September 2, 2014 | 1948 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by blackbirdxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always buy this for spot cleaning my brushes! Nothing does it better. I use the "Tiffanyd" method by putting a few drops on a tissue and swirling my brushes in them until they're pretty every morning. Works like a charm! I do a deep clean with baby shampoo every week, and just use this for spot cleaning. Makes it last a lot longer =]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to admit I loved this brush cleaner. My brushes never get as clean when I use something else. They only problem I have with it is the price. I clean my brushes very frequently so I would go through way too much of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Chelpiz

I use this everyday to clean my MAC brushes before i apply my makeup. My brushes feel great after cleaning i just have to wait a couple of minutes for them to fully dry. I've noticed when i don't wait my makeup goes on slighty dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good brush cleaner, get a lot for the price and it works a lot better than other cleansers/soaps I have used for my brushes, also don't need to use as much although I usually have to do 2 applications of this per brush until they are completely clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Perpleo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love this product, much better than other brush cleansers i have tried.

although i do wish it came in a spray bottle but thats easy enough for me to change myself

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

On the MAC website it says this is a quick way to clean brushes so me thinking it was just like a surgical spirit to clean my brushes inbetween clients. Well it's not it's just like shampooing your brushes which takes time and ages to dry. It does a good job but doesn't completely shift the foundation off my brushes. But overall a good product <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does everything its supposed to: Cleans, Sanatizes, Leaves brushes soft and conditioned. I'm in love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

It was not until recently did I learn the empty bottles counted twds the MAC recycling program.... oh all the lipsticks I could of gotten!

I ruined a foundation brush trying antibacterial clear liquid soap (don't do it, weird oily clumping and never found a way to save the brush). I have been using the same MAC brushes for years with this cleanser, by swirling the brushes in a small cup of the liquid followed and swishing w/ water after.

*Update 12/26/11: tried Purity cleanser, also by adding some cleanser and water in a small cup then swirling the brushes. Did not do too bad of a job and much cheaper than MAC. Followed up w/ MAC on one of my shader cream colored brushes where Purity did not remove completely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this for spot cleaning my expensive brushes, especially my two precious MAC brushes. It works pretty well but sometimes one rinse isn't enough, which is why I gave it a four. It leaves brushes soft, but I've found out that crappy handmade bar soap does a better job of getting all of the gunk out of my brushes while leaving them soft, so overall, I feel like this wasn't worth the money. It's too expensive for something just used to clean brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I deleted my old review, and added it again just so people would see this: you CAN deep cleanse your brushes with this!! Just because most people don't know this, it doesn't mean it can't. It's cheaper to do it with other stuff, but this DOES deep cleanse:
- wet your brush
- squeeze most of the water out
- take some of the MAC brush cleanser in your palm (1/2 to 1 tea spoon)
- massage your brush in this
- after some time it will begin to lather. When it lathers up, squeeze the foam out, rinse your brush
- sometimes the brush is clean after one cleanse like this, sometimes two, if very dirty - maybe 3-4
- very dirty brushes may take longer time to lather
- brushes with a lot of creamy products (like liquid foundation) will take more time to clean completely (3-4 times)
This is something I do if I desperately need to deep cleanse my brush, but don't have any gentle soap near. It really cleans DEEP, but you may need to try it out a couple of times to find the right amount of water and cleanser. I'm just saying: deep cleansing with this is possible! It leaves the brushes very clean and soft (it haz conditioner in it).
Else, I really don't understand why people complain about this not deep cleansing with the wiping method, because it's not intended for that, and it's just not possible to deep cleanse by just doing that!

OLD REVIEW:
Will keep repurchasing this! :D
I love this product! I was recommended using this on my MAC brushes by the lady in the shop. It conditions the brushes and cleanses them really well and really fast! I use this as a spot cleanser - fast and easy. For deep cleaning I prefer gentle soap.

The best way to use this is taking a paper tissue, put a little of the liquid on it and wipe the brush back and forth, in circles and in 8's. It also dries fast,so if I forgot to cleanse my brushes, I can just do it in the morning, and literary wait just a couple of minutes before they're completely dry :D

I think this is a good alternative to actually washing the brushes. I also think this is pretty cheap, because the liquid gets distributed on the paper, so you don't need much of it, which means that it's economic if you know how to use it right :) It disinfects and dries quickly- great! it's also gentle to the brushes, and leaves them soft and conditioned. No need for rinsing this out. It's much better to use a good cleanser for your brushes than buy new ones often, especially if you use expensive brushes such as MAC's.
one bottle lasts me about 6-8 months - I don't think it's expensive when it lasts for that long (this is with cleaning some brushes every day, while some, several days a week))
And recommended :)