July 31, 2014 | 1713 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil - Milk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

After all the Hype and Urban Legend status of this product did it live up? Yes! I picked this up at my first Ulta Store shopping trip and love it for an eye primer, or all over brightener. Target carries it as well.
The matte white jumbo pencil is very creamy and easy to blend with no tugging and what I like the most is that the finish is just a bit tacky for a few minutes, which really holds on to powder eyeshadow. I've used it as an eyewash (a bit light but it works) and on the inner corners of my eye. (Not as successful) Also under the brow bone. It does not accentuate any crinkles on my skin either.
Now the down side: the staying power isn't the best and it can crease if applied to thick, or not blended out. I also wish NYX threw in some other matte hue's like Milk
But used as an eye primer alone especially for lighter shades of shadow it's a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Milk is by far my favorite eyeshadow base; it's creamy, goes on my (dry) lids very well, and really enhances any shadow! For the price I think it's a steal considering how much product there is. Packaging is pretty awful, the cap is cracked all the way around but if you keep it in a sanitary makeup bag I think you should be fine. For those of you that can't find a good sharpener for this finicky pencil, I've gone through four sharpeners and the Sonia Kashuk sharpener (make sure it has a small and large hole!) for $4 at Target works THE best. To sharpen, I loosely wrap it in a paper towel and stick it in the freezer (I know, weird but trust me) for 15 minutes, take it out and viola! sharpen that bad boy and you're good to go!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

This has so many uses. I have used it for eyeliner and as an undereye lightener also as a base and highlighter. The only thing i dont like about it is the packaging. The cap kept falling off and wound up cracking at the bottom of my purse. Also i cant find a sharpener to sharpen it. But it works great so i will be buying another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by crayna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

AMAZING!! I own a few jumbo eye pencils from NYX, but the milk shade is my favorite by far. It goes over very easy and makes the perfect base for eyeshadow. It really makes the eyeshadow pop, and helps with staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved the way this worked. I was in heaven for a week when I used this as a base. NO creasing beautiful OOOMPH on my shadows colors. But there was a snake in the paradise. I started noticing the milia bumps on my eyelids and under my brow bone and this was only product I recently started using. I am so heartbroken, but I have to give this up. It is simply too heavy for me. Back to MAC paint then.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by ashleighcashman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first used this product about three years ago, I was literally so happy. It made my eyeshadows just pop, and it was perfect.

But recently, I don't know what happened. I went to use it while doing one of my more vibrant looks, using MAC's Atlantic Blue eyeshadow, and after, literally, like ten minutes, it started creasing really bad. I mean, people didn't notice it, but I personally noticed it, and I wasn't happy. This has happened more than once, and it just really upsets me, because it was the only white base that worked for me. It might just be because I have oily eyelids, I don't know. But even with a primer, it didn't work.

For the record, it might just have been me, since everyone else seems to be RAVING about it, but the product felt nice and creamy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this with high expectations. I'm not big on eyeshadow, but I love brown eyeshadow and without this product all the brown shadows look gray and chalky on me. This made browns look so gorgeous and skin tone. When I do wear bright eyeshadow, this is an amazing product. Absolutely love. Deporting this is a process but it wouldn't hurt.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by hanali20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a must have for anyone who owns makeup. apply it underneath your eye shadow for a vibrant look. it is very creamy and blend-able. a home run. nyx is an amazing brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by kadytheredpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I wear this as a base after applying my eye primer. I only got this a month ago and I loved it from the get go. I use it all the time, but it's especially helpful with matte eyeshadow because it's matte as well, unlike most white eyeshadow pencils I've found on the market. Score! I don't apply a lot, maybe two swipes on each eye before blending in. My eyeshadow pops even more than it already does with eye primer on.

I know some people have problems with creasing after using this product. However I think it's because they use too much. You do not need to have your eyelid opaque white for this to work. As I've already said, running the pencil back and forth two or three times is enough as a base.

The other thing that makes this my HG eyeshadow base is that the value is incredible. I've been using the same pencil for a month and the point barely looks used. I have not had to sharpen this thing yet, but I know how to do so after looking after a few videos on YouTube. Just a few minutes in the freezer and you should be able to sharpen it smoothly, whenever you get to that point.

This isn't a favorite makeup product among lots of people for no reason. If you can grab it, do it! You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Tamarmakeup

Love this product!!! It's perfect for base or highlighting your eyes or even for your face! Great price. I got it at Ulta for something like 4.5-5.0 $ and I use it a lot !! The packaging is good and I like it but I think i need to buy a new one soon but i can get it anywhere because I got it on a vacation .. But I love it !!