December 21, 2014 | 1784 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I've been through at least 30 bottles of these over the past few years BUT the price really HURT my wallet!! SO i decided to find a cheaper alternative=99% alcohol.
which works just as good BUT is a bit harsh when dipped.. you can only spritz it.

this is gentle yet VERY effective. removed weeks of foundation and powder in a 10 second dip.

overall GREAT PRODUCT but costly overtime..
what i did was mix this with water so I would conserve the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this cleanser did not perform well for me. i transfer some brush cleanser into a spray bottle to quickly clean my eyeliner brush and other brushes with ease. i formerly used the japonesque brush cleanser but bought this one since i use so many mac eye products. it just didn't do a good job plain and simple. i can't even waste time using the bottle up. i'm going to see if my mother likes it, if not, i'm dumping it. i've already refilled my bottle with my trusty japonesque brush cleanser and i won't go astray on this one again. too bad this one didn't work well at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this brush cleanser is crap...for cream/liquid foundation brushes. it will not get the foundation off of your brushes so dont even waste your money on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm contemplating whether I should repurchase this or not when I run out or try Clinique's brush cleanser instead which is more expensive but it has better packaging. I don't like the opening because it doesn't disperse the amount I want. It doesn't remove all of the product out of my foundation brushes regardless of what I use to soak and rub the brushes on (e.g. tea towel, chux wipes, kitchen paper towels, tissues, cotton pad).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sandrathp

This is a decent cleanser. Nothing extraordinary. It is gentle on bristles so it gets 5 stars for being safe on even the natural most delicate bristles. But it does not perform so well depending on which product you are trying to get off your brush. It didn't get thick cream concealer off my synthetic concealer brush at all, but on the other hand got off my liquid to cream mineral foundation from my MAC 187 stipple (mix nylon and goat bristles) brush so very easily and extremely fast. I just sprayed a few times after moistining the bristles, left the product to work for 20 seconds then swirled it around the palm of my hand and rinsed. The brush is perfectly cleaned. I wouldn't buy it again since I prefer trying other brands but I would come back to this only if i don't find better. The most important quality in a brush cleanser is the alcohol-free factor. The Lise Watier is very harsh because it is packed mostly w/ alcohol and it can dry up and even ruin delicate bristles, so I stay away from it. MAC is decently priced, since the bottle lasts years. I replace the lid w/ a spray nozzle which is easy to find. The Lise Watier nozzle, for instance, fits perfectly. This helps to use a decent amount each time. I tried the original MAC nozzle but too much product came out which wasn't helpfu w/ the cleaning process. The advantage about the spray nozzle is w/ powder brushes and stipple brushes mostly b/c it sprays evenly the product in and out of the bristles. I hope MAC changes the cap on this product very soon or sells a spray nozzle that fits to make things easier!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by QR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleaner does what it's supposed to do and leaves my makeup brushes looking brand new. I pour a little in my spare contact lense case and swirl my eyeshadow or eyeliner brush in it, then rinse the brushes with water. It does a good job removing all the makeup on the brushes (including the dried on, cakey gel eyeliner from mac) and doesnt leave any residue on the bristles. My brushes are over 5 years old and in still in great condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by blackbirdxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always buy this for spot cleaning my brushes! Nothing does it better. I use the "Tiffanyd" method by putting a few drops on a tissue and swirling my brushes in them until they're pretty every morning. Works like a charm! I do a deep clean with baby shampoo every week, and just use this for spot cleaning. Makes it last a lot longer =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to admit I loved this brush cleaner. My brushes never get as clean when I use something else. They only problem I have with it is the price. I clean my brushes very frequently so I would go through way too much of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Chelpiz

I use this everyday to clean my MAC brushes before i apply my makeup. My brushes feel great after cleaning i just have to wait a couple of minutes for them to fully dry. I've noticed when i don't wait my makeup goes on slighty dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good brush cleaner, get a lot for the price and it works a lot better than other cleansers/soaps I have used for my brushes, also don't need to use as much although I usually have to do 2 applications of this per brush until they are completely clean.