Clinique Aromatics Elixir

3.0

on 2/18/2012 6:47:00 PM

I really enjoy this fragrance once it warms up on my skin. BUT I must caution as others have, a DAB WILL DO YA! Literally I barely press the sprayer down on my wrist and I am good for the day. It lingers, I feel sexy and sophisticated. But I can see how it can go terribly wrong on some people, especially if you over do it, you could kill a small town with more then a spray! Go easy !!!

on 1/19/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

If I were stranded anywhere and could only have one fragrance, THIS IS THE ONE!! AE is the serious holy grail of all of the fragrances that I have (and I have a shocking lot). It is not for the meek, timid, shy gal. It is a full-on, sex in a bottle deal. You either love it or hate it...no in betweens. Strong chypre that can compete with any fragrance of any price (french included). Goes on strong, but dries down to a soft, sensual, even spiritual experience. Patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver make for a dangerous concoction that will have men following you around in a stupor. AE is an absolutely brilliant, complex fragrance. Very unlike mainstream floral, candy-sweet fragrances on the market nowadays, it is a stand-alone, distinct goddess all its own. Love the body smoother as well because of the concentrated fragrance and feels very smooth and silky once applied. The price of AE is also fabulous. If Clinique ever discontinues this...OMG...perish the thought!!

on 1/3/2012 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A very beautiful, deep and timeless fragrance, one of the very few that is rated five stars on perfume blogs and included in the list of 100 fragrances that influenced the perfume world, a gorgeus creation and definitely a classic. It is not a light fragrance for sure and one has to be careful when applying it, however, I do not see that as a disadvantage since it a small bottle lasts a very long time this way and the price is very reasonable. It is a must have in every perfume lover's wardrobe. I actually prefer the LE in the gorgeus bottle that came out for the 2011 holiday season and will post a longer review separately under that name. Today fragrances are almost never created with that beautiful deep and warm resinous base that warms your heart and lift your senses in cold weather, hopefully this will never be discontinued and the fact that it has stood strong for 40 years says a lot about quality.

on 12/30/2011 7:57:00 AM

This is one super strong fragrance, in particular the ingredients. After trying a light spray on pulse points of arms for two days, I was shocked when I broke out in a horrible rash (that is taking ages to clear up). I love strong woody/floral orientals and I've tried many with no problems, but have never experienced an allergic reaction to any fragrance as this one. I quite liked the scent of the fragrance but unfortunately it didn't like me.

on 11/14/2011 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is an absolutely fascinating scent. It has taken me more concerted sniffing and repeated tries to "get" it than any other mall-available perfume I have tried, and I love that. Its complexity rivals some of the tiny niche company scents I've been sampling and it's astounding to me that it costs what it does and that anyone can just go to Macy's and pick up a bottle. I won't say that I'm shocked more people don't do just that, because I'm aware that not everyone likes their perfume to puzzle and challenge them, but if you like odd and complex scents you shouldn't miss this one.

on 10/4/2011 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this perfume. It isn't for the faint of heart. It's too strong for summer and spring, so I only wear this in the fall and winter. Every year I look forward to being able to use this again.

This is my signature Autumn/winter scent and I have worn it for nearly 40 years! I absolutely always get compliments and people asking what it is. I disagree it is similar to Chanel number 5 (which I loathe). I don't think you can compare it to anything. It is a league of its own. Couldn't wear it in the summer though - it would be just wrong.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this online - took a chance after hearing such lovely reviews.
How wrong was I! I often purchase fragrances without previously smelling them, and most are ok. But this one on me is awful! It reminds me of antiques, powder, people born in 1910, and those old fragrance envelopes that my nan keeps in the sock drawer.
I must admit, it's staying scent is great. Lasts for ages. And it does suit some people. Just not me, my friends, or family.
I remember a customer at work smelled so lovely, and when I asked her, she told me it was Aromatics Elixir. She was the only person I've met that made it smell good!

on 9/8/2011 6:11:00 AM

simply said- THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!
the ultimate fougere/aromatic/aldechyde/green/herbal potion there is....
I can't find the words to describe this miracle and I'm kinda glad it has a week grades on almost every reviewers site, because you've gotta love this one...o hate it to the very last molecule...!
entchanted forrest,damp and calming herbs, plushy vetyver, bitter but oh,so deep and wise...this perfume has a soul on his own and isn't compearable with any other..
and the drydown.......!!!you can smell it for days on your clothing, on your skin,it kinda makes you want to dive into the world with japanese calmness and bond with the nature while the resto of the world runs for unimportant things...
pure zen, pure sillage killer and pure HG for me!!!
and on the right person,it feel so grounded,so mature, so at peace with yourself...this should be a psychotherapy stuff for sure!
and a very important thing- AE YOU DON'T PUT LIKE A REGULAR PERFUME ON PULSE POINTS!You spritz it all over your body like a mist, as the body temperature savours the scent and makes it one with your skin....

(ella 343 - respect, you've found the words I was lacking!!:D)

on 9/6/2011 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Egad. I tried this in Sephora and was, for the first time, just plain appalled. Who on earth wants to smell like this? I couldn't detect any particular top notes, just dirty vase water, cold cigarette butts and the smell of tomatoes once they've started to mold and turn slimy. I really, truly don't get this one.

Popular Fragrances