September 21, 2014 | 1802 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JenJean

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is ridiculous how much i love this product! I don't really like the smell of it and it is rather ugly to look at, plus difficult to use, but - WOW!!! it does wonderful things to my skin! It will likely become a HG product for me, one i can never be without. Need to stay with it for a few weeks to be sure. it gives my skin an amazing texture; it's just never felt so smooth and even. It feels very clean and slightly moisturized. After a few days, it has not caused any problems like dryness or clogging. it has been wonderful on my skin and it's a huge plus that it has so few ingredients and is a fairly "natural" product. Thank you LUSH! I love love love it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

I bought this in October so here's my review.

First Impression: Nice lavender smell, doesn't look as good. Tried it out in the shop and it gave me a nice smooth texture.

As Lush is quite expensive in Singapore, I tend to make sure I get the most out of it. Plus I use my cleanser everyday so I have somewhat high expectations of it.

Application: As with other Lush cleansers, it is quite a chore to make sure that 1) hands are dry before putting fingers into the tub 2) Use enough water to mix it - not too much so that it will get washed down or too little that it will not come together.

I always use my cleanser in my home so it is still quite manageable. Can't imagine for someone who travels or people who wants to use this in the gym. Normally if I overslept, I will skip this cleanser and use my HG Philosophy Cleanser instead.

I do like the slight exfoliating effect from using this cleanser, and of cos my face feels really smooth too. Only thing is I realized there's this slight layer of oil/residue on my hands after washing it off. Thank goodness it doesn't break me out, but it does make it troublesome to wash my hair after that.

It does improve my skin condition but I am not sure if I will repurchase as there are definitely better and easier cleansers out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Mellkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought AOBS a month ago after being told by the sales rep it was a nice alternative to the harsh Dark Angels. I like the packaging as its compact compared to regular cleanser bottles and it stays fresh. I don't find the application messy at all unlike other reviews I have read. After using it routinely of a morning and after dark Angels of a night, I find if is a gentle cleanser that is slightly oily in nature. It would benefit someone with dry skin who doesn't want to clog their pores. Not sure if I'd buy again as I love a harsher cleanser however I feel if would be great for a winter cleanser!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to invest more in my skincare routine and opted for natural ingredients. Although I would never shell so much for a skin cleanser, seeing everyone liking this cleanser, I decided to give it a try.

My skin is oily, but it is on the drier side in the beginning of the day. By two hours my skin gets oily (unlucky me). Since I have redness and blemishes, I thought this cleanser should do me good. My skin is also sensitive, gets easily red by just cleansing with any solution, ie. micellar solution, or by drying it in a towl.

Here are my thoughts:
1) it isn't a soapy cleanser so it is a little bit messy dispersing it with water on your face. I don't like this application method.
2) it doesn't clean at all, or at least good. So before you buy, note following. I decided to skip my milk for cleaning my foundation and went straight for washing my face. I applied AOBS and massaged it thoroughly in my skin. But, due to the buttery layer that is always left when cleansing with AOBS, it didn't remove anything from my face. While my skin was still wet, I took a cotton pad and started removing my makeup. Imagine how my cotton pad looked like... So, this cleanser should be your *final* step toward cleaning your face. I advise using a lotion afterwards to remove the left layer of this cleanser if you want to have a cleaner face.
3) the buttery layer that is left after cleansing your face with AOBS is a nice feature if your skin is very dry. It isn't too slippery, but I am afraid of getting clogged pores by it. Their ultrabalm gave me the most horrible breakout ever. Clogged pores, cystic acne.
4) I don't think the price justifies the quality of this cleanser. If you are willing to pay more, go more higher end, or go for NovExpert, Yves Rocher, The Body Shop, Himalaya, L'occitane or similar, who are on the white list, don't test on animals, and have natural active ingredients, AND some of them have eco-certificates!

After using a couple of Lush products, I am pretty disappointed with them. I like their concept, but I don't get how a) they so imperiously put high prices and b) how they got THIS popular. I really don't get it.

