April 24, 2014 | 1371 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Jiffy Tan [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by monetsgarden

I tried Jiffy Tan on my legs and was disappointed to find that it didn't actually make me look tan -- all it did was add a weird, orange/rosey tone to my skin, as well as a ton of glitter. Definitely won't buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 2:05:00 PM More reviews by emluken

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am so-so on Benefit products. To me, they are either really awesome (like Dallas) or really terrible. This falls into the Awesome category!

I never have the time to apply a self tanner to my legs every other day, so when I want to wear a skirt or dress my legs are usually icky white. This solves the problem in just a few minutes. I usually apply a moisturizer first, then rub this in all over. I haven't had any problems with streaking or uneven-ness, it just takes a few minutes to really rub it in. As a pale Wisconsin-ite, this gives my legs a natural-looking glow, not too orange, not too much shimmer (only can see it in the sun.)

The smell is nice, not overpowering. The squeeze tube is handy, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Adeena62

I don't have dark skin, and this still works for me. I'm a PPP and applied this lightly to avoid the fake tan look. I think it looked pretty natural, not orange at all. I didn't have a problem with streaking the way others complain about, and I love the fresh smell of this lotion. The sparkles were very fine, and gave a nice 'glow' to the product. I like the ease of a bronzer that you can wash off, instead of being stuck with a certain look for a few days like a sunless tanner. This product was budge-proof and never fadded throughout the day. I like it a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2005 9:10:00 PM More reviews by olygirl04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not a Benefit fan...too many products that don't combine well together, but their price point is better than most that I use, like Chanel or Becca. I do really like the Jiffy tan! I have that glowy, mediterranean skin color, but when my skin is dry it looks dull and a little shimmer helps a lot. This is a bronzer- NOT a self-tanner so it will rinse off. I've used Duwop Revolution (in Dark) and it stinks and feels sticky. Jiffy tan is more moisturizing and has subtle shimmer. For highlighting my body, especially my legs and keeping it soft I highly recommend it. I wouldn't use this to look tan, it's more of a highlighter - "look, I'm not so pale and dry." I was using Nars body glow- love the smell, hate the mess and this is so much better. I recommend trying it on your arm and walking around the store to see how it works for your skin type, but for what I was looking for this fit the bill, and only $24 compared to Nars $58......and more product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a rule, I strongly dislike most Benefit products, and, unfortunately, this is no exception. The color is the least natural bronzer ever, unless you have deep glowing Mediterranean skin, in which case, why the hell would you need this?? Lots and lots of sparkles which get all over your clothes and look ridiculously fake in real sunlight. Not nearly sheer enough for something that dries this fast. If you arenít precise with the initial application, you might as well wash it off and start over. A good quality bronzer should be sheer enough to layer for light or heavy coverage. Too streaky and blotchy. Iíd much rather a self-tanner than this mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2005 12:27:00 PM More reviews by emkoresko

Ok, first of all, I don't know why people are complaining that this stuff washes right off in the shower. It is supposed to! It is not a self-tanner, it is a body bronzer. That is also why it is brown, and not white. A white body bronzer will not turn you bronze. With that said, I actually like this product a lot. I think it smells really nice. It is a fresh clean, almost floral-like scent, and I am usually not big on florals at all.
    It leaves a subtle bronze color and it easy to deepen with just adding another layer. At first I thought it was a little fake looking, but as I covered my whole body, I got this natural looking glow.I did not have a problem with streaking, though I did work fast rubbing it in. This did turn my palms bright orange just like self-tanners do, but it washed right off with soap and water. I was worried about the sparkles I had read about, but was pleasently surprised when I used this product. They are so incredible fine that I only noticed them outside IN THE SUN when I was looking directly at my body. They were not noticable looking in the mirror.
    I did not have the problem others had with the product or sparkles rubbing of on clothing. At the end of the day when I took my clothes off, I found a hint of color on the inside of my bra and the inside collar of my shirt. That was it. No sparkles left behind. Of course this came right out in the wash. I would reccommend this to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2005 More reviews by taralynn0930

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jiffy Tan is my newest obsession! I have pretty fair skin and can not keep a tan to save my life! I tried it for the first time a few nights ago and have been wearing it every day since! I have only been wearing it on my pale feet so far, since it does take some time to apply correctly. I would recommend using rubber gloves to apply since the cream is very thick and can stain your palms (but of course, it washes off with some soap). At first I got nervous when I started to rub it in because it was bright orange!! But as it dried (in about a minute) it turned a lovely bronze shade. It was not overdone...just perfect!! The shimmer IS a little much, but that goes away after a little while. The smell is pleasant and not nearly as nasty smelling as other self tanners I have used! A little goes a long way with this tanner....a couple very small dabs was all I needed to make my feet and ankles tanned! It is really concentrated! I think this tube will last me a while...but I will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by 2_pink

I got this as a sample and loved it when i put it on. It blended nicely and gave me a natural glow. It was a bit too shimmery but most of it goes away after a while. The one thing i dont like is that it comes off with water too easily, later on i noticed some "water marks" on the underside of my arm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product just DID nto work for me. First of all - it dries super-quickly so you MUST work fast. I wasn't fast enough and got streaks. You MUST wear gloves or else you'll get bright orange palms (even exfoliating scrub didn't get it all off.) and worst of all it has a shimmer which is not at all subtle.

JUST BAD!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2005 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sisteroflilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product! I can see how some might be put off by the shimmer formula, but if you are a shimmer hound like myself, you will love it! I also liked the scent. My only problem is that it can streak so make sure you are fully exfoliated and clean shaven and also remember that a little goes a long way!