September 18, 2014 | 2060 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Nu

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by thalia

Cedar City.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 5:48:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ten years ago I would have loved this fragrance. That was during my femme fatale phase where I wore nothing but heady orientals. Since then my taste has become a little more broad and, dare I say, sophisticated, and Nu no longer appeals to me. The idea of it does- cedar, spice, incense, pepper, orchid, leather- but there's just something in it that I don't like. At first instance I detect something really stenchworthy, like dog poo and sweat, then it softens and becomes something else repellent- like a musty, locked-up old house- so that's probably it. At any rate, I'll not be rebuying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2005 1:09:00 AM More reviews by meme527

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well, i am not usually wishy washy, but i keep going back and forth about this. it has many moods, some of them downright cheap. when you initially put it on, it is SO strong - and i am not a shy perfume girl, i love chyphre, woods, orientals. i think it is the cedar that is somehow offensive. there is a smell that is just dirty here. and in the middle there is some odd chemical that wakes me up, like a hum/buzz in the background.

but when it warms up, i smell vanilla, and that smoky incense. i love cardomom, and was hoping i'd get a very clear hit of that, but the spices are enveloped in something sweet.

this is the most androgynous scent i've used, and it is new to me - i just got it today. i'll wear it tomorrow with the proper attire and see how it grows.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2005 11:35:00 PM More reviews by SMELLMENOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

IT'S A MORE GROWN UP SCENT, I BOUGHT IT FOR ME BUT GAVE IT TO MY MOM, IT SMELLS NICE ON HER SINCE SHE LIKES OPIUM.THESE ARE PERFUMES WITH CHARACTER.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this at Marshall's today for a really good price. The only problem is I bought it before I sampled it.

I left the store, opened the package and spritzed a tiny bit on. I then turned right back around and returned it!

On my skin, it reminded me of a 7th grade guy that goes overboard with Drakkar or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sands1974

This review is for the edp (I also love the edt and plan to get it for layering). This is the most gorgeous tainted incense scent I have ever smelled. Merely the mention of wild orchid describes the mood for me. Apologies for not writing a more content based review, but this one makes me emotional:)
Super sexy, weird packaging which somehow fits, keeps my nose glued to my wrists...reminds me of the hottest nights out I've ever had.
Presented by a Serge Lutens/ Shiseido SA at the Berlin Galeries Lafayette, it was like being given a jewel. Nursed a sample and bit the bullet buying the purse size spray (30 ml), even at a discount I find it slightly pricey for a non-niche or a mainstream perfume.
It seems, and I hope, it is here to stay. Mysterious, alluring, brooding, spot and bang on IMO, a bit heavy handed and brash, but sweetly, like a swath of dark blue envelopping satin silk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this EDP at Marshall's for about $11 and all I have to say is, this is the best buy of 2005 for me. Starts out with a sort of in your face peppery cardamom leather and has the most gorgeous dry down, but I all get is a creamy sandalwood, which is fine by me. I didn't get the sweat or anything vile. I can smell the sandalwood the next morning. The bottle is way cool, super easy to tote in a purse, not that you need to touch this baby up very often. If it's discontinued, I'll weep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome, awesome scent here. I am reviewing the edp. It goes on with a very heavy pepper and leather/cedar smell. The drydown is probably the best i have ever smelled in a perfume. It's very smooth and creamy. I guess its the orchid in it. This perfume truly evolves the longer you have it on and thats what i love about it. This is a little similiar to DK's Black Cashmere but the drydown in Nu is MUCH nicer. I consider this to be unisex scent and could be a men's scent even. I have heard that this is discontinued but i hope its not. I would be very disappointed if it is. Oh, one more thing, be careful with the trigger on this one because a torrent of juice comes out when pressed!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 11:43:00 AM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Heavy on the cedar. Smells a bit like cedar shavings from a gerbil terrarium, which may not be a bad thing in someone's mind. Only a wee bit sweet. You get a carrot-cakey overtone to the cedar. You have to love the wood scents to go for this. The bottle is wild -- unique. Four weeks later: this stuff on drydown is pure dynamite. I have ha dmore compliments. On drydown it is cold, woody, a tad mineral-like and it has that Passage D'Enfer aura.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by jeuxjal0ux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a huge fan of this on me personally, but it does smell fantastic on my mom, a little pricy but a nice perfume none the less.