April 17, 2014 | 1551 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by violingrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on my 4th or 5th tub of this now and i LOVE it. It's technically a scrub, but it's super gentle. I use this every couple of days (I use Purity Made Simple the rest of the time) and it keeps my skin smooth, soft, and hydrated. I also use this to scrub my legs before I shave, and it keeps razor burn at bay. This is a really excellent product, well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by marthamagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best cleanser ever for my skin.
When I turned 20 I suddenly started getting spots and I used all the harsh face washes out there to find that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide didn't work on my skin, they just make it sore because it's so sensitive.

I turned to Lush about a year ago and decided that Angels was the right cleanser for me. When I first bought it I was immediately put off by the smell as it's rather strong, but I got used to it and oh my god, the difference to my skin was incredible, I stopped getting new spots and the redness calmed down as did the oiliness on my t-zone. I eventually ran out of money as a poor student and had to stop buying it.
A year later my skin was a total mess again after going on a different pill which totally ruined my face and then changing to a nicer one. However I still had really bad spots so I decided to try the ultrabland challenge which stopped my spots from hurting but I was still having massive breakouts every other day, so I decided to try Angels again and 2 days into using it again my skin is clearing up, my spots aren't painful and I don't have any new spots either.
I now use ultrabland to remove my makeup at night and angels in the morning and my skin is getting better and better.
This is such a good product for acne prone combination skin as it moisturises whilst balancing and I could not recommend it more!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by 7hills

I love hand-made, natural cosmetics, I love the idea behind them and I love the fact that most of them work great on my skin. I was looking for a gentle daily cleanser which would not irritate my eczema-prone skin and after reading a lot of great reviews I decided to buy Angels on Bare Skin.

I use it in the shower, because it can get quite messy - it contains grounded almonds and lavender flowers. The consistency reminds me a bit of a play-dough, probably because of the clay. I love the smell, I love that it gently exfoliates without being harsh. You don't need much to wash your whole face, just a pea size or so.

After using it my skin feels really clean, at the same time it's soft and moisturized, the cleanser leaves a subtle film on the skin, but nothing greasy. Lush say "Angels on Bare Skin evens out skin tone, reduces redness and improves the health and appearance of your skin – giving a natural healthy glow." - it definitely reduces redness and makes my skin look very nice.

The product is supposed to be used within 3 months since the production date and I noticed that this is exactly how much it takes me to use up the 100g pot.

I also have a review of AoBS here: http://7hillsofbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/05/lush-angels-on-bare-skin.html

