December 21, 2014 | 1206 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by BeautyRage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a gorgeous, gorgeous mascara packaging, for starters. I actually don't mind the smell and with just one coat, I can see so much difference! I don't curl my lash as I have curly ( but thin ) lashes and this mascara gives me the perfect volume for everyday use. It also has aloe vera in it so moisturizes my lashes too!

Plus point: I got a free YSL pouch with this mascara too and it retails around $50 plus here in Singapore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this at the airport duty free when I was flying to Australia. I used it during the hot and humid weather in Gold Coast and never found it smudges, even when I worn it at the beach or swimming pool. It gives amazing length and thickness to my lashes with no clumps. I only give it 3 lipsticks because I don't feel it worth the price. It dried out quickly and soon became clumping. I had to throw it away after only using it for 3 months. Also I've never liked the golden packaging on YSL, although they look beautiful and super luxury, it's too easy to get figure prints all over it so I had to wipe it each time after use, and that's the reason I've given up on repurchasing most of their products. I will not repurchase this, honestly it's really not that much different to a good drugstore mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by annadotwhite

Love this and have repurchased many times. Does dry out a bit quick but is my favourite mascara - have tried many!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with this mascara. I usually use Jordana's Best Lash Extreme, but as I have to have this sent over to me (I am in the UK where it is not sold) I thought I would try another brand, just to see how it compares. Jordana blows this out of the water. The YSL mascara is expensive, dry, doesn't hold a curl, doesn't offer volume or length and flakes within an hour of putting it on (no good especially as a contact lens wearer). It is almost gone by the end of the day. So annoyed when this mascara costs almost Ģ20. Even using my HG primer (Shi lash base) doesn't help. I guess, with all things, YMMV - even with mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara when I had to return YSL shocking faux cils to the shop because of the horrendous smell and the fact that it irritated my contact lenses. I wasn't able to simply return so had to exchange, and i was told that this was a slightly toned down version of the shocking mascara but with a less firm base to the formula. This seems to be true, lashes feel softer and more separate than with shocking. However, they were still clumpy and the design of the brush makes it hard to create an even look, so my lashes always end up looking much thicker near the lids then either wispy or pointy at the ends where they have clumped.

The staying power is decent... but my goodness that SMELL is enough to drive anyone mad and it really lasts all day. It smells stronger than my perfume some days. So definitely give it a sniff before you buy!

Volumising effect wasn't bad, but no lengthening or curl whatsoever, so made my reasonably short lashes look a bit stumpy and clumpy.

Not the worst mascara, but for the price and to avoid the smell, i wouldn't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's alright. I find it clumps very easily and is a bit too "false" looking for my like. I have to be very careful applying this to get a nice clean and defined lashes, which is not what this mascara is for. However if you love thick, volumized and black lashes, this is for you. The packaging is luxurious and it smells fragrances. Also you need a good oil based make up remover to get this off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I have used this product on and off for the last few years.
The only huge problem that I have with this is that it dries WAY TOO QUICKLY! I do not know if it is the mascara itself or if the actual wand has a bad design.
Love the mascara and the colours are great but my only problem is that it simply does not last, even for two and a half months!!!
Hmmmm. just wasn't for me :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by regnflickan

This mascara didnīt stay on my lashes and thatīs not okey for such a expensive mascara. On the good side it gave me thick lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Blackdoll24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! i dont have very longer lashes, but when i use this it makes them look amazing!. Only complaint i have is sometimes it runs, but perhaps i put on too much. Nevertheless, you will not be dissapointed if you purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by s02155

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have ever used with one exception--it does smudge! But honestly, wearing it my lashes have never looked so good in 46 years. I toyed with the idea of buying it again and just coating it with waterproof clear mascara or something, but then I saw the waterproof version of this one, so it's on order. The reviews are accurate about the smudging. I've never in my adult life had any mascara smudge on me and this one does big time. But your lashes will never look better--Lol. It's so good it might be worth the risk which is why I give it a good rating anyway. Just check the mirror often throughout the day for smudges.