December 21, 2014 | 965 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Lorel1

Loved this cleanser until I experienced a rash of little bumps on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for awhile because I have very sensitive skin. It does a pretty good job keeping my face clean and it kept my skin so hydrated I could have gotten away without wearing moisturizer most days. I still had some acne so when I ran out I purchased a different cleanser but if I can't find anything better I would go back to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finding a good cleanser has been kind of difficult. I've tried both high end and drugstore products. This is the best cleanser I have found in years. It was only $4 at my local drugstore. It cleans well. It comes with a convenient pump. It does not leave my face feeling tight. Overall, it's pretty amazing. Did I mention it was $4? Yes I did. It's a wonderful product for a super low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by shygirl7

I like this product and will not go without it again! I bought it because my regular face wash did nothing for my face, and this has great reviews. My skin isn't too sensitive, but I chose this one over the combination/oily version just because of preference but I love it. It cleans my skin gently and even though my skin is slightly oily, this kept my oily t-zone matte, yet the other areas of my face comfortable. Since using this product, I've noticed my face being brighter and that my stubborn blackheads coming to the surface. My face looks better and my makeup looks great!! No little bumps when I put on my blush and setting powder! I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by marvlach

Amazing product! This is a basic cleanser that foams up really nice AND has no soap, no fragrance, no oil, allergy tested too. You really cant go wrong with it. My skin feels clean, not stripped and I dont feel the need to follow with a toner... i just go straight from cleansing to moisturizing :) LOVE. I had moderate acne and my face is almost clear... turns out all the acne cleansers were simply too harsh for my skin and I just needed a basic cleanser to allow my skin to heal on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Paigiss

I have used this product for over a year now on and off, and I absolutely love it. It is the only face wash that has actually done anything for my skin. It's very gentle, and I love that it is fragrance-free.
I use this every night, with the Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub in the morning. And I know you might not believe it, but after one use, I saw results. I had a REALLY bad pimple on my chin (embarrassing, I know) and instead of using the Cetaphil cleanser that I was using before, I used this one. The pimple's redness was completely gone, and it had shrunk noticeably. I also had some acne on my nose, and after two days, it was completely gone! WOW!
As for the price, I mean, $5 for no acne? Yes please! You could buy acne treatment that doesn't work half as good as this, for twice the price (I'm not saying that no acne treatment is better than this, but there are some that are not as good as Olay but more money). So I really think the price is not bad at all!
I think the best thing about this is how gentle it is. You are actually not supposed to wash your face with harsh chemicals because they will make your skin worse. Since this is formulated for sensitive skin, it does not dry out your skin at all.
Overall, if you are looking for a new facial wash, this is the one for you!! I would recommend it to ANYBODY. Olay rocks!

EDIT: If you are traveling a lot, I would not recommend the pump bottle because the pump with get pushed down and the product will get pumped out and get EVERYWHERE. I have experienced this multiple times. What I have to do is tie a tissue around the nozzle so that the tissue absorbs the product and doesn't make a mess. Get the other container (not sure what it's called) if you are planning on taking it everywhere.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by dustdrops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was looking for a good cleanser because the one I used to have (Paula's Choice Clear Pore Normalizing Cleanser) was running out. While I liked the product itself, I hated having to buy the cleanser online (and shipping takes quite a while) since I need something that I can easily buy quickly and locally. While browsing through Beautypedia, I saw that this cleanser was one of the best and decided to go out and buy it.

For me, cleanser is the most important step in my skincare routine because I believe that without clean skin, other products wouldn't be able to work well, therefore your skin won't look your best. I like to invest on good cleansers that are inexpensive and work just as well, or even better, than high-end brands.

I am so glad that I bought this because it is truly the BEST cleanser I've ever used. It cleans my skin so well and removes all the dirt and excess oil, without stripping my skin. In fact, it leaves my skin feeling so soft and silky. It's fragrance-free and oil-free, and it has a silky texture. I usually pair this with my Clarisonic Mia and together they are a cleansing powerhouse. I don't even have to use a toner! That's one more product I don't need. After cleansing, I apply the rest of my products in my skincare routine.

For those who mentioned that it doesn't remove makeup well, remember that this is a cleanser and not a makeup remover. I take off my makeup with a makeup remover or EVOO anyway, no matter what cleanser I use or no matter how good it claims to remove makeup. Because of this method of double cleansing, my skin has never been more clear! I no longer need to pile on makeup and I can walk out of the house without it and still feel confident.

The bottom line: this is an inexpensive, no-frills cleanser that does the job excellently. I would purchase this again without a doubt.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by retropink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser and the acne.org brand are my HG face washes. I have very sensitive, somewhat oily, clog-prone skin that breaks out from most everything I try on it, but the Olay sensitive is so gentle and keeps my skin smooth and clear. I use grapeseed oil to remove my water resistant sunscreen and makeup first, though (but not on my eyes, the Olay removes my mascara).

At some point, I think they changed the formula of this because it had new packaging, but it still works beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by boxofcornflakes

I have the one in the tube so it's travel friendly. I've never had the one with the pump so I'm not sure if it is the same. It works very well without drying my skin. I have mild combination skin. I use it twice a day, morning and night. I follow up with the Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid Lotion. That's really all I do and my skin feels soft afterwards. I have very very minor acne in general, so I'm not sure if this face wash prevents that or I just don't have acne prone skin... It also isn't irritating when I use it on my eyelids to remove eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I love this face wash!...& I love Olay because Olay never fails me (or hasn't yet, knock on wood). In regard to some of the previous reviews, this is not meant to remove your make-up, nor is this advertised as a make-up remover. This is only intended to wash/cleanse the dirt/oil off of your skin AFTER you've removed your make-up, or just to freshen your face up in the morning before applying make-up. This wash removes natural impurities from my face (oil & dirt), never leaves my skin tight or dry, this will burn if it gets in your eyes...but still safe to use on my sensitive skin, unclogs my pores, is fragrance-free & oil-free, & I believe this has improved my overall, complexion. For how inexpensive & how great this works, I will definitely re-purchase. This comes in a big squeeze tube bottle & you literally need a dime-size amount to cover your whole face. So, a little goes a long way & the bottle will last for a long time. Awesome face wash, but again....NOT intended to be a make-up remover. This does not contain any ingredients that indicate this would remove make-up effectively, nor does this advertise itself as so. IJS.