October 22, 2014 | 1335 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by thisfreakisalive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product i have have used other exfoliators in the past and they always dried my skin out.When you use it you only need a tiny amount i would say maximum size i a chickpea amount, little goes along way my face was so soft after and i noticed that after 2 weeks my skin evened out an it was clearing up my skin, plus its natural product which is a bonus, the only down side is the price but i haven't found another product that has helped keep skin clear, thats not pumped full of chemicals

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by SeaGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love this cleanser! I was using a L'oreal cleanser with microbeads to exfoliate. I have dry skin on my forehead and after a while the cleanser broke me out a lot. I need the exfoliation without the dryness and this was recommended. Yes, it does have an oily film feeling when you start to rub it in, but it's moisturizing and not pore clogging. I have not broken out since using this and really love that I do not have to load on rich moisturizer after cleansing my face! The price is a little spendy for the size of the container, so this would be the only thing keeping me from purchasing this as often in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I wanted a scrub that is not too harsh on my skin.
First of all the smell is OK, I would prefer a little less cloves. It smells too much like food for me. The application is more complicated that most scrubs. You have to dilute it with a bit of water, I donít mind that. Iím not a big fan of the glass jar though. I know itís supposed to be eco-friendly but where I live glass is not recycled so it ends up in the land fill and Iím also scared to drop it in my bathroom. I would prefer a tube. Anyway, this scrub has a lot of oils in it and the scrubbing bits are quite big but not too harsh for me. My skin is dry but acne-prone, so I was a bit concerned. It doesnít break me out and the oils are very moisturizing, leaving my skin smooth but not greasy. I think the product is fine in winter and dry climates. I will not be using this in the summer though, I think itís too rich for that.
Also be careful not to get any water into the jar, the scrub will soak it all up and it will end up pretty yucky.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by lduffalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided that I needed to incorporate a new scrub into my facial cleansing routine. I have pretty senstive skin and I am always hesistant to try new products. My friend got me a gift bag of a few different Burt's Bees item, including the citrus scrub. I fished it out of my closet and I am so happy I did. This is one of the best skin care products!! I used it after washing my face... it says to add a few drops of water to the scrub in your hands, but I use this in the shower and my hands are already wet so I found I didn't need additional water. It was not harsh and left my skin feeling clean and silky. I followed it up with witch hazel toner and a light moisturizing cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by XanthBlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mmmm this stuff smells sooo good i could almost eat it! It cleans my skin super well however doesnt remove make up well so i just use it daily in the morning when im not wearing any make-up. It doesnt dry skin just leaves it feelin comforted and smooth. Cost me £11 but i think its gonna last a while, very satisfied with this product will definitly be checkin out more burts bee's products :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by poggins

Bought this on the basis of the good reviews - got it online for US$5 which is a bargain as far as I'm concerned. Loved the smell and the way it left my skin after I used it! But unfortunately, I took the labelling at its word and used it 3 days in a row (it says it's for daily use)...after this my skin started to get super blotchy with dry patches from over-exfoliation. Took a while to heal, and now, I'm a bit scared of going back to it! My skin isn't usually sensitive so it was a surprise. Maybe I rubbed it in too hard? If I do go back to it, I'll be using it once a week, max!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by clarkesac1985

Like so many product junkies, I thought I would give this product a try after seeing it on Kandee Johnson's blog. I had to specially order the product a health food store here in Canada as I cannot find it at any retailer in the GTA. I also could not order it online from the Canadian website for Burt's Bees.

The smell is very subtle. It might take a few tries to get used to it, but overall it is not citrusy like an orange but sweet like a clove/pumpkin mixture.

The texture is firm in the jar but works up into a lovely emollient when you add a few, FEW drops of water. I take my time and apply to the areas I need the most exfoliation (T-zone) and have found that it does not create any new pimples but works well to hydrate my skin.

The natural oils in the prodcust are what some might refer to as greasy, or oily but you have to give a good, smooth rinse. It will not leave your skin feeling squeaky clean, but it does leave a nice, soft and light moisture. The scrub is non abrasive and the oils help remove the sebum and skin cells away.

Overall, I am a very large fan of the product. One jar should last a long while if you use the product conservatively. It is very disappointing that it is so hard to obtain here in Canada, but it was well worth the search and the $15.99 (plus HST) it ended up costing in the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by AmyRuth23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I watched Kandee Johnson's video, and she said it was what she used all the time. I've been using it for about a month now, and I really do like it. You don't need a lot of product, and there is so much product inside the jar. It makes my face feel so soft and I love that it really feels like I'm washing away any dirt. The only thing I dislike is the smell! I can't stand it! I think I'm getting use to it, but it is definitely a gross citrus smell. I think the jar it comes in is cute, and can be reused for a homemade facial scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by chezkamag

I dont know why so many other reviewers were complaining that this was hard to apply to their face, i.e. too crumbly and dry... Read the directions people! You're supposed to add a few drops of water and mix it in your hands first.

I like this scrub, but I'm not 100% in love with it. It exfoliates well while also being gentle on the skin, but I feel like the jar can be a little unsanitary unless you're careful about using only clean hands to scoop the product, and replacing the lid quickly. Because of the style of packaging, I would not recommend using this scrub in the shower. The box even says to not add water to the jar.

I use a regular cleanser then follow with the scrub. It makes my skin feel very soft and moisturized because of the natural oils in there, so be aware of this if you are acne prone. It personally does not break me out, but I do use my acne meds after this.

The scrub doesnt really smell like citrus.. More like pumpkin pie spice. I love pumpkin pie, but I was expecting it to smell like oranges. Overall, I would buy this again, but at 8 dollars a jar I will only use it every couple to few days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried a few products that were recommended by Kandee Johnson and this is the best of those I tried.

This very thick scrub smells and even has a similar consistency to gingerbread cookie dough. The scrub is very rich, you can really smell and feel the natural oils. It is not drying or astringent at all, so if you are looking for a "squeaky clean" feel this will not give you that. Even after rinsing well in the shower it leaves a very thin film on the skin. I like it because I have dry skin, and put my night time moisturizers on right over the top. I wake up with super smooth, soft skin.

I use it almost daily so it is not harsh at all and I have definitely noticed a difference in my skin. I will definitely re-purchase, although a little goes a long way. I wish it came in a tube because I like to use it in the shower and since its an oily product I would much rather not deal with wet glass and screw top lid.