October 25, 2014 | 891 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sandrathp

This is a decent cleanser. Nothing extraordinary. It is gentle on bristles so it gets 5 stars for being safe on even the natural most delicate bristles. But it does not perform so well depending on which product you are trying to get off your brush. It didn't get thick cream concealer off my synthetic concealer brush at all, but on the other hand got off my liquid to cream mineral foundation from my MAC 187 stipple (mix nylon and goat bristles) brush so very easily and extremely fast. I just sprayed a few times after moistining the bristles, left the product to work for 20 seconds then swirled it around the palm of my hand and rinsed. The brush is perfectly cleaned. I wouldn't buy it again since I prefer trying other brands but I would come back to this only if i don't find better. The most important quality in a brush cleanser is the alcohol-free factor. The Lise Watier is very harsh because it is packed mostly w/ alcohol and it can dry up and even ruin delicate bristles, so I stay away from it. MAC is decently priced, since the bottle lasts years. I replace the lid w/ a spray nozzle which is easy to find. The Lise Watier nozzle, for instance, fits perfectly. This helps to use a decent amount each time. I tried the original MAC nozzle but too much product came out which wasn't helpfu w/ the cleaning process. The advantage about the spray nozzle is w/ powder brushes and stipple brushes mostly b/c it sprays evenly the product in and out of the bristles. I hope MAC changes the cap on this product very soon or sells a spray nozzle that fits to make things easier!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by QR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleaner does what it's supposed to do and leaves my makeup brushes looking brand new. I pour a little in my spare contact lense case and swirl my eyeshadow or eyeliner brush in it, then rinse the brushes with water. It does a good job removing all the makeup on the brushes (including the dried on, cakey gel eyeliner from mac) and doesnt leave any residue on the bristles. My brushes are over 5 years old and in still in great condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by blackbirdxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always buy this for spot cleaning my brushes! Nothing does it better. I use the "Tiffanyd" method by putting a few drops on a tissue and swirling my brushes in them until they're pretty every morning. Works like a charm! I do a deep clean with baby shampoo every week, and just use this for spot cleaning. Makes it last a lot longer =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to admit I loved this brush cleaner. My brushes never get as clean when I use something else. They only problem I have with it is the price. I clean my brushes very frequently so I would go through way too much of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Chelpiz

I use this everyday to clean my MAC brushes before i apply my makeup. My brushes feel great after cleaning i just have to wait a couple of minutes for them to fully dry. I've noticed when i don't wait my makeup goes on slighty dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good brush cleaner, get a lot for the price and it works a lot better than other cleansers/soaps I have used for my brushes, also don't need to use as much although I usually have to do 2 applications of this per brush until they are completely clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Perpleo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love this product, much better than other brush cleansers i have tried.

although i do wish it came in a spray bottle but thats easy enough for me to change myself

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

On the MAC website it says this is a quick way to clean brushes so me thinking it was just like a surgical spirit to clean my brushes inbetween clients. Well it's not it's just like shampooing your brushes which takes time and ages to dry. It does a good job but doesn't completely shift the foundation off my brushes. But overall a good product <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does everything its supposed to: Cleans, Sanatizes, Leaves brushes soft and conditioned. I'm in love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

It was not until recently did I learn the empty bottles counted twds the MAC recycling program.... oh all the lipsticks I could of gotten!

I ruined a foundation brush trying antibacterial clear liquid soap (don't do it, weird oily clumping and never found a way to save the brush). I have been using the same MAC brushes for years with this cleanser, by swirling the brushes in a small cup of the liquid followed and swishing w/ water after.

*Update 12/26/11: tried Purity cleanser, also by adding some cleanser and water in a small cup then swirling the brushes. Did not do too bad of a job and much cheaper than MAC. Followed up w/ MAC on one of my shader cream colored brushes where Purity did not remove completely.