April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by meredithdepuydt

This product is great! It gives a very natural tanned look, the way your skin would look if you had been tanning in the real sun and does NOT smell offensive. I had been searching for quite some time for a self-tanner that did not reek of that "self-tanner smell" (you know the smell I'm talking about!). This product is actually rather pleasant smelling, IMO. Another plus of this self-tanner is that you can really control how dark you want to go. If you want a very subtle tan, just apply it once or twice a week, if you would like to go darker, apply it more frequently. There also was zero streaking. I really think this product is impossible to mess up! I would HIGHLY recommend this self-tanner to EVERYONE! It's reassuring to be able to find such a high quality self-tanner, at such a low cost, and also, such a healthy alternative to baking your precious skin in the sun or a tanning bed!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Tbelle83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this product after reading review on MA. I naturally have a medium complexion so I wasn't concerned about this tanner being too dark. In fact I think I may need two applications to achieve the color I want. It's a believable tan too, I don't notice any orange tint. Odor is not terrible like Jergens. Dried a little sticky to the touch but did not seem to rub off on my clothes. I exfoliated and moisturized prior to application, rubbing in in a circular motion and didn't get streaks. Consistency is not runny and the tube works for the product, nothing fancy but it works. I bought it at walmart for around 6 dollars. Overall I will def. be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by joannaptown

So I hardly ever write reviews but I feel I had to on this self tanner. I have to say that if you are wanting to look like you just got back from the beach, this is the stuff. After one application I was quite dark even on my somewhat pale skin. I even had to wear a darker foundation after one application. Surprisingly the smell isn't that bad. There are alot of other self tanners out there that smell way worse. The downside of this lotion, for me, is the application for my feet and hands. Because it is so dark, without careful application, your feet and hands will look super odd. The first time I used it I looked like I had tan sleeves. lol Also wash your hands half way through application. This prevented orange fingers. Overall the color is great and streak free. I will continue to use this product very carefully though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by marildu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Waaay too dark for my skin tone. It looked very orange and did streak some. Hopefully I'll have more luck with the Light/Medium shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by laurapeper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Check out the Jimmy CoCo review on Beauty Undercover for sunless tans!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Syrie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used every self tanner to come across the market in the last 20 years that they've been around. I mean every one, Clarins, EL, Clinique, L'Oreal, Hawaiian Tropic, Jergens, etc. Previously, L'oreal sublime had been my favorite. Until I tried this Banana Boat.

The color is AWESOME. It's not orange, and it's not sparkly. It doesn't sting my skin or appear to have a bunch of silicone in it, which totally irritates my skin and clogs my pores. The color is like a real tan--brown, not orange, not orangey-brown. But, and I must emphasize this greatly--this "deep dark "is indeed like a medium to dark tan on medium skin. It's not for the PPP. For that, I would consult L'Oreal Sublime for Fair tones.

The consistency of the cream is somewhat...thick and tacky, I guess. I would prefer that it were somewhat thinner and more moisturizing, but this is a true ST not a moisturizer. If you have super, super dry skin you might want to moisturize first. I use it on my face, but be forewarned there too--it's tinted, so that color will sit (like any tinted ST) in every pore on your face. I would ignore that, exfoliate the face a little bit, and moisturize. It doesn't cause zits, it's just the bronzer part of it settling into pores.

Awesome, and so cheap. I get it at the dreaded "Evil Empire" (Walmart) for about $8, i think. Took a packaging lippie off for the cap, which clogs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by briii

this is the only self tanner i will use. its a great product. it doesnt leave my skin orange and streaky (well if i apply it correctly) like all the other ones ive used do. i can only find it at walmart, nowhere else. hmm. but it doesnt bother me cuz this is on my must have list :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is hardcore! Perfect dark color after first application. It dries fast, feels just like a lotion, and seems to be fairly streak-free. I love how this is far cheaper than my L'oreal Sublime bronze.

Use sparingly around elbows and fingers to avoid an orangey-tinge. Other than that, this is my new tanning HG! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by fitmom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

perfect..brown.shows up with first application--even AFTER color guard washes off..and cheap too!!!!!!!!

A++++++++++++++ been using this stuff for years!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by eyejewell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I LOVED THIS PRODUCT! IT IS VERY CHEAP AND I HAVE TRIED SUNLESS TANNING, OTHER BRAND SELFTANNERS ADN THIS IS THE BEST FOR MY SKINTONE DOES NOT LEAVE ME STREAKY OR ORANGEY. I TOOK PICS OF MYSELF TO SEE IF I MAYBE LOOKED ORANGE IN THE PICS, AND IT DIDNT. First time in yrs that i find a self tanner that isnt EXPENSIVE and actually work with my skin. its made outta henna and is oil free which makes it not streak. The PACKAGING IS ALRIGHT BUT WHO REALLY CARES as long as if its on your skin with no streak and no orange tone. I actually got it because i had seen good review about it here. Im defenitely not going to change it. Oh ya and when i take a shower it does come off a bit but i just re apply it and then it looks even all over again. I LOVE IT AND FOR THE PRICE. :)