October 25, 2014 | 1637 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Honey Trap Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PeachyDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A bit expensive for a lip balm, but that's Lush :)
To me is smells like a cupcake, doesn't really taste like anything, and feels smooth and hydrating on my lips.
I haven't really had any issues with getting the product out of the packaging, mine is not hard and takes just a few seconds to warm up on my finger before applying.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

Honey Trap is a white-chocolate peppermint lipbalm with a hint of honey. I'm a bit disapointed with this product as I thought it would be much more mosturizing than it actually is. Its hard to get the balm onto your finger as it is quite waxy and hard. I found that pressing the tin lightly between my two palms for a minute warmed the lipbalm up and made it much softer to use. The smell is alright, it smells a bit like baby power to me although I was expecting more of a honey white chocolate type of scent. Overall, I'm a bit disapointed by this product and will use it up, however I'm not sure I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I am really impressed with this lip balm. I actually love the smell--it smells exactly like the lush massage bar mange, too (which I own and love). The SA convinced me to get this along with the bubblegum lip scrub (which I also love). I am a lip balm collector--I always seem to lose them and I've never found one that suits my needs. I was using jack black but the mintiness was wayyy to strong it made my eyes water. Honey trap is great because it's not too glossy or wet and I like the scent. The only drawbacks for me are that I have to stick my hand in it and that it is very hard and you have to warm it up with your finger. I always make sure my hands are clean before using this. lasts for forever on my lips. I love that it has olive oil in it. It may not be fore everyone, but it's quickly becoming an HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product didnít work for me. It doesnít work as well as Chapstick Medicated for me and its more expensive. Luckily I didnít purchase this, I got it as part of a gift from a friend. I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm addicted to Honey Trap: no matter what else I buy/use for my lips, I love this one and will keep buying. I personally love the scent and it reminds me of honey and vanilla. I like waxy, thick lip balms and this is one of those. It's a bit hard, but I don't mind that. I'm on my second tin. The packaging is the only thing I'm not a huge fan of. My first tin that I owned for about half a year is really dented. The tin seems kinda flimsy. I took a lippie off for the tin and because I think $7 is a few bucks too expensive for what it is.

EDIT: Now on my third tin. I love this balm to death but... I dislike how it goes rancid and changes flavor and even color and texture towards the end: One tin usually lasts me a bit over 6 months. I apply it often because it makes me happy.

I also tried the Whipstick, which is really similar to Honey Trap except with a chocolate-orange flavor. My lips are very pale, and the Whipstick turns them an ugly color so I only use Whipstick at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

I think this is a wonderful lip balm! It smells quite amazing - white chocolate with hints of honey and mint. Yes, its a solid balm, and so you'll have to warm it up so that its soft enough to be used. It feels really creamy on your lips and leaves them feeling incredibly soft and nourished. It doesn't look too glossy on your lips, it just gives a slight sheen which looks natural and pretty. IMO the little tin packaging is quite cute and practical. And yes, it is expensive for a lip balm.. But considering the fact that you don't need to reapply it too often.. it feels quite reasonable. And since it is packed with tons of good ingredients, it feels all the more worth the cost :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by honeytree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an amazing product, my lips are soft, moisturized and look very healthy. Its hard finding a good lip balm that will hold up with the Canadian winters...but this works, and works very well. I will defiantly be buying again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

First off, to me it smells like a chocolate cup cake. The honey is very faint. That being said, I love how it lasts on the lips. It's not greasy...just moisturizing (maybe a little waxy). Either way, it works. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

A nice, non glossy lip balm. Moisturizes well and smells so yummy. It is kind of hard and semi waxy but I like that- it makes it last longer than most lip balms. Doesn't soak in right away but I feel like it does after a while, and makes my lips soft. The packaging is cute but not practical, and I wish they sold it in stick form for on the go/travel. At $7 it's mid-range price. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lush products are my guilty pleasure--they're expensive but for the most part they are worth the extra money! And their lip balms happen to be cheaper than some drugstore products in the long run (e.g. Softlips). Since this comes in a tin (which I've never had trouble opening) I prefer to keep it at home where I can readily wash my hands before dipping my finger in rather than using it on the go. I especially like using this before bedtime when my lips aren't in the best shape and I always wake up to smooth, soft lips. Especially when it's cold, you have to warm up the product with your finger before applying it, and when it gets hot, it can melt, though where I live it's cool most of the year so I'm fine with that. I love how this doesn't feel thick, waxy, or greasy on the lips... It feels just right! Honey Trap doesn't actually smell like honey; rather, it smells like white chocolate and vanilla dough, along with a bit of peppermint. It's such a divine combination, and this product is a keeper!