MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this shadow! It's very unique, and looks amazing with Club.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was very doubtful of this shade. I had a pushy SA say it would look great with my skintone, and she was right! It is such a complex pearly light pinky-green-grey-taupe shade. It looked great with Trax and Twinks in the crease with Shroom on the browbone.

Normally, whenever I go to MAC I know exactly what I want to buy before I even get there. However, when I saw this gorgeous eyeshadow I immediately bought it. It's an absolutely beautiful, unique slivery-mint color with pink reflex. The pigmentation is fantastic, and I find that I can easily build it up or tone it down to make the pink frost more or less apparent, put even one swipe leaves an opaque color. I like to pair this eyeshadow with Satin Taupe, but I hear that Copperplate works well for others too. This eyeshadow is a reminder of why we spend the extra dough for MAC!

NW20 here and I am still experimenting on this one. Not sure I should have to put in so much work to make a shadow look good! :) After reading through all of these comments I paired it up with copperplate. I tried Vex on the lid and Copperplate in the crease which seems to be an HG combo for many. This came out greenish grey and awful on me. When I put copperplate on the lid and layered Vex over it that worked much better but still wasn't great. This is a really beautiful unique es that I'm sure looks gorgeous on the right person but that would not be me. I've seen some suggestions here that I plan on trying just so I don't feel bad about buying it, so maybe I'll be back to update.

This eyeshadow reminds me of my former Stila Cloud shadow- a silver grey. Only this has some green in it and beige depending on where the light hits it or the eyeshadow base you use it with. I find it more difficult to blend than cloud, but then I generally find stila eyeshadows more easy to blend in general. I love this as a wash over my lid with sable in the crease and all that glitters on my browbone. Lovely, but I don't reach for it too often.

One of the few MAC shadows I wouldn't be without - this lives in my go-to quad of neutrals, alongside All That Glitters, Patina, and Copperplate. Gorgeous unique colour, silvery with pink/green duochrome, but still appropriate for an everyday neutral eye on my very pale, fairly cool skintone. Great texture and easy to work with. I use this almost every time I wear eyeshadow. Definitely one of my better MAC purchases!

This is a must for me. I love it so much. It a duochrome: grey with a hint of green and pink. I just can't imagine living without it LOL. I have pretty wrinkly skin on my lids, as my skin there is super thin. I was worried that this eyeshadow would emphasize wrinklimness, but it did the opposite!!!
eeemmm....simply love it.
Im NW15

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I just purchased Vex. Duochrome eyehsadow with pink, silver, grey?, purple. I usually wear neutrals such as All That Glitters or other champagne like colors on my lids. My hair is dark brown, green eyes. Vex is still neutral but adds a pop of color. Today I wore this color with black eyeliner and mascara and loved it. I imagine this color would go with many colors. I wore it over top fo UDPP but also plan on experimenting with bare canvas paint as a base. I would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am not going to say anything more about this color other than what everybody else has to say about this. I LOVE VEX. I go through this color so quick. Thank goodness I have a MAC store close by so I wouldn't have to order it online. Try it. I swear it almost goes with everything and you can do so much with it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Vex is a gorgeous and very unique color. It's a duochrome shadow that looks silvery-beige in the pan (yes, that's what it looks like! LOL), then has a bright purple-pink reflect. depending on what colored base you use, it pops a different color. pigmentation is strong and texture is buttery, easy to apply and blend. love it!

Top Rated MAC Products