Mary Kay Microdermabrasion Kit

4.3

on 1/10/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have acne/combo/oily skin and have tried a daily scrub from Aveeno, Neutrogena, and Biore and both of them caused me to break out right after use. I tried this and it is AMAZING! I was very skeptical of MK products but tried this when a friend recommended it. My skin has never felt better! It is expensive but definitely does a lot more than the cheaper drug store options that I have tried. My skin is super soft and if I use it twice a week it really keeps my acne in check. Awesome.

on 12/6/2009 8:49:00 PM

I first tried this out when my friend was a MK consultant, and ended up purchasing a full size kit online. I love how it makes my skin feel! It's very fine, but still smooths and exfoliates extremely well. I try to use it at least 2 times a month, and if I really remember, every 3 days. It helps controls my break outs, as well. I'm assuming that's because it removes the junk that is just sitting there all attached to the skin that normal cleaning doesn't get to.

I use just a tiny amount, and so far I've had my kit for 3 years and I still have plenty left. I keep it in the shower so I can use it right there when I'm washing my face and already all wet.

I don't really use the serum unless I remember (or can even find it), which is very rare. Instead I follow with my normal moisturizer.

I would buy again if I ever end up using up the bottle I already have!

on 11/20/2009 2:14:00 PM

I was very skeptical about anything Mary Kay, but received the sample size of both the scrub and lotion.

This makes my skin SO smooth and soft. The serum did not break me out (which is a miracle). I use this every two to three days and I think my skin looks much nicer, as well. The scrub is a very fine grit and a little goes a long way, so the $55 isn't a big deal since the product lasts around 6-8 months.

I cry at the thought that I might not be able to find this online! Thanks to a great friend, I received this in a swap and it is literally the best product I have ever used on my face. I don't have too much acne anymore, but with super pale skin, all the pigmentation left over from my teenage years stands out like a neon sign. I've been using this for 3 weeks, and I don't even wear concealer anymore- I don't need it! It gives my face a great glow, doesn't irritate my insanely sensitive skin, AND helps improve the skin- what more do you need! I'd give it 10 stars if I could!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

My skin has become so soft ever since I have used this product. I did not spend anything on it as my mother gave it to me as a gift. I use it on my neck and face and I can't coplain one bit. Usually when I shower is when I use this. My face glows, like fireflies are surrounding my face. I don't know much about the serum, as I just put on Olive oil after using it. It just feels like gloried water to me. I'm going to take Quilley's suggestion and try it on my elbows and knees and see what happens. But overall, this is a great "scrub".

on 7/8/2009 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This kit works great for exfoliating and clearing up my skin! It makes it so smooth and clean feeling. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it in my opinion because it really makes a difference in my skin!

on 7/1/2009 11:11:00 PM

I'm convinced that the quality of this kit is facial salon quality. Step 1/Microdermabrasion Refine is serious stuff and should be used with caution, imo. It does not require "elbow grease" or you WILL abrade your skin. Use a light touch - I even use it with my cleanser sometimes as a "buffer". It definately gets all the accumulated dead cells, blackheads, clogged pores, etc. Step 2/Replenish is meant to replace the moisture and maybe (?) restore the ph level that the dermabrasion takes away. I love the way my skin looks and feels after this - especially after a good workout. I've also used it in the shower on elbows and heels with great results. Love it!

on 6/26/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best microderm kit I have ever used!! This is sooo worth the money,my skin feels so soft and smooth after using this it glows!! I will not use anything other microderm kit cuz this one its that good!

on 6/10/2009 12:19:00 AM

AWESOME!! This has helped clear my acne problem of 15 years, smothes the texture of my skin, and gets rid of my red marks accumuated by left over acne! The only reason there could be a negative about this product is if somebody has overly sensitive skin. This product WILL NOT break you out... I would definitely know!!!!!!!!

on 6/5/2009 10:02:00 AM

Step one is way too harsh and scrubby (think I'll use it up on my feet, definitely not for the face). After using the set, my face was red, pores were much bigger and I looked like I had broken veins on my cheekbones, thankfully this subsided. My eyes also felt very irritated and I didn't even use it near my eyes, Not worth the $55 price tag at all. Skip this one. I like the Clinique 7 day scrub cream much better, it's nowhere near as rough on your skin.

Popular Treatments (Face)