April 16, 2014 | 2034 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sharibenson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this shower oil! It smells fantastic and creates a rich lather on your skin. Makes me enjoy my shower time!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by mautan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Why do some people keep disdaining the product?
It absolutely is the best shower oil ever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by steffoinnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent oil to use for shaving. Much better than the commercial shaving gels. I never get cut anymore and my legs are softer. I don't like the smell though. Too strong for the rest of the body but just for shaving I put up with it because it works really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

everything lovely that has been said about this is so true. there is something very magical and luxurious about this transformative oil-into-lather. you know it's good if macho-contracter boyfriend will use it and gladly smell like a tunisian queen for an hour or so! i never waste this on shower puffs or loofahs- it is really a sensuous experience to rub it in with your hands. the smell is amazing and unique, and it leaves my skin feeling loovvvely. sometimes i will use this AFTER a different body cleanser just to experience it more often. i definitely always want a bottle around.
however, i will caution you: the top of the bottle is some sort of aluminium or metal i think-- i dropped it in the shower one day and part of it bent so i cannot close the cap. oh well; an excuse to buy another bottle to travel with!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by rysher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of those extravagant beauty products that you don't really NEED but feel like a princess using! I purchased this based on Kristen from beautyaddict.blogspot.com- she raves about it! If you love warm, spicy smells, you will love L'Occitane's Amande line. This smells heavenly and leaves my skin SO soft. The half-oil, half-shower-gel thing is genius! It squeezes out of the container (which is plastic but so elegant and looks gorgeous in my shower) as a gel but can be worked into a light lather. I love this as a shower gel applied with my hands. I also sometimes use it under my shaving cream on my legs to make them extra silky! I am interested in trying more from L'Occitane's Amande line, as the shower oil is so amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

WARNING! THIS STUFF IS ADDICTING! I love how it feels on my skin! I use this stuff EVERYDAY! And my boyfriend can tell u how soft my skin is thanks to L'Occitane's almond line! It's the best stuff ever! Only problem is that it's a little pricey $22 for a tiny 8.4 fl oz bottle, but I think with these results it's DEF worth the price! If you are looking to get a great deal on these I believe QVC and Nordstroms(during their semi annual sales) have really good prices on them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by cathped

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the few shower washes that doesnt make my skin flake. It smells very nice, and the consistency is silky. Unfortunately it is very expensive....But I do like that L'Occitane uses organic plant extracts in their products. I think the cheapest you get this in a webstore is GBP 15.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by parapara01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best products I've ever found, period.
I will continue to buy this for years to come... HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by MackiesMummy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love both this and the grape seed shower oils from L'Occitane. I tried this one first and fell in love with the product as it made such a difference on my dry, sensitive skin and is fab to shave with. The grape seed one I used during my pregnancy and just after giving birth as the grape seed extract helps with water retention and my feet/ankles were extremely swollen (the L'Occitane Grape Seed Anti-Water Retention Gel is fantastic for that). I loved the smell of the almond one but after trying the grape one I think I prefer the smell of that one more. The grape smells sweet and fruity, but a natural smell, whereas the almond one just smells sweet IMO. Because of the design of the twist cap dispenser in the 400ml size and the flip cap on the 250ml size, you do end up pouring too much out the bottle, making the bottle messy and wasting some, so a pump dispenser would be better. I find the oil lathers well, but not giving loads of bubbles which some people may prefer. The best use is when shaving as the razor glides so well over the product, giving a closer shave. The almond shower oil does make skin feel slightly more moisturised (but only slightly), so I think I prefer the grape one based on smell. I do think it is quite expensive and it's something I use to pamper myself, rather than as a daily shower product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by artfag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I like this. It's an excellent alternative to shaving foam, smells lovely and hydrates the skin. It's a shame it's so expensive...