September 1, 2014 | 1146 users online

Other - Crest - Pro-Health Rinse

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this stuff since it appears to be an effective alcohol free mouthwash, but it's not for me at all! This tastes like a major dose of artificial sweetener (maybe it's not, but it is just nasty to me) and leaves me with a minty taste that only lasts a little while; I don't feel like I'm getting long lasting fresh breath from this product. It also leaves a bit of a scummy feeling in my mouth which I really hate. The whole excessive blue situation the other reviewers have mentioned is another major turn off. As much as I'm not a fan of the burn, it's back to Listerine for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll start with the good. The price isn't bad and I love the fact that it doesn't burn my mouth like other mouthwashes. Unfortunately it turned my teeth a light shade of blue the first time I used it..and after I used it I did not feel like my teeth were clean. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ecosta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Be careful with this product - it can stain your teeth! After using it for a while, I started getting dark stains on my teeth. My dentist said that it was caused by this mouthwash. It took an extra long dental cleaning session to get all of the stains off.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by winniethemaltese

I bought the pro-health rinse because its alcohol-free and apparently alcohol can damage your gums. The burn is not as intense as Listerine or other alcohol rinses, but there is a slight burn. It doesn't taste bad, and it does clean your mouth, but there's some blue gunk on your tongue afterwards (if you press your tongue against the roof of your mouth while swishing a couple of times, that gets rid of it). Even though the blue gunk is kind of a turn-off, i'd rather buy this product than a mouthwash with alcohol - its a lot gentler.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2007 8:33:00 AM More reviews by shannidee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay... I bought it after my dentist suggested it. I have a tooth condition where the enamel on my teeth didn't fully develop so I have to do everything in my power to eliminate germs and other nasties in my mouth. I've always used Listerine and am probably a little weird in the fact that I like the sting of it. It makes me feel like it's working. However, lately my teeth have been sensitive and I've had a hard time swishing for the min. 30 seconds.
This is probably killing all the germs and doing what it was designed to do. I don't like the blue chunks that I spit out. I don't like the fact that my breath doesn't feel fresh after using it. With listerine I feel like my mouth is cleaner and my breath is fresher. I will probably use the rest of the bottle up and then go back to listerine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I could give this one zero lippies I would. This turned my tongue blue and when I spit it out, I discovered chunks (eeewww)! I use Supersmile to whiten my teeth, if this turned my tongue blue, I can't imagine my teeth are safe from the blue dye.
I did use this for a full month. I didn't love the taste and found I needed to use Pro-Health more than 2x per day to combat bad breath.
I read that someone thinks the blue chunks you see when you spit this stuff out represent gunk that's been liberated from your mouth. I asked my dentist about this and he said the chunks are a side effect of the product formulation, not a visual for plaque, gingivitis or anything else removed from your mouth.
Unfortunately, I liked nothing about Crest Pro-Health and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the toothpaste, I am in the minority for this product (another review site had this with a 2.5/5 average rating). I tried Listerine once, and that was it. Too strong and tasted horrible. I still can't believe anybody subjects themselves to it. This on the other hand, is great! It tastes good (another mint flavor I can stand, that's rare), it doesn't linger, and it doesn't sting most of the time (some times it has, but maybe I just have a sensitive mouth?). I love the fact that you can see all the stuff that comes out of your mouth as blue chunks too - it really shows you what's been lurking in there. Some (actually a lot) of people say that it stains their teeth brown/blue, leaves them with a metallic taste, dries their mouth out, or leaves chunks in their mouth. I think the staining and metallic taste is a chemical reaction when you mix different toothpastes with it, but I'm not 100% sure. If it actually does leave a blue tint to teeth, that's a good thing. Blue helps to tone down yellow, so it would actually
help remove all color from teeth and leave them just white. If you still have chunks left, then you haven't spit all of it out; just run your tounge over your teeth and wipe it on a napkin. I've repurchased this tons of times, it's just the best. It does leave a nasty film in your mouth if used at night, but honestly, it doesn't effect me at all. I get that even if I don't brush my teeth.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kekeriggs

This is an refreshing mouthwash. I use this in combination with the pro health toothpaste and the more I use it the more my breath stays fresh and gets close to the 12 hour promise.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by utmostrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Flavor: 4/5

Effectiveness: 4/5

Pros: nice flavor

Cons: Makes me think I'm at the dentist

I received a small, but full size, bottle of this rinse with a tube of the accompanying tothpaste. While I did not want to try the toothpaste, I was eager to try the rinse, as it has no alcohol, and it is relatively mild. It is very mild in flavor, and almost a little yummy, but it also makes me think I am at the dentist, which is not so great of a feeling every morning, It also does a pretty good job of finishing the whole cleaning process of my mouth, making me confident that my breath will stay fresh for hours after. I'm not so sure that this rinse is as strong as others, like Listerine, but that whole absence of alcohol cna sure fool a mouth...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by ffeist