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by gracerivera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Usually, I'm one of those people that products never work for me. However, I can honestly say this case was different! I've been using this face wash for a few months and I can totally say it has changed my complexion. I usually have very oily and acne-prone skin, but this makes my face feel soft and has left me acne free! I will definetely keep purchasing this. Thanks LUSH!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this in the morning, when I'm groggy and don't want anything harsh or zingy. The lavender scent of this eases me back into the real world, instead of the violent shock you get from some morning facial cleansers. I took off a lippy because I found that this wasn't effective as a makeup remover. Gives a very gentle exfoliation, cleanses, and leaves skin soft and feeling fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use LUSH products religiously, but now i just find them overrated, expensive and i really dislike the flimsy packaging - when i bought this product it used to come in a small clear plastic case. now i believe they just wrap it up in paper.
I found this product to do absolutely nothing for my skin. my skin is not overcome with acne, but i do get the odd spot here and there. i disliked the consistency, it is very odd and hard to explain. it is soft, but feels bitty also. the smell is not particularly pleasant, and it is difficult to wash off as i found it clings to the skin.
the only good thing i can say is that LUSH do try and use mostly natural products and stay true to that, which is why i still shop there occasionally (normally to buy LUSH colour supplement which is fab!)
however..sorry LUSH, this is yet another product i am disappointed in.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found that this product wasn't horrible but it did over dry my skin and make it look kind of red. my pores also seemed more noticeable and my makeup didn't go on as well. I can tell it would probably work for someone though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lush says it only takes a smidgen of their Angels on Bare Skin to get "heavenly soft and balanced skin. The kaolin clay base deep cleanses while ground almonds gently exfoliates the dead skin away, Rose and lavender are added to sooth and help balance out combination skin." Angels on Bare Skin is a worldwide best seller. This was actually the first ever Lush product I tried, it was used on me in a demo in my very first trip to the Lush in Macy's in downtown Pittsburgh. I never forgot the way this cleanser made my skin feel, so I requested a sample at my last Lush visit. An 8.4 oz container of Angels on Bare Skin retails for $28.95, but I believe you can choose how much you want in store. Angels on Bare Skin is vegan friendly and preservative free. Lush is a cruelty free brand. My chunk of this solid cleanser was made in Canada.
I'm not really sure how Angels on Bare Skin is meant to be packaged. I've seen it in the traditional Lush black tub, in a clear tub, or wrapped in paper. My sample came in a paper and scotch tape catastrophe, thrown together by a Lush associate that was clearly blazed out of her mind and feeling very creative. I do know that Angels on Bare Skin is a big chunk of clay based cleanser with some seeds in it. Lush employees cut pieces off to order, so you can get any size you request if you buy in store.
The texture of Angels on Bare Skin is very interesting, unlike any other skincare product I've ever encountered. This cleanser is a very crumbly paste that gets even more fragile once its wet. I use only a small chunk of Angels on Bare Skin by rubbing it over damp skin. This cleanser gently exfoliates the skin while the clay base absorbs excess oils. The little seeds don't seem to do much of anything except get stuck in my sink's drain. I only use Angels on Bare Skin in the morning, since it doesn't seem to remove makeup very well. It can be a little difficult to rinse this cleanser off, so take your time. The results are fabulous, Angels on Bare Skin leaves the skin exceptionally soft and smooth. This cleanser is very balancing, it pulls just the right amount of oil off the skin without stripping i. Angels on Bare Skin is really excellent for my normal to combination skin that's been slightly oilier lately. What I find really impressive about this Lush cleanser is that it seems to be helping even out my skin tone. My only complaint about Angels on Bare Skin is the scent, which is really herbal and lavender based. I hate lavender. Luckily the scent doesn't linger, and even if it did, the awesome results would allow me to look past it.
I love Angels on Bare Skin, its really an amazing exfoliating cleanser that softens and balances my skin. I think I may actually prefer Angels on Bare Skin over my beloved Ocean Salt scrub. I'm going to look into purchasing Angels on Bare Skin on my next trip to Lush, if it isn't too expensive. I definitely encourage all of my readers to try Angels on Bare Skin, it'll suit all skin tones, just avoid it if you have a nut allergy or sensitivity.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by MissAtomicB0mb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this cleanser but I'm currently using herbalism due to the fact it is designed to tackle spots more than Angels is.

I used this consistently for around 5 months before getting bored & trying other (non Lush) brands. But I found my way back to this after I decided to overhaul my beauty regime into being 100% vegan & animal friendly.

You are meant to take a pea sized amount and mix it in your hands till its a milky consistency before massaging into the skin. I found this method lacking however, and I prefer to use a blueberry or 2 sized amount and apply it directly to my face without mixing it in my hands first. I feel like I get a lot more of the product on my skin this way and it spreads fairly easily allowing my to really work it into my skin.

Consistency wise it's a crumbly paste in the tub which turns milky with a good massage. At first I felt like it wasn't cleaning my skin at all as rubbing in a milk is different to rubbing in suds/foam or a gel & I felt like I was just using water. However once I rinsed it off and dried my face it felt sooooo cleansed and soft. It can feel like a little film is left on the skin (its doesn't look greasy or shiny though) but I like this as its like a veil of moisture has been left behind on the skin. It evens out skin tone extremely well and my skin looks a lot brighter after using this.

I think that it smells lovely too! you can really smell the lavender.

This cleanser isn't strong enough to remove makeup however, so I'd always use a wipe first. To be fair to the product however it isn't designed as a makeup remover (Angels on Bare Skin is kinda a clue to its purpose) it's also not gritty or grainy so you don't get an exfoliation effect like you do with herbalism (which is a lot grainier) but again that's not what it's designed for.

It lasts a month or so and is best used fresh but it's a lot cheaper than some brands & I happily shell out for new one every month.

It's vegan & animal friendly & as natural as possible and they are all bonuses in my book. All in all if skin tone is your main skin concern & you dont wear alot of makeup/dont mind removing it first then this cleanser is highly recommended. However if you have a lot of blemishes or use a lot of makeup & would rather not have to go through a separate removal routine then maybe a another cleanser would be better for you.

The only reason I'm not using this at the minute is because it doesn't help with spots (for me at least) it didn't make me breakout but it didn't do anything for the spots I already had. If my blemishes calm down I'll gladly make the switch back to this cleanser in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this cleanser! This is a very gentle cleanser and it smells like lavender which I love. I have combination oily skin but my skin is very clear. Luckily, I've never had to deal with acne. The only issue I have is an oily t-zone. I don't like using harsh cleansers because I feel like they just make my face even oilier. This cleanser exfoliates just the right amount and leaves my skin feeling incredibly smooth and soft! I'm on my second pot already!