July 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really like this moisturizer. it has great natural, moisturizing ingredients and it just seems to soak right in to my skin leaving my face feeling velvety soft. i actually add some pure ascorbic acid
(vitamin c) powder to it before i apply it since i love products that contain vitamin c. i got this to replace my avalon organics vitamin c renewal cream because i couldnt get it anywhere. this cream is not as heavy as my old cream but it is nice because i can use it both day and night. it also contains antioxidants as well as natural oils that are good for the skin. i will most likely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by hmag7386

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the little jar of this after reading the reviews here. As soon as I opened it I could tell it's a very well-made product. The consistency is thick yet lightweight. It's so luxurious. It feels like it's whipped, and actually looks and feels CLEAN. It goes on very easily and I love the way it feels on my face. It doesn't leave any shiny sheen and my experience so far has been that it absorbs quickly. I put this on under my makeup and sunscreen and it works great. I too, like several people who have tried this, wanted to simplify and go natural with my makeup routine, and use as many natural products as possible. This is an amazing place to start. The jasmine scent of this product may be too powerful for some, it is quite potent, but that's because you only need a little bit of this for it to work. I personally love the smell, and it actually fades a bit since I put sunscreen and makeup on over this. I have normal to dry skin, so I can't speak for those with oily or acne-prone skin, but I'd at least give this a shot. If nothing else, the natural ingredients in make this a great product to try!

UPDATE: I decided to try Alba's Sea Lipids Daily Cream as well- it's also highly rated, and I was looking for something that left less of a sheen on my skin and a more gentle scent. I now use it exclusively. I still love the Jasmine and Vitamin E Cream, but prefer to use the Sea Lipids instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Sua

edit: I find that Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream helps heal my dry spots from acne treatments. This makes my skin soft on the surface, and greasy later. I'd say average for night cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an alternative to Alba's Sea Lipids Daily Cream to see how they compare. Slightly cheaper (per ounce) and lots of organic ingredients as well. Packaging for each products are identical and I like them. Jars allow you to get every single drop of moisturizer, and they're only unsanitary if you leave them open for a long time or don't use clean hands. Unfortunately though, that's where the similarities end. This has a tendency to leave me greasy, even in the drier parts of my skin. Sometimes it's not too bad, and other times, I couldn't even touch my face without feeling it. It just sits there, never absorbing. It didn't ever cause me any breakouts though. Probably best suited towards those who have really dry skin or use in the winter. I might revisit it in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by gigatea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's been 4 days and i've been trying out this product every morning and night. i simply LOVE this cream!!!

i have dry, sometimes sensitive skin and some moisturizers don't hydrate my skin well or leaves it feeling even dryer. i went to elliott's and tested a bit of this cream and love the texture of it. i was also very surprised by how nice it went on, not sticky at all. i also took home a sample and hours later still love the way my lower face felt (where i'd tested the cream). after using the samples 2 more times, i was pretty much sold.

so i went and bought the full size and it's just wonderful for my face. moisturizes very well, and i have no problem with the smell whatsoever. unlike others, i don't think it's strong at all.

i've tried and like other alba products too, such as the papaya enzyme mask (wonderful!). i don't know why i didn't test this one earlier. would've save me the other trials and errors.

it's about $16.09 for a 3 oz jar so definitely worth it in my opinion. a little goes a long way and again, this spreads evenly and soaks in right away. i use it as a daytime moisturizer and night cream. totally a rebuy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

So far so good, this divinely scented jasmine cream is not at all cloying. It seems to deliver just the right amount of moisture to my face and it has organic based ingredients, another plus. Sometimes with new skin creams my skin breaks out in little white bumps, but so far this hasn't happened. Seems like a wonderful product that contains much needed vitamin E and Hawaiian jasmine, ummmm, great stuff so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by chichenitza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Trying to remove as many 'dirty' ingredients from my face and body products regimen. This moisturizer has what seems to be a very pure, healthy ingredients list and works really well. I think it is the best moisturizer I have tried in years and the price is very reasonable. I use it day and night on my face and my skin feels great. The smell can be a little much but I think it's worth getting used to. I haven't has any dryness, flaking or breakouts. Been using for about two weeks. Very impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by robynma

I've never used this on my face and would be afraid to since it is highly fragranced. I've used this as a hand cream and loved it. If you like jasmine and don't mind spending a little extra on hand cream then it would be something to try. I have an oily complexion so I don't think it would be good for my face. Alba Botanica doesn't test on animals so that's a plus in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to have super oily skin, but as I've gotten older it has become normal to oily. I found that I needed to start wearing a moisturizer at night or else my skin would be dry and flaky, but I still needed a light moisturizer since my skin still had oily tendencies. This is the perfect moisturizer for my skin. I don't wear it during the day since it would probably make my makeup slide right off, but it is perfect as a night cream. It's light, absorbs quickly, yet it leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. I've also found that my skin looks much better since using this moisturizer. It is much smoother and more even. One jar is going to last me forever too for the price! I've been using it every night for about 3 months and I've barely made a dent. The only small problem I have with it is the smell. I have a sensitive nose and the smell (it doesn't smell chemically, just a bit too jasmine-y) is a bit off-putting at first, but thankfully it doesn't linger after you've put it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great facial moisturizer! I received a sample of it and having put it on 3 hours ago, I can still feel how supple and soft my face is. I really like the smell of this, it reminds me of my grandma. That's not to say that this has the classic "grandma-smell" to it, haha!