October 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by onefineday01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Used to use Eternicils & loved it so much, but haven't ventured too much with other Lancome mascaras. I like that the tube "catches" a bit to make sure it's closed. When I first bought this I loved how it darkened & thickened my lashes, and dried quickly so the weight of it didn't uncurl my lashes, but it's only a month old & is dry & goopy now when applied. For the price, and the Lancome reputation, it should last longer than that IMO. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by prescytng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a very long lashes but no volume. thats why i dont think it suitable for me to use this mascarra, it acually very long lasting, quick dry n make ur lashes even longer, unfortunately not very good in volumizing ur lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by ShayOx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does nothing for your eyelashes. It was orite at first, it added some colour and volume, a couple of weeks later and the mascara had dried so much and has become even stickier. The brush is pretty rubbish too, it does not grab every lash.

Overall for the big price tag on this product, it does not deliever at all.

Use this money to purchase something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really love this mascara. It truly is waterproof- no raccoon eyes after bikram yoga, swimming, long runs/sweatfests, hook ups or showers. That's really all I could ask for in a waterproof mascara. A bonus is that you get fat, sexy lashes with this product and the large wand makes it easy to apply quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by MizzIssy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara and like others have already mentioned, it truly works!! I usually wear this one when I'm working out, clubbing or at work. It stays on, and it doesn't irritate my eyes (I wear contacts). I definitely recommend it, it's worth every penny!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I love this mascara. I love the length and volume it gives plus it is really waterproof -- I've tested it the last few weeks at the gym and for other heavy sweat inducing activities with success. I don't find that it clumps any more than any other mascara I have used. I also like that it dries quickly without smudging. Occasionally, I have to comb out my left eyelashes since I am right handed and therefore I apply with the wand backwards. I think the tube is a bit bulky but I can deal since I like the formula so much. A winner in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Rhu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was a fantastic mascara. It barely smudged (which is great compared to the other ones I have tried e.g. red earth and maybelline). it delivers on its waterproof promise. I actually used it for prom and afterward I didn't end up with raccoon eyes at all :D
However I would not repurchase this product for everyday use because it is so expensive (I think it was $30 CAD), but again it is a great product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

This was my HG for about 5 tubes until I started experimenting with diff tubes of drugstore brands.
I like that this was true to it's waterproof claims. It stayed put and never ever ever smuged and it held my curls all day long. It also delivered what it promised in terms of volume.
But! after buying some drugstore brand waterproof mascara (esp cover girl) I realized that lancome's hypnose waterproof was really flaky. I also found that the tube would dry up really fast which was a shame because these are like close to 30 dollars after tax in Canada.
It's not a bad mascara, and it delivers on waterproof and volume but I found that cover girl's lash blast in waterproof (yes the wand is too big, and yes it's annoying) is just as good if not better (the formula is better, the wand is awful) because it doesn't flake and get crusty on my lashes like hypnose waterproof does.
But I'd still buy it again when I get bored with other brands as it was my first love and it did give me pretty good volume!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Ainnir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This has been my HG for years. It's a bit expensive, but I haven't found anything cheaper that lasts like this mascara. I'm a photographer, so I need mascara that holds well since I'm constantly pressing my eye against the viewfinder while squinting with my other eye. It holds the curl well, and does not smudge, no matter the circumstances.
However, it is tricky to apply. When I apply straight out of the tube on curled lashes, it's clumping madness and it's so goopy it ends up all over my eyelids. It took me a while to figure it out, but this is what works for me:
- Curl lashes
- Tap outer wand on tissue - do not wipe wand as you will lose too much mascara (this will avoid most of the goopy mess)
- Look up and apply mascara from the base of the lashes outwards, while pressing gently against the lashes
- Wipe off any mess around the eye with a q-tip while mascara is still wet
- Quickly brush lashes with a clean mascara brush while mascara is still setting and apply mild pressure (this curls the lashes even more, helps hold the curl, separates the lashes and removes all clumps)

Granted, it takes time and effort to apply like this, but it's so worth it.

Also, the only thing that will remove this completely is Lancome's Bi-Facil remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Hypnose waterproof in black for the past few weeks and I must say I am pleasantly surprised. I normally do not purchase HE mascara but after MF Volume Couture WP was gone from my local stores I was on the prowl for a good waterproof volumizing mascara. Hypnose has a relatively small-ish wand and the formula feels very light on my lashes, even after layering. I am very impressed with how well this mascara layers -- it is easy to go from a natural look to a very full, dramatic look simply by adding more. I have not had problems with clumps or flaking even when adding multiple layers; in fact, I barely need to use my lash comb after applying Hypnose. It also holds a curl really well, which is certainly something I expect of a waterproof mascara. I think the black could be a little darker but it is definitely not grey and since I have auburn hair this is still plenty dark. I really like the drying time for Hypnose -- it is not so short that it dries between layers but it is not one of those mascaras that stays wet (and thus transfer-prone) for a long time after you finish your eye makeup. Hypnose stays on all day and still looks great 16+ hours after application. It is a little tough to remove but taking a few extra moments to let Ponds Cold Cream or Bi-Facil dissolve it helps a lot. I will update my review if this mascara dries out early or if the formula changes texture but so far so good! At this point I would definitely repurchase Hypnose even with the high price tag.