November 24, 2014 | 1916 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by msissy11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the foundation brush at the Dollar Tree in my area, I've never used one before, but I absolutely love it! My foundation goes on smooth and even and I use less of it because of this brush. I would definately recommend this to anyone who uses these types of applicators that has a tight budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

I typically don't use a paddle foundation brush because it tends to leave a streaky look. I do not use it for concealer either but I will tell you what I use it for. highlight and blush. I like that it has a tapered tip so I can apply my Mary Lou-minizer from the balm and any blush. I cant really recommend it because it is either you like it or don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Cocoa28

I really love this product. I apply my concealor and foundation with this brush. It was only a $1 at Target so you can beat that. I done brought three of them already.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a buck. Yeah, a buck. Dude, a BUCK!!!!

I don't use it for foundaation partly because I'm still a foundation dumbass at almost 42 and I prefer my fingers.

I used it to put my beloved Wet n Wild Brulee all over my eyelids and browbones (separate review, Imma marry my Brulee, seriously). It packs on the color well and as long as I lay it on the slant (not perpendicular) to my eyelid, not scratchy. It's handled being washed a few times and packs on a decent amount of color without streaking. I haven't lost any bristles or had a loose ferrule, but seriously, a little Superglue handles the looseness issue nicely.

I think as a foundation brush, it's too small and stiff, so I wouldn't use it for that. But as an eyeshadow brush to lay down a lot of foundational eyeshadow at once, it works very well. Useful for old broads like me who have to cover up all the red, purple, veiny yuck on our lids and browbones...and would like to be able to do it in two swipes, not ten!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

as a foundation i wouldnt use it at all....i cant do my foundation with these kind of brushes....so i tried it for other make up applications and i just cant use it for my face....i just added it to my painting brushes and it works better there lol

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by shelbydoesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush for the price, applies my foundation evenly and blends well. Just don't get anything but the bristles wet. The glue came apart on mine when I was washing my brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation brush performance is good considering it was only $1 at Target. I have had 2 brushes. Only because 1 was misplaced. When I first started using this brush the application was tricky. I would be left with streaks of foundation on my face. But the second brush I got I recently started experimenting using GossMakeupArtist (from Youtube) was demonstrating How To Get Rid Of Pores Instantly. Sort of stippling the brush with the foundation (funny and weird I know) which worked out great for me. I would like to still purchase a flat top stippling brush for multiple uses maybe Sonia K. or Sigma. But I totally recommend this brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ProDreemer

It's such a cheap yet great brush. I use it to apply the foundation and blend it with my fingers. Works great.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by nyanwatson23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a bunch of E.L.F brushes when I saw these at the Dollar Tree a few months ago. I like the packaging on all of these because for the most part, they don't get damaged if I travel with them in the little package they come in. I like the other ones that I got (the angled bronzer and eyeshadow brush) but this one doesn't work very well, it definitely doesn't work with tinted moisturizers, and it was still kinda streaky with foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It gets the job done, I haven't tried any other brushes to compare to, but I find that it doesn't streak and it is a good deal considering the price ($1)