After I finish all my Lush products, I won't spend a dime on them. I feel like I've been robbed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by mwalter95

I only use this in the morning on bare skin and wow it's such a relief to wash my face with something so purely clean and natural. The smell is fantastic it feels great. Thank you lush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by amandajaynalyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for just a few weeks, but I love it. Before this I would alternate between St. Ives apricot scrub to exfoliate, and gentler products like Cetaphil. Using St. Ives would dry out my skin a lot and leave my skin pretty flaky and my makeup would look kind of gross, so I'd have to compensate with the moisturizing cleansers.
Anyway, back to angels. this product is not harsh on my skin at all. I could skip moisturizing at night, as I take Differn 3.0, and it would be totally fine. My skin would not look dry and flaky, but it also wouldn't be really oily. I started breaking out a lot before starting this, I'm not quite sure why, but while it doesn't seem to be making the existing breakouts go away I have noticed that I have stopped breaking out. It is a soft exfoliator and it leaves my skin feeling so nice.
I gave it a four for two minor reasons: I hate the way it is packaged and it can be really messy to deal with starting out. They give it to you in a little tupperware and the idea of it is really foreign to me, but I have been getting used to it. I know some people use little spatulas to scoop it out, and maybe you find it gross but oh well, I just carefully pull out a piece with clean fingers while I shower. You have to find a good water to product ratio our it won't be pasty enough to work into your skin. Other than that it is amazing, it is kind of costly, I bought $17 worth and the lady told me it should last for about 3 months at least. But I wll definitely keep buying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I picked up a tub of this when I went back to LUSH for more Aqua Marine. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and have to say that I don't understand the hype around this product. I feel that it is mediocre, at best, as a cleanser and exfoliant. I prefer a more stimulating and slightly grittier scrub when exfoliating my skin, this was more gummy than gritty. I also couldn't really scrub my forehead well since it gets caught up in my hairline and makes my hair really gummy. I will use the tub I purchased but will not be rushing back to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kiki94x

I used this back when I still had normal skin, without problems. I have no complaints about it, but it didn't really do anything for my skin and I felt it didn't clean my skin really good. I don't particularly like the smell, but it didn't put me off or something. I dislike the packaging though: I thought it wasn't very hygienic because you have to put your fingers in the product every time you use it.

I used the whole jar and liked it, but it isn't something I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Lottieslee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing product helped my skin so much and lasts for weeks. Value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Ju1i9

I went through around 3 pots of this earlier this year & I loved it. The problem is I'm very fickle with products & I change what I use all the time. There's so much out on the market to try :')
However I am now back to using this & have vowed never to stray again. Nothing makes my skin nicer than this product.

I have extremely spot prone skin, mostly around my chin, mouth & jawline & sometimes my cheeks but that's only if the breakout is particularly severe which thankfully is not often. I do seem to have at least one or two spots on my skin at any given time though with maybe a week at most of clear skin if I'm lucky.
As well as "active" spots I have slight red "scarring" on the sides of my cheeks from blemishes that never fully healed or went away. They aren't a big issue as they are flat & foundation covers them with ease but I'd love for them to get lost!!

As well as spots I have very slight oiliness on my t zone (I had awfully oily skin as a teenager but now it's a lot less so) & normal cheeks.
In terms of skin tone, I'd say it was uneven & prone to redness especially my nose.

When I first decided to get a Lush cleanser I was torn over whether or not get this one. It is not designed for my skin type and I wear make up pretty much all the time and this is designed for bare skin (hence the name) however I eventually chose this one but I can't remember what made me make that decision? Possibly all the good reviews on the site? Whatever I'm glad I did!

It's a solid earthy pale green cleanser in a small black tub with a screw on lid. All the tubs I have bought have been packed to brim with a ton of product. They cram an awful lot into the small package so don't be put off by the small tub. It has a crumbly texture and slightly dry appearance but it is actually rather moist to the touch.

I break a small amount off (with dry hands!!) wet it with a little water & massage directly onto my wet face. I really rub the product in for a good minute or so before rinsing.
It may be important to note that I only wash my face once a day, at night before bed & have done for a while. If you wash twice then it won't last as long as it does for me.

It took a while to get used to it not having a lather. For some reason I felt my skin wasn't being cleaned because it wasn't lathering. But once I rinse and dry my skin feels so soft and calm and clean. Very, very clean.
Also I remove my makeup with a face wipe! I would have to cleanse with this twice to feel like all of my makeup had been removed, this would mean it being used up twice as fast which I didn't want!
I really don't mind using a wipe anyways but if you do mind the extra step in your routine then be warned. This won't remove make up that well on its own! And to be fair the product doesn't claim it will.

It doesn't make any spot fighting claims either but this stuff shrinks my spots like no other!! The scars I have had on my jawline for months now are starting to fade very quickly and when I began using this again I was suffering from the worst breakout in a while. Sore, angry spots on my chin, upper lip, jawline and cheek. It's been around a week and I have only 2 spots left and they are close to disappearing also!

Scent wise it's very lavender. I love lavender and I love this products soft gentle scent. It's something to bear in mind if you don't however.