from a bad batch? I prefer my Sana Maikohan pen liner which has a firmer tip and has easy flowing ink

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by eshta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best eyeliner Ive tried,hands down!

As fine lines as I always wanted...
Barely visible.. or tightlined..or 60-ies cat eyes...:)

I use the "High Black"(darkest color) and ""Black"(soft grey/black)
Removes pretty easily with cleansing oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My fellow makeup-addicted friend gifted me one of these after she returned from a trip to Asia. I actually didn't have super high hopes, because I really disliked the Kate gel eyeliner, but this one is great! I only use it on my upper lid (I still use gel liner and a slant brush to line my lower lid), and the fine tip brush is perfect for pushing the liner in between my lashes. I took one lippie off because it doesn't wear as well as a good gel liner, but the staying power is great for a non-waterproof liquid liner. Overall, I'm really happy with this and might have to incorporate this (or a similar product) into my daily routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by M31212Y

It's very hard to make a mistakes when you draw a line with this pen,unless someone push your hand.LOL. It glides smoootthhllyy on my eyelid,unlike any other liquid liner that doesn't mistake proof. It's pretty cheap for the quality,it long lasting but unfortunately it's not waterproof/water resistant...It smudge/smears after I yawned (>o<) haha. It's not for watery eyes like me, but I really like this pen liner, extremely easy to apply, dry quickly. I hope they will make the waterproof version of this,huhuh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 7:17:00 AM More reviews by masaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my fluidlines, but it's such a hassle with the brush thing. I have a tendency to wash eyeliner brushes everyday, so I stick with cheap ones so I have many to rotate around. So a pen liquid liner is what I was looking for and have been lemming this particular liner for so long. I honestly love this thing. As much as I love to draw lines some time in the day, I hate the fact that my regular liner would look weird half gone. Yes, even fluidlines, especially blacktrack, tend to fade out by the end of my 8hour shift. I got Kate Sharp Liner in High-black, the newer black version. It's pretty black and really sharp. I agree with the reviewer below that they should also emphasize it's smudge-free-ness. The first two times I started using this, I was able to draw the thinnest line that I've always dreamt of. I can tightline easily with this too. But trying to draw a bit thicker line kinda messes me up. In my opinion, that's something a little more practice and steady hand can solve. The removal part is what made me took a lippie out. Since I can't draw straight and consistent lines, I have to go over the line a few times. I notice that when I do this, that's when the liner seems to be "tatooed" to my skin. It's so hard to remove with all my cleansing oils (dhc, kanebo, fancl) and bifacil. So I gave up and just left it instead of tugging my skin, since the color just won't completely go away. I didn't use it the next day, and the following day, it was gone. So two nights worth of cleaning did the job. Despite that, I think I'm going to stock up on it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by PinkChick

I have Asian lids that easily smudges eyeliners and most eyeliners fade/smudge on me. My best luck so far has been with BB gel eyeliners which last about 8-10 hours on me with some fading for me but this has trumped it. 12 hours of wear and the line is as black as it was when I put it on my upper lid. The bottom smudged but I expect that because nothing lasts near my lash line on the bottom of my eye.

I have BK-1 which is a true black on me.

Love how it allows you to draw the thinnest line close to the lashes with ease. I'm pretty sure my sister who hates eyeliner would be able to do this well!

Anyway, a new HG for me and quick and easy to use everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jaz_go

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily, semi-hooded, Asian lids and so far MAC liquidlast is the only thing that last! I have tried the following and they ALL smudge on me (transfers to my lower lashline giving me the "dark eyebags look" in under 2 hours):
1) BB Gel Liners
2) MAC Fluidlines
3) MUFE Aqua CreamLiner
4) L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner
5) Kanebo Kate Gel Eyeliner

I sought out Kanebo Kate's Super Sharp Liner on my recent trip to Japan after reading the rave reviews here on MUA. I got this in "high black" (in black tube) and this shade is true black. The brush tip is thin enough, stays firm and sharp and allows me to tightline cleanly without ever touching my eyelashes. (I hate it when that happens with Liquidlast. I am forever wiping goop off my lashes.)

The cons: It is not as budge-proof as Liquidlast. I mean it stays just as long as I don't rub my eyes accidentally. Maybe because my lids are super oily that a slight rub is like using cleansing oil. Eeek!

Update July 2008: Smears after 4 hours!