March 1, 2015 | 2115 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

Aww man, I really, really wanted to love this, because I love Lush products, but this just didn't do it for me. It didn't moisturize my lips at all. I applied it both on my normal lips and after using a lip scrub (Lush Mint Julip, which is awesome). I felt like I was really having to scrape the product to get it out of the tub, and when I put it on, it didn't hydrate at all. I get better results with Maybelline Babylips or even an EOS balm. Very disappointed after all the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by NMitchel

This is my first ever Lush purchase, and it definitely won't be my last. While the balm is a little pricey I am willing to pay as most lip balms make me break out and NEVER give me entirely smooth lips (especially in a Canadian winter). This stuff is magical. It smells like honey and baby powder and has such an amazing taste and after just a few minutes I feel my lips smoothing out and the dead skin (if they are chapped) rubbing off.

I've seen people complain the tin is hard to open/close but I personally have never had any problems with it. My only complaint is that I wish it weren't in a tub - I tried using a lip brush with this and it's just not the same as using your finger. I did not like this balm while using a brush, and one day I forgot my brush, used my finger and loved it! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by saharajordana

After reading all the comments here, I decided to give a try to Honey Trap... and I am so happy that I tried it! At first, the smell is a little bit surprising but I got used to it really fast and it doesn't bother me at all, I actually like it. The first time I used it, I put it on my chapped lips at night time and the next morning they were super soft and moisturized. I love this product and will definitely repurchase! If I really had to find something negative, it would be that the product may turn a little white in the lines of the lips, so that's why I use it mostly at night time. Nothing that bothers me too much though. It's a little pricey (7,50$ CAN if I remember) but this product is made almost entirely of natural ingredients so the price goes with the quality! Overall, it's a great lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

Favourite lip balm ever! Smells delicious and feels soo nice and smooth on the lips. It also lasts quite a while before it starts to wear off and it is just a nice, sweet lip balm! Lid is annoying to take off/put on though!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by punkydoodle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this as part of my first lush haul. This is definitely my favorite item in the bunch! My only complaint with Honey Trap is the container. I find that it can be really difficult to open and I don't love having to stick my finger inside. The scent of this is lovely, for some reason it makes me think of the nutcracker ballet. Very sweet, warm, & almost holiday-ish. I usually have very chapped lips but this paired with the bubblegum scrub made my lips silky smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PeachyDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A bit expensive for a lip balm, but that's Lush :)
To me is smells like a cupcake, doesn't really taste like anything, and feels smooth and hydrating on my lips.
I haven't really had any issues with getting the product out of the packaging, mine is not hard and takes just a few seconds to warm up on my finger before applying.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

Honey Trap is a white-chocolate peppermint lipbalm with a hint of honey. I'm a bit disapointed with this product as I thought it would be much more mosturizing than it actually is. Its hard to get the balm onto your finger as it is quite waxy and hard. I found that pressing the tin lightly between my two palms for a minute warmed the lipbalm up and made it much softer to use. The smell is alright, it smells a bit like baby power to me although I was expecting more of a honey white chocolate type of scent. Overall, I'm a bit disapointed by this product and will use it up, however I'm not sure I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I am really impressed with this lip balm. I actually love the smell--it smells exactly like the lush massage bar mange, too (which I own and love). The SA convinced me to get this along with the bubblegum lip scrub (which I also love). I am a lip balm collector--I always seem to lose them and I've never found one that suits my needs. I was using jack black but the mintiness was wayyy to strong it made my eyes water. Honey trap is great because it's not too glossy or wet and I like the scent. The only drawbacks for me are that I have to stick my hand in it and that it is very hard and you have to warm it up with your finger. I always make sure my hands are clean before using this. lasts for forever on my lips. I love that it has olive oil in it. It may not be fore everyone, but it's quickly becoming an HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product didnít work for me. It doesnít work as well as Chapstick Medicated for me and its more expensive. Luckily I didnít purchase this, I got it as part of a gift from a friend. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this more than any other lip balm I've tried. It's colorless, even with a heavy hand. It's not slippery or shiny and stays put on my lips. It has beeswax which gives it a thicker texture but it also has delicious oils that makes it melt into the skin like butter. I like the smell, although it changes as the tin gets older. Depending on the batch, it may smell slightly different-- my latest tin smells more chocolatey than the others but it's always yummy and in my opinion, wonderful!

I also tried the Whipstick, which is really similar in formula to Honey Trap except with a chocolate-orange flavor. My lips are very pale, and the Whipstick turns them an unflattering color so I only use Whipstick at night. If I had to try one or the other, I'd definitely recommend the Honey Trap.