November 27, 2014 | 1010 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by punkydoodle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this as part of my first lush haul. This is definitely my favorite item in the bunch! My only complaint with Honey Trap is the container. I find that it can be really difficult to open and I don't love having to stick my finger inside. The scent of this is lovely, for some reason it makes me think of the nutcracker ballet. Very sweet, warm, & almost holiday-ish. I usually have very chapped lips but this paired with the bubblegum scrub made my lips silky smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PeachyDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A bit expensive for a lip balm, but that's Lush :)
To me is smells like a cupcake, doesn't really taste like anything, and feels smooth and hydrating on my lips.
I haven't really had any issues with getting the product out of the packaging, mine is not hard and takes just a few seconds to warm up on my finger before applying.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

Honey Trap is a white-chocolate peppermint lipbalm with a hint of honey. I'm a bit disapointed with this product as I thought it would be much more mosturizing than it actually is. Its hard to get the balm onto your finger as it is quite waxy and hard. I found that pressing the tin lightly between my two palms for a minute warmed the lipbalm up and made it much softer to use. The smell is alright, it smells a bit like baby power to me although I was expecting more of a honey white chocolate type of scent. Overall, I'm a bit disapointed by this product and will use it up, however I'm not sure I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I am really impressed with this lip balm. I actually love the smell--it smells exactly like the lush massage bar mange, too (which I own and love). The SA convinced me to get this along with the bubblegum lip scrub (which I also love). I am a lip balm collector--I always seem to lose them and I've never found one that suits my needs. I was using jack black but the mintiness was wayyy to strong it made my eyes water. Honey trap is great because it's not too glossy or wet and I like the scent. The only drawbacks for me are that I have to stick my hand in it and that it is very hard and you have to warm it up with your finger. I always make sure my hands are clean before using this. lasts for forever on my lips. I love that it has olive oil in it. It may not be fore everyone, but it's quickly becoming an HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product didnít work for me. It doesnít work as well as Chapstick Medicated for me and its more expensive. Luckily I didnít purchase this, I got it as part of a gift from a friend. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this more than any other lip balm I've tried. It's colorless, even with a heavy hand. It's not slippery or shiny and stays put on my lips. It has beeswax which gives it a thicker texture but it also has delicious oils that makes it melt into the skin like butter. I like the smell, although it changes as the tin gets older. Depending on the batch, it may smell slightly different-- my latest tin smells more chocolatey than the others but it's always yummy and in my opinion, wonderful!

I also tried the Whipstick, which is really similar in formula to Honey Trap except with a chocolate-orange flavor. My lips are very pale, and the Whipstick turns them an unflattering color so I only use Whipstick at night. If I had to try one or the other, I'd definitely recommend the Honey Trap.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

I think this is a wonderful lip balm! It smells quite amazing - white chocolate with hints of honey and mint. Yes, its a solid balm, and so you'll have to warm it up so that its soft enough to be used. It feels really creamy on your lips and leaves them feeling incredibly soft and nourished. It doesn't look too glossy on your lips, it just gives a slight sheen which looks natural and pretty. IMO the little tin packaging is quite cute and practical. And yes, it is expensive for a lip balm.. But considering the fact that you don't need to reapply it too often.. it feels quite reasonable. And since it is packed with tons of good ingredients, it feels all the more worth the cost :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by honeytree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an amazing product, my lips are soft, moisturized and look very healthy. Its hard finding a good lip balm that will hold up with the Canadian winters...but this works, and works very well. I will defiantly be buying again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

First off, to me it smells like a chocolate cup cake. The honey is very faint. That being said, I love how it lasts on the lips. It's not greasy...just moisturizing (maybe a little waxy). Either way, it works. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

A nice, non glossy lip balm. Moisturizes well and smells so yummy. It is kind of hard and semi waxy but I like that- it makes it last longer than most lip balms. Doesn't soak in right away but I feel like it does after a while, and makes my lips soft. The packaging is cute but not practical, and I wish they sold it in stick form for on the go/travel. At $7 it's mid-range price. Would buy again.