Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

Water , Glycerin ,Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate , Sodium Lauroamphoacetate , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Polyquaternium-10 , PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate , Glycol Distearate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamide MEA , Laureth-10 , Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate , Sodium Trideceth Sulfate , Citric Acid , Disodium EDTA , Phenoxyethanol , DMDM Hydantoin. 6/25/12

on 2/1/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff. I have sensitive, highly reactive skin. Finding products that work on my skin is a huge challenge. This has been an amazing find. It is gentle enough to not cause redness and irritation, but strong enough to wash off my make-up. The best part is that it is so readily available... If I forget it while traveling, I just have to hit up the nearest drug store. I gave it a four only because it leaves a slight slimy residue, but if that doesn't bother you than it's amazing.

on 12/28/2013 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this on and off for a looonnng time. I actually am surprised I missed reviewing this since I've reviewed most of my standard products. I have bought countless bottles. I didn't really think I was too sensitive when I was younger, but somehow I started this and kept using it. Anyway, I stopped using this when people recommended other things, but my face got worse and worse and spun out of control. I kind of always had this around, so I kept going back and forth, but because of my full blown acne issues, it wouldn't clear it up on it's own, and I didn't give it enough time anyway. Sometimes my face was so sore and irritated from other products (like Retin A) or popping pimples that this couldn't "help" that, and sometimes it exacerbated the dryness. So it was very hard for me to realize this would help if I just stopped the other products and found the correct routine with the help of a dermatologist.

I now use a very simple routine. Just this, alba enzyme mask, brown sugar as a scrub when needed, and just added La Roche Posay Effaclar duo as well as some perscription antibiotic pills.

I have had a long road to beating my acne, a deep rooted problem that won't go away with just a cleanser, but this is something I always return to and can count on. As far as it can do, it's amazing. It takes off makeup which many gentle cleansers can't do, yet it's still gentle. I don't care about the film either, since I actually feel clean and have some improvements in my skin and haven't over dried this time around either. I even used a second cleanser to get rid of the film but found it wasn't as safe as this one so I was better off with one I could trust. I'm seeing improvements finally and will NOT stop using this again. It really is for sensitive skin, and will help those with mild to moderate acne, just stick with it and don't use those harsh products or you won't see the benefit of this. This is one of the few things I can really call HG, and that's rare for me!

on 12/23/2013 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have kind of oily acne prone skin. This product is really gentle but surprisingly works well for me. At first I thought it would be too gentle and wouldnt clean my skin enough, but it works fine. I use it with clean and clear benzoyl peroxide cream and my skin really agrees to this regimen. Its a nice balance instead of using a salicylic acid or super drying face wash with the cream.

on 12/6/2013 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am in my early 20s, and I have been advised by many people that using a foaming cleanser in your "younger" years of life, its better for combination/oily/acne-prone and sometimes sensitive skin. In the past I have used Vichy normaderm (which isn't bad, but after 3 years, my skin hadn't improved, but it wasn't irritated either), La Roche posay Effaclar for approx 2 years now, and it is decent but pricey!!!!

This have been using this product for a couple of days, and this is my review:

Pros:
- Fragrance, oil, and soap free!!
- Smooth skin
- surprisingly, the darkness around my eyes are lightening up
- removes makeup well, for a cleanser anyways. The rest my toner picks up (no alcohol) (but I only wear one layer of liquid makeup. no more).
- T-zone is dry for a couple hours

Cons:

- if you use too much, overdrying the face, and promoting more oil production
- dry patches of skin

Its winter, maybe in the summer it may be different. Will provide an updated review in the future.

UPDATED 2014: This cleanser is great, in relation to daily usage, and does take off some makeup, but not all. I feel this cleanser would be better in the summer time. I currently use Paula's choice EArth Source gel cleanser and its amazing for winter usage.

just amazing. it leaves my skin feeling so soft and non irritated like other cleansers that claim to be for sensitive skin. i like that it has a pump too. only complaint i have is it doesnt really foam up like it claims but thats ok causr it cleans my face like i want it to. i would definently recommend this cleanser

on 11/13/2013 4:15:00 PM

THE BEST CLEANSER EVER!

on 10/17/2013 3:17:00 AM

I have been looking for months for a gentle facial wash that doesn't worsen the condition of my sensitive skin. This did not work for me - made my skin red and irritated, worsened my perioral dermatitis.
(I've never yet had a good experience with an Olay product -- I guess they just aren't for my skin type, even though they are bestselling and ubiquitous.)

on 10/16/2013 2:25:00 AM

Fantastic. Non-drying and non-comedogenic. Don't even need a moisturizer at night!

on 10/12/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this cleanser does its job when it cleans, but i feel it only cleans the outside and not deep within the pores and really CLEANS it...It also doesnt control my oil very well. Ill use it until i run out, but i think there are better cleansers out there, so i wont be rebuying. It'd be good for people with normal to dry skin though!

on 10/2/2013 10:31:00 PM

After using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash since I was 13, my early 20's skin started to get red bumps and irritation. I always had clear skin and kept a vigilant skin care routine, but the products that worked so well in my teens no longer cut it in my twenties. I tried Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser and Ole Henriksen Aloe Vera Cleanser, and while my stubborn forehead bumps improved, they were still embarrassing and frustrating. Enter Olay Sensitive Skin Face Wash. This stuff leaves my skin feeling clean, soft, and moisturized. It cleared up my skin within a month. Best of all it's only $4.99!