September 1, 2014 | 2065 users online

Fragrances - Clinique - Aromatics Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by OVincze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A very beautiful, deep and timeless fragrance, one of the very few that is rated five stars on perfume blogs and included in the list of 100 fragrances that influenced the perfume world, a gorgeus creation and definitely a classic. It is not a light fragrance for sure and one has to be careful when applying it, however, I do not see that as a disadvantage since it a small bottle lasts a very long time this way and the price is very reasonable. It is a must have in every perfume lover's wardrobe. I actually prefer the LE in the gorgeus bottle that came out for the 2011 holiday season and will post a longer review separately under that name. Today fragrances are almost never created with that beautiful deep and warm resinous base that warms your heart and lift your senses in cold weather, hopefully this will never be discontinued and the fact that it has stood strong for 40 years says a lot about quality.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Tayabelle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one super strong fragrance, in particular the ingredients. After trying a light spray on pulse points of arms for two days, I was shocked when I broke out in a horrible rash (that is taking ages to clear up). I love strong woody/floral orientals and I've tried many with no problems, but have never experienced an allergic reaction to any fragrance as this one. I quite liked the scent of the fragrance but unfortunately it didn't like me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

This is an absolutely fascinating scent. It has taken me more concerted sniffing and repeated tries to "get" it than any other mall-available perfume I have tried, and I love that. Its complexity rivals some of the tiny niche company scents I've been sampling and it's astounding to me that it costs what it does and that anyone can just go to Macy's and pick up a bottle. I won't say that I'm shocked more people don't do just that, because I'm aware that not everyone likes their perfume to puzzle and challenge them, but if you like odd and complex scents you shouldn't miss this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I love this perfume. It isn't for the faint of heart. It's too strong for summer and spring, so I only wear this in the fall and winter. Every year I look forward to being able to use this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by motheroftwoboys

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my signature Autumn/winter scent and I have worn it for nearly 40 years! I absolutely always get compliments and people asking what it is. I disagree it is similar to Chanel number 5 (which I loathe). I don't think you can compare it to anything. It is a league of its own. Couldn't wear it in the summer though - it would be just wrong.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by fontainemullins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this online - took a chance after hearing such lovely reviews.
How wrong was I! I often purchase fragrances without previously smelling them, and most are ok. But this one on me is awful! It reminds me of antiques, powder, people born in 1910, and those old fragrance envelopes that my nan keeps in the sock drawer.
I must admit, it's staying scent is great. Lasts for ages. And it does suit some people. Just not me, my friends, or family.
I remember a customer at work smelled so lovely, and when I asked her, she told me it was Aromatics Elixir. She was the only person I've met that made it smell good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 6:11:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

simply said- THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!
the ultimate fougere/aromatic/aldechyde/green/herbal potion there is....
I can't find the words to describe this miracle and I'm kinda glad it has a week grades on almost every reviewers site, because you've gotta love this one...o hate it to the very last molecule...!
entchanted forrest,damp and calming herbs, plushy vetyver, bitter but oh,so deep and wise...this perfume has a soul on his own and isn't compearable with any other..
and the drydown.......!!!you can smell it for days on your clothing, on your skin,it kinda makes you want to dive into the world with japanese calmness and bond with the nature while the resto of the world runs for unimportant things...
pure zen, pure sillage killer and pure HG for me!!!
and on the right person,it feel so grounded,so mature, so at peace with yourself...this should be a psychotherapy stuff for sure!
and a very important thing- AE YOU DON'T PUT LIKE A REGULAR PERFUME ON PULSE POINTS!You spritz it all over your body like a mist, as the body temperature savours the scent and makes it one with your skin....

(ella 343 - respect, you've found the words I was lacking!!:D)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Egad. I tried this in Sephora and was, for the first time, just plain appalled. Who on earth wants to smell like this? I couldn't detect any particular top notes, just dirty vase water, cold cigarette butts and the smell of tomatoes once they've started to mold and turn slimy. I really, truly don't get this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by TillyWave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore Aromatics Elixir and I always will. I can appreciate why people don't like it, but I love this scent. I do not have a signature scent but if I had to go to a world where only 5 scents could live on my shelf, this would be one of them. This is a scent that I never get tired of, and one that always shows me something new. AE has a richness and depth that most perfumes lack. I've never smelled anything like Aromatics, and most other modern scents seem to pale in comparison.

Then again, the more perfume I smell, the more my nose seems to like scents formulated well before even the 1990's...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've lost count of how many times I've picked this up and put it down . I love chypres, woods, greens, 'difficult' scents, but whenever I tested it previously it was just TOO '1982 6th-grade hippie art teacher' (no offence, mine was fantastic). Just totally not me. Still, it's an important reference scent so I picked up the 25ml. at a yard sale for $5. Lo and behold if I don't love it. A TINY bit on one arm, spread around, and after at least half an hour.
It's beautifully dense and tightly-packed, like fur or pine needles, and it is most definitely a fall and winter scent. Sometimes it turns into a classy rose-soap. Mysterious, and it keeps unfolding and changing.
If you don't have an unpleasant scent-memory with this one, give it another shot. It's good to have your mind changed.