Alba Botanica Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, organic sunflower oil, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, octyl palmitate, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tromethamine stearate, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl monolaurate, extracts of centella asiatica (gotu kola), chamomilla recutita (chamomile) and jasminum officinale, tocopherol and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), organic oils of sweet almond, borago officinalis (borage) and jojoba, allantoin, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), macadamia ternifolia oil and aleurites moluccana (kukui) nut oil, awapuhi and carica papaya extracts, dimethicone, xanthan gum, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol and fragrance.5/23/09

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Grrr.... I so so love the smell of the Jasmine, but I'm 90% sure this cream clogs my pore! I have been using this cream on and off for 2 months along with the Coconut wash and Hibiscus toner. It's almost always after about 2 weeks use that I notice that my skin starts to break out. As soon as I switch to another moisturizer, my skin returns to normal. I should add that I only use the Alba Botanica skin care set when I'm on vacation in Hawaii ( I never brought the set back to the mainland to try). The differences in humidity could also be the reason why I'm breaking out while using this cream since I normally have dry skin, but in Hawaii the humidity is different?

I decided to purchase this product after I had some success w/ Alba's Coconut Facial Milk. I have rosacea and I was hoping their moisturizers were as good as their cleansers. The first few uses seemed great. It smelled lovely and had a nice, velvety consistency. However, as time passed, my skin started to reject it. I discontinued using it once I began getting pimples and my redness increased. I didn't even make it through 75% of the pot. Bummer.

After years, I have finally found my HG moisturizer. I love almost everything about this. I have used tons of different moisturizers that are either too heavy, or greasy and clog my pores and I wake up with break outs but this has changed it all. I only use a tiny bit with clean hands and it glides on and dries quickly. My face is smooth and not greasy and it just feels weightless on my face. I couldn't be more pleased with a moisturizer. Prior to this I had dry flakey skin on my t-zone but this has cured it completely. I recommend this to everyone. Despite the steep price, I will definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If your skin is decently dry, this product works great for you. If it's chronically dry, I'd recommend the Sea Renewal Plus cream, also made by Alba. I do love the smell and the packaging is attractive.

I prefer the Sea Renewal to this product because of my dry skin and because it stretches further but if the store were out of the Sea Renewal, I would happily buy this product.

While it seems this moisturizer works for a lot of MUA reviewers, sadly it has not worked for me :-(
I'm breaking out, and I never break out. I think it has just clogged my pores because my blackheads also seem bigger. It's just too heavy, I guess. I think I'll keep using it on my neck and I really like it as a hand cream, but not for my face.

I'm 36 and have dry/sensitive skin that can get the same itchy patch or pimple when it's not happy with a product. I've been using this for a month ( I would never review anything unless it's been 30 days) and this is a great, reasonably priced moisturizer that does the job. I have acne prone skin at times although alleviated with the pill, and to be very simple, I'll continue with this one. There is nothing fancy, my skin looks moisturized and healthy. Good product

I really love this cream! The moisture seems to soak into my skin right away, leaving my face bright and glowing. It is especially good in the winter, as both a day and night cream. I think that one would have to be careful with it if one had oily skin, but it is perfect for my dry, sometimes flaky skin. The scent is rather strong, so if you don't care for jasmine, it isn't for you. However, the results of this product deserve 5 stars!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm slowly moving towards organic and/or products not tested on animals...that are easy to find. I picked this up at Whole Foods when my organic rose face cream (forgot manufacturer, came in a pump bottle) ran out. The rose cream wasn't doing the job on my dry winter skin and this cost less. So far I really like it. It's rich and velvety but sinks in and I don't have to keep reapplying to get enough. I tend towards the oilies by mid-day, so I'm only using this at night. I love the scent and also the packaging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i really like this moisturizer. it has great natural, moisturizing ingredients and it just seems to soak right in to my skin leaving my face feeling velvety soft. i actually add some pure ascorbic acid
(vitamin c) powder to it before i apply it since i love products that contain vitamin c. i got this to replace my avalon organics vitamin c renewal cream because i couldnt get it anywhere. this cream is not as heavy as my old cream but it is nice because i can use it both day and night. it also contains antioxidants as well as natural oils that are good for the skin. i will most likely repurchase

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the little jar of this after reading the reviews here. As soon as I opened it I could tell it's a very well-made product. The consistency is thick yet lightweight. It's so luxurious. It feels like it's whipped, and actually looks and feels CLEAN. It goes on very easily and I love the way it feels on my face. It doesn't leave any shiny sheen and my experience so far has been that it absorbs quickly. I put this on under my makeup and sunscreen and it works great. I too, like several people who have tried this, wanted to simplify and go natural with my makeup routine, and use as many natural products as possible. This is an amazing place to start. The jasmine scent of this product may be too powerful for some, it is quite potent, but that's because you only need a little bit of this for it to work. I personally love the smell, and it actually fades a bit since I put sunscreen and makeup on over this. I have normal to dry skin, so I can't speak for those with oily or acne-prone skin, but I'd at least give this a shot. If nothing else, the natural ingredients in make this a great product to try!

UPDATE: I decided to try Alba's Sea Lipids Daily Cream as well- it's also highly rated, and I was looking for something that left less of a sheen on my skin and a more gentle scent. I now use it exclusively. I still love the Jasmine and Vitamin E Cream, but prefer to use the Sea Lipids instead.