LUSH Honey Trap Lip Balm

New Formula (2013): Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Honey (Mel) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , White Chocolate (Sucrose, Theobroma Cacao [Cocoa] Extract) , Dry Whole Milk , Lecithin , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Glycerine , Flavor , Organic Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum Vulgare) , Fine Oatmeal (Avena sativa) , Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , *Limonene

on 3/13/2013 10:28:00 AM

Since I was a kid I've always had rough skin on my lips which never seems to go away no matter what the time of year. I must have tried a hundred different lip balms, and they usually have the effect of fixing the worst and then making it worse again - so I get a couple of days of softness and then constant peeling. I've tried very expensive brands, and very popular ones like Elizabeth Arden 8 hours and Mac's squeezy tube one.

The Lush ones are the only ones that don't make my lips peel with sustained use. Some softening effect is really instantaneous, and it gets better when left on over night. My favourite is the chocolate one, but I recently had to buy Honey Trap because the chocolate one wasn't in stock. The smell is not so nice - it's a bit like the wax I used to grease my clarinet with to put it together, and on the lips there's a sickly cheap white chocolate smell. On the other hand, the chocolate one is tinted and comes off on white-white bed sheets. So this is the one I choose for night time softening. It works brilliantly. The tin is great for a handbag. I usually have two or three on the go at any time. I will always come back to this.

on 3/10/2013 11:45:00 AM

I absolutely LOVEE this product!! it's one of THE most moisturizing lip balm i've ever used :D it smells like honey and white chocolate.. so if you loveee honey buy that!!

on 2/27/2013 8:24:00 PM

I was using an EOS lip moisturizer before I found this little moisturizer..... 1st of all my lips have always been chapped since I can remember , I have so many lip balms its crazy but since I LOVE Lush products the lady at the Lush store recommended this to me and im so happy she did cause with this my lips feel so moisturized but not oily and i can wear it under any lipstick / lipgloss .This lipbalm sinks into ur lips unlike other brands they sits on top of ur lips, i have found my HG of lipbalms

on 2/25/2013 5:15:00 PM

My husband bought me this while he was at Lush getting my usual cleanser. It doesn't smell all that great. It smells a little like white chocolate and a little like something else that I can't really describe, but not very honey-like as the name would suggest. The first few times I used it, it was really hard and took a long time to build up a layer I was ok with. Then after a few uses it started to get gunky and now half of it is hard and half of it is crumbly and mushy. I'm not sure if it was mixed well or not as mine had a big white chunk in the middle of it.
On top of that I don't like having to put my finger in it. So before using it I always make sure my hands are clean. My lid comes off really easily as well. It doesn't fall off, but you don't need to pull much to get it off. I really don't like the packaging.
I won't be buying this again.

on 2/13/2013 8:47:00 PM

Aww man, I really, really wanted to love this, because I love Lush products, but this just didn't do it for me. It didn't moisturize my lips at all. I applied it both on my normal lips and after using a lip scrub (Lush Mint Julip, which is awesome). I felt like I was really having to scrape the product to get it out of the tub, and when I put it on, it didn't hydrate at all. I get better results with Maybelline Babylips or even an EOS balm. Very disappointed after all the hype.

on 2/12/2013 7:17:00 PM

This is my first ever Lush purchase, and it definitely won't be my last. While the balm is a little pricey I am willing to pay as most lip balms make me break out and NEVER give me entirely smooth lips (especially in a Canadian winter). This stuff is magical. It smells like honey and baby powder and has such an amazing taste and after just a few minutes I feel my lips smoothing out and the dead skin (if they are chapped) rubbing off.

I've seen people complain the tin is hard to open/close but I personally have never had any problems with it. My only complaint is that I wish it weren't in a tub - I tried using a lip brush with this and it's just not the same as using your finger. I did not like this balm while using a brush, and one day I forgot my brush, used my finger and loved it! Will definitely repurchase!

After reading all the comments here, I decided to give a try to Honey Trap... and I am so happy that I tried it! At first, the smell is a little bit surprising but I got used to it really fast and it doesn't bother me at all, I actually like it. The first time I used it, I put it on my chapped lips at night time and the next morning they were super soft and moisturized. I love this product and will definitely repurchase! If I really had to find something negative, it would be that the product may turn a little white in the lines of the lips, so that's why I use it mostly at night time. Nothing that bothers me too much though. It's a little pricey (7,50$ CAN if I remember) but this product is made almost entirely of natural ingredients so the price goes with the quality! Overall, it's a great lip treatment.

on 12/7/2012 6:49:00 PM

Favourite lip balm ever! Smells delicious and feels soo nice and smooth on the lips. It also lasts quite a while before it starts to wear off and it is just a nice, sweet lip balm! Lid is annoying to take off/put on though!

on 11/13/2012 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I just got this as part of my first lush haul. This is definitely my favorite item in the bunch! My only complaint with Honey Trap is the container. I find that it can be really difficult to open and I don't love having to stick my finger inside. The scent of this is lovely, for some reason it makes me think of the nutcracker ballet. Very sweet, warm, & almost holiday-ish. I usually have very chapped lips but this paired with the bubblegum scrub made my lips silky smooth.

on 11/5/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

A bit expensive for a lip balm, but that's Lush :)
To me is smells like a cupcake, doesn't really taste like anything, and feels smooth and hydrating on my lips.
I haven't really had any issues with getting the product out of the packaging, mine is not hard and takes just a few seconds to warm up on my finger before applying.

Popular Lip Treatments