L'Occitane Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

4.4

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Laureth-4, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocamide Mea, Propylene Glycol Butyl Ether, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Aqua/Water, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool

on 3/9/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I received this product as a sample and I thought it was simply a body oil. Of course, I discovered I was mistaken and I loved the result. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and my skin feels softer and it smells delicious. Would definitely buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. This is a staple for me during winter months because it combats dryness like no other lotion or bodywash I've found. The scent is herbal/woodsy and soothing. It lathers well and is great for shaving. I usually leave a bit on my legs before I towel off and then I don't have to apply any lotion. I love this so much that I always buy the larger size during the L'occitane savings events.

on 1/25/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is just fantastic! I've got pretty dry skin and in the winter time with the cold it gets even worse, but with this shower oil I manage to keep moist. The almond smell is good not too synthetic, it lathers up great and leaves the skin soft and silky smooth. To avoid fish skin I still use moisturizing after showering in the winter time, but in the summer time that isn't necessary. I definitely recommend it for dry skin types!

on 1/13/2011 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favourite shower gels. I like that it doesnt smell sickly sweet or sickly synthetic. Its lathers gently, and also good when you want to shave your legs or underarms.
Doesnt leave you feeling like you have deeply moistursied on your body or anything, but a little moisturised - perfect for humid climates!

on 1/12/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

When i first bought it, I loved it and thought it would be a staple luxury. It smelled like rich almonds, and the oil quality felt silky on my skin. th scent did not linger long and I did not feel dry and itchy. It was not very moisturizing, but I didn't care. However, that was the first two months. It was downhill from there. It started to go rancid and two things happened: 1) the lathering quality went down significantly - I had to use more to work up a sizeable lather; and 2) it developed a sharp pungent smell - in fact, someone said I smelled like flint. I think this is a testament to it's natural ingredients.
If you plan on buying it, use it up quickly. Don't let it sit in your shower and go bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This body wash makes showering a luxurious experience. You don't need moisturizer after this, it leaves skin fresh and supple. And... the SMELL! It smells plain gorgeous almonds.
It's quite pricey so I only repurchase every now and then, but I think it's the best product out there from L'Occitane!

on 9/29/2010 5:13:00 PM

Love this shower oil! It smells fantastic and creates a rich lather on your skin. Makes me enjoy my shower time!

on 8/28/2010 2:34:00 AM

Why do some people keep disdaining the product?
It absolutely is the best shower oil ever.

on 7/11/2010 8:48:00 PM

Excellent oil to use for shaving. Much better than the commercial shaving gels. I never get cut anymore and my legs are softer. I don't like the smell though. Too strong for the rest of the body but just for shaving I put up with it because it works really well.

on 7/9/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

everything lovely that has been said about this is so true. there is something very magical and luxurious about this transformative oil-into-lather. you know it's good if macho-contracter boyfriend will use it and gladly smell like a tunisian queen for an hour or so! i never waste this on shower puffs or loofahs- it is really a sensuous experience to rub it in with your hands. the smell is amazing and unique, and it leaves my skin feeling loovvvely. sometimes i will use this AFTER a different body cleanser just to experience it more often. i definitely always want a bottle around.
however, i will caution you: the top of the bottle is some sort of aluminium or metal i think-- i dropped it in the shower one day and part of it bent so i cannot close the cap. oh well; an excuse to buy another bottle to travel with!!