September 3, 2014 | 1061 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by apple98rs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a part of a gift set from a friend, good thing I didn't spend any money on bc when I tested it on my skin it was scratchy and cheap. Ill probably never even use this to apply anything bc it's so dang irritating. I know it's originally only a dollar but even still save ur money on this product bc it's garbage

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by legitlashes

im shocked with all the negative comments..
i actually like this brush, i bought it at my local dollarama (in canada) for 1$.
it works well for me, i use it to apply my bronzer and blush.
i didnt notice any shedding or odors from the brush , my handle did un-glue thought...but hey it's only 1$

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

Not a fan of this brush, at all! The bristles feel so plasticky and itchy on your skin, I have other elf brushes from the professional range & they are much better than this one, total miss, on the look out for a new bronzing brush this one sucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this brush. I used to use it to put my powder on every day until my dog ate it. I've tried a lot of face/powder brushes & the only one I've found that was better is the Coastal Scents Kabuki on a stick.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by thelilacdawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I still to this very day recommend people buy the Studio Line Brushes rather than these. I don't use this brush a lot simply because the glue has made the handle very loose and I don't really feel like buying another brush just. If you are a beginner, this is a good face brush but the bristles are a little rough to the skin, take the extra 2 dollars and buy the studio line brushes. Thank everyone later

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand why people hate this so much. I use it to dust powder and blush on everyday. It did shed a little, but not a LOT and it was only for a dollar. I never noticed any "scratchiness" either.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lauraruth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have little to say about this brush, The only things I can say It scraches like CRAZY, and is painful to use. looks cheap, It has to little weight in the handle, and sheads like crazy. NEVER AGAIN!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ELF's Essential Total Face Brush has "soft, caressing bristles that allow for soothing appilcation for facial and bronzing powders. The Total Face Brush features full, slightly tapered bristles to contour the face and help build gorgeous coverage as needed". Like all ELF Professional/Essential are tested by a "team of professional makeup artists" and are "ergonomically designed to fit perfectly into your hand and facilitate a flawless finish with every application". OK, cool, ELF. This brush is made of synthetic bristles and like just about all ELF products, is cruelty free and vegan friendly. This brush will run you only $1. I bought mine at Target, but ELF can also be found at select Big Lots, Kmarts, Walmarts, drugstores and dollar stores; as well as on the brand's website. The ELF Total Face Brush was made in China.
This brush came in a clear pouch with a brush guard, both can be kept for storage or travel purposes, but I tossed them. A cardboard insert is also included with a fair amount of brush and company info. The Total Face Brush is actually pretty large. The white lacquered wooden handle has the brush name written on it in silver lettering. The silver ferrule seems to be well attached to the thick handle, which is good because ELF's Essential/Professional line isn't exactly know for it's quality or stability. The reddish brown synthetic bristles are pretty long. This is brush isn't anywhere near as dense as it looks, when you run your fingers through it you'll notice that there are quite a few gaps. ELF's Total Face Brush is probably the most sparse face brush that I have. The bristles are not good quality, they feel very synthetic and are quite scratchy, certainly not soothing like the product description claims. I actually find this brush pretty irritating to use. The bristles splay a little around the circumference of the brush head, but it doesn't affect the overall shape of the brush. The shape is ok, pretty standard for a powder type brush, round, coming to a slight dome at the top. I find the bristles too long, making application hard to control. Despite it's fairly large size, the Total Face Brush has very little heft in the hand.
So lets talk a little more about application. To me, the ELF Total Face Brush only has one real use, to lightly dust on powders. It isn't dense or stiff enough to apply any colored product and blend it correctly. Don't even think about using this for liquid products. I haven't tried it, but experience/instinct tells me it would be an utter disaster. Not a very versatile brush, good thing it's cheap. I've only had this brush for a couple of weeks so I can't tell you whether or not it will stand the test of time. I've washed it twice though and it held up well so far. It dries quickly, doesn't shed more than a bristle or two and all the product comes out. The Total Face Brush can lose it's shape a little, but is easily reshaped after it dries.
ELF's Total Face Brush is not the multi-tasker it's cracked up to be. It only has one real use, and even then it's not very good at it. YOU HAD ONE JOB, BRUSH. The problem lies in the poor quality bristles. If they were softer and denser this brush could've been a hit. The Total Face Brush isn't a total fail, but it's close. I don't recommend it, even if it only costs a buck, it's not really worth it. I don't know if I'll even keep mine. I had to force myself to use it for review purposes, but otherwise I rarely reach for it. Who would voluntarily use a brush that kinda hurts though? I have several, much better face brushes that are still affordable. Skip the Total Face Brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by HelloDear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is so bad! It doesn't do a good job at picking up product. Doesn't blend things nicely. Feels scratchy on my skin. Sheds like crazy!! I used this brush only a few times and stopped and so I haven't gotten around to wash it yet to see how it is after washing. This brush sucked so I'm happy I only spent a dollar on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by PanAm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually surprised by all the negative reviews! I bought this brush back in 2008-2009 and didn't use it for awhile because I didn't use powder back then. Flash forward to this summer when I opened a powder sunscreen. I tried applying it with the puff it came with and of course that didn't work. I used my philosophy brushes which aren't that bad. These are soft, strong, and have never shed on me. I can use this one or the philosophy one and it doesn't make a difference. Both are nice and do the job! i wonder if its because my brush is older is why its different? I'll be wary if I have to replace it due to these reviews.