September 21, 2014 | 1024 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by brianna1quirt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this today and I love it already, it gives a glow to your face that I found many foundations can't accomplish. The best thing is it doesn't cover my freckles! It feels extremely light on your face and once it dries and has been set with a powder, your face doesn't feel oily. Overall I really enjoy this product and I will mot likely keep purchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by nicadele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Did they change the formula when they changed the bottle's packaging? What used to be medium to buildable full coverage spray is now light maybe slightly buildable light-medium coverage. Thought maybe I got a bad spray bottle and exchange it, but the replacement bottle had the same exact same transparent coverage, like they watered it down more now. If I hadn't bought them directly from Sephora I would have thought I must have bought knock-offs. Seriously, something has changed and not for the better, unless you want to spend $60-some dollars on a matte, lightly tinted non-moisturizer can of spraypaint. The pigmentation is almost non-existent. What a bait and switch. Lower quality product, same price.

Looking to hoard it in old packaging now, wherever I can find the two colors that I have to mix to get as close to my color as possible: 301 + 200 = $124. The new color 201 didn't work for me. This used to be my HG of all HGs but they've cheapened the quality of the product. I am beyond HEARTBROKEN.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Pekepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how natural this finish is. I just wish this came in a wider range of shades. The lightest shade makes me appear orange. It doesn't last very long, but it is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy. Eff. This is THE best foundation I've ever used. I sometimes wonder about companies that make and market foundations. They sound wonderful and I try them and I'm left thinking...what's the fuss about? Like Nars sheer glow is a great example. It's just nothing special. The finish is bland and it wears poorly throughout the day. It also cost me $5 less than the Dior Airflash. The reason why this is worth every penny spent ($60 CAD) is because of the finish, it's beautiful, satin, truly airbrushed poreless finish. It's blend able, build able, and absolutely gorgeous. Its glowy and healthy. It stays put! I hardly need concealer! In fact, I don't unless I get a monster zit, which is rare. This has every quality you'd look for for in a luxury foundation. The idea of spray foundation turns some people off, but you can apply it to a brush, or your hand and its great. Just go easy, and it won't be wasteful. I think the packaging I think needs to be the way it is. It also has a nice classy scent. It's very light, and doesn't linger. It's a gem. My only recommendation is to get color matched correctly! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by KathMaple

I have large pores and combination skin and this worked brilliantly for me. Shame it's so expensive (about £30). I use it for special occasions. It feels ever so light. You have to apply it with a brush really - either spray on the brush or your hand and dab it on using a good foundation brush. You would waste too much by spraying it directly on your face and of course it would end up in your hair. Lovely product though. Nothing's beaten it for me so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't fall for this one immediately, but as I'm using it more this summer with Sephora's Beauty Blender (an item that's due for a good review), I've have grown to love it more and more after every use.

Regularly priced $62 @ sephora, but purchased it with one of their rare 20% OFF coupons.

Likes:
- Lightweight: regardless of how many layers I put on, it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!
- Summer Foundation: this is what got me to love it even more. I've worn this foundation for weddings during the hot summer days in Sonoma/Napa wine country. While I melt away under the heat, the foundation doesn't! I always pair my foundation with a primer for extra stay-put power.
- Coverage: at first, I didn't like how light the coverage was when I applied it the first few times on separate occasions. I now layer this product for more coverage and it actually doesn't feel any heavier, nor does it look thick. One layer, light coverage, two layers, medium coverage, three layers, full coverage. The product sinks into your skin, giving a nice, natural, velvety finish.
- Color match: I ordered this online, based off of the color swatches on Sephora and surprisingly did not need to go into the store to exchange. The color #200 works for me (asian skin, medium-fair color with yellow undertones).
- Photos: looks natural in photos. Sometimes when I use MAC foundation, I look white/washed out in photos.

Dislikes:
- Price: A little on the expensive side. I don't use this everyday, so it has lasted me for more than a year. Yes, far too long to keep foundations, but I don't like wasting products! Doesn't seem like the product has gone bad either, after such a long time.
- Spray Nozzle: I try to spray this very close to my beauty blender so I don't mist everything else around me. No luck, still a bit messy. You'll always find some foundation on you, the floor, or sink somewhere. Other people have suggested cupping your tool in your hand (whether its a brush or the blender) so your hand catches the excess.

As for repurchasing, as much as I actually love this foundation...the price is a bit painful. Dreading the day I run out and have to make the decision to fork out the money or try something new & less expensive. If anyone has suggestions to a similar product at a lower pricepoint, please share!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this at sephora with a stippling brush and it was amazing. My skin never looked so flawless and glowing like I just came off a red carpet. But after an hour the glow went away and it just became some natural looking foundation which still covered up my scars. I love that it doesn't dry my skin out but I want that flawless look to last more than just an hour.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by SMS13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed with this product. Looked great when testing on back of hand, appeared dewy and radiant. Once on face appeared very translucent so more application than normal needed. Felt cakey and dry. Very expensive at £32. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by dtintina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to like this foundation, especially since it was quite pricey. But I don't like it at all!! As soon as you apply it you get that heavy makeup feeling on your face... I couldn't wait to wash it off and let my skin breathe again. Not surprisingly it made me break out like CRAZY. Not to mention that it collects in your pores and accentuates them... And if you have oily skin forget it!! It melts off your face even with a primer and setting powder. I expected more from Dior with such an expensive foundation. Will NOT be repurchasing !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by nicolekm

I really like this foundation. I have it in the 100 Ivory shade (MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW10, Chanel Perfection Lumiere 10 Beige), and it is a really great match. I usually set it with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light or La Mer's Translucent Loose Powder... both work well. I don't use a brush to apply this... just spray it on. No issues with application... it's quick and easy. The one negative that stands out the most for me is the price. At $62, I'm saving this for special occasions. I wish the price was lower just so I could justify using it more often. I did wear it to work once, and despite a very long work day combined with the horrible heat and humidity outside (during lunch), it held up perfectly. No greasy mess, no separation, and it didn't melt in the heat. I will definitely be buying it again once I run out... I don't think I could be without it for special occasions.