April 18, 2014 | 918 users online

Treatments - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by bvfish

I was very skeptical about anything Mary Kay, but received the sample size of both the scrub and lotion.

This makes my skin SO smooth and soft. The serum did not break me out (which is a miracle). I use this every two to three days and I think my skin looks much nicer, as well. The scrub is a very fine grit and a little goes a long way, so the $55 isn't a big deal since the product lasts around 6-8 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by amaiaisabella

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cry at the thought that I might not be able to find this online! Thanks to a great friend, I received this in a swap and it is literally the best product I have ever used on my face. I don't have too much acne anymore, but with super pale skin, all the pigmentation left over from my teenage years stands out like a neon sign. I've been using this for 3 weeks, and I don't even wear concealer anymore- I don't need it! It gives my face a great glow, doesn't irritate my insanely sensitive skin, AND helps improve the skin- what more do you need! I'd give it 10 stars if I could!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin has become so soft ever since I have used this product. I did not spend anything on it as my mother gave it to me as a gift. I use it on my neck and face and I can't coplain one bit. Usually when I shower is when I use this. My face glows, like fireflies are surrounding my face. I don't know much about the serum, as I just put on Olive oil after using it. It just feels like gloried water to me. I'm going to take Quilley's suggestion and try it on my elbows and knees and see what happens. But overall, this is a great "scrub".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This kit works great for exfoliating and clearing up my skin! It makes it so smooth and clean feeling. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it in my opinion because it really makes a difference in my skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm convinced that the quality of this kit is facial salon quality. Step 1/Microdermabrasion Refine is serious stuff and should be used with caution, imo. It does not require "elbow grease" or you WILL abrade your skin. Use a light touch - I even use it with my cleanser sometimes as a "buffer". It definately gets all the accumulated dead cells, blackheads, clogged pores, etc. Step 2/Replenish is meant to replace the moisture and maybe (?) restore the ph level that the dermabrasion takes away. I love the way my skin looks and feels after this - especially after a good workout. I've also used it in the shower on elbows and heels with great results. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

Best microderm kit I have ever used!! This is sooo worth the money,my skin feels so soft and smooth after using this it glows!! I will not use anything other microderm kit cuz this one its that good!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ckko25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AWESOME!! This has helped clear my acne problem of 15 years, smothes the texture of my skin, and gets rid of my red marks accumuated by left over acne! The only reason there could be a negative about this product is if somebody has overly sensitive skin. This product WILL NOT break you out... I would definitely know!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Step one is way too harsh and scrubby (think I'll use it up on my feet, definitely not for the face). After using the set, my face was red, pores were much bigger and I looked like I had broken veins on my cheekbones, thankfully this subsided. My eyes also felt very irritated and I didn't even use it near my eyes, Not worth the $55 price tag at all. Skip this one. I like the Clinique 7 day scrub cream much better, it's nowhere near as rough on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tarapickholtz

I recently purchased this item and so far, I'm pleased with it. I know I still need to give it some more time to get the full results. Yes, $55 isn't cheap, but it's MUCH cheaper than getting microderm treatments done at the dermatologist. Plus, using this kit is much more gentle.

I am young and don't have any wrinkles, but purchased this to help with skin dullness and acne caused by dead skin cell buildup. So far the set has really helped me get rid of the flaky, dry skin around my nose and anywhere else. My skin feels super soft after using the set too! I also don't get any irritation or redness after using it, which is a big plus.

I have acne-prone skin and was concerned that the solution (the 2nd step) would make me break out, but it has not. I just apply the lotion and then put on my regular skincare products afterwards. It has worked fine!

I think my skin looks smoother and feels softer and no more flakies. I use this product once on the weekend and once mid-week. I am hoping it helps with my acne with some more time! In the past, I used a sample and it DID help prevent acne since it exfoliates and sloughs off dead skin cells that can clog your pores.

Give it a try! MK lets you return items if you aren't happy with them, so you don't have anything to lose. It's much cheaper than getting pro microdermabrasion done, is fast and easy, and has worked well for me! And I like I mentioned, I really like that it isn't irritating.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by akpurplecow

I really do like this product. I found that the first time I used it, it made my face break out a little. I wasn't too concerned because that happens to my face whenever I get a facial or anything of that nature. As long as I use it as often as suggested, my face has a natural glow because it gets rid of all the nasty stuff that builds up. You wont believe how soft and smooth your face feels after you use it. I LOVE IT!