July 30, 2014 | 1796 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by sthomas1

One of the few MAC shadows I wouldn't be without - this lives in my go-to quad of neutrals, alongside All That Glitters, Patina, and Copperplate. Gorgeous unique colour, silvery with pink/green duochrome, but still appropriate for an everyday neutral eye on my very pale, fairly cool skintone. Great texture and easy to work with. I use this almost every time I wear eyeshadow. Definitely one of my better MAC purchases!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a must for me. I love it so much. It a duochrome: grey with a hint of green and pink. I just can't imagine living without it LOL. I have pretty wrinkly skin on my lids, as my skin there is super thin. I was worried that this eyeshadow would emphasize wrinklimness, but it did the opposite!!!
eeemmm....simply love it.
Im NW15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I just purchased Vex. Duochrome eyehsadow with pink, silver, grey?, purple. I usually wear neutrals such as All That Glitters or other champagne like colors on my lids. My hair is dark brown, green eyes. Vex is still neutral but adds a pop of color. Today I wore this color with black eyeliner and mascara and loved it. I imagine this color would go with many colors. I wore it over top fo UDPP but also plan on experimenting with bare canvas paint as a base. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by RachelCouture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not going to say anything more about this color other than what everybody else has to say about this. I LOVE VEX. I go through this color so quick. Thank goodness I have a MAC store close by so I wouldn't have to order it online. Try it. I swear it almost goes with everything and you can do so much with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Vex is a gorgeous and very unique color. It's a duochrome shadow that looks silvery-beige in the pan (yes, that's what it looks like! LOL), then has a bright purple-pink reflect. depending on what colored base you use, it pops a different color. pigmentation is strong and texture is buttery, easy to apply and blend. love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Vex is a very cool, very unique shadow. It can go from subtle to really interesting depending on the type of base you use with it. I had never tried any of MAC's Frost formula shadows, but I do like this one. It is a little softer than other MAC shadows I've used, but it still performs nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by biddi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! Im quite fair (NW15) and find the best way to get the "duo-chrome" effect to show is to use on top of groundwork paint pot. I take my 217 apply my pp on my lid and blend it up to just above my crease then take my 239 and pack vex on the lid then blend the edge into the pp with the 217, thus I do not have to add a crease colour and all I add is some brown liner and mascara and I'm done. easy peesy work look which I wear quite often.
I would deff buy again but that prob wont be for a fair while yet!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

Not much to be said about Vex that hasn't already been said! Beautiful colour, works with many colours. Texture is velvety and smooth, and lasting power is of course very good. Nice pigmentation. As another reviewer mentioned, it's a great way to add a little something extra to a neutral eye; I could see this being beautiful on any skintone.

Some of my favourite applications of Vex:
- Sheer layer of Vex overtop of Club, or vice versa (or of course using either one in the crease/on the lid)
- Vex on the lid, Sketch in the crease (Cranberry or Blackberry work nicely too)
- I've made a nice eye with Vex and Steamy as well, for those who are a little more adventurous with bluey-greens! I put a sheer layer of Steamy on the lid, and put a wash of Vex overtop
- And of course, Vex makes a gorgeous highlight

Wonderful, unique colour. I will definitely repurchase.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by CityOfAngels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my favourite eyeshadow.I think it is a unique and beautiful colour.Blends like a dream.Texture is very smooth and soft.Would recommend to anyone and will be repuchasing it myself.
www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

another all time fav from mac shadows.i love iridescent colors,and this one is really pretty.it can be paired with every shade.but i mostly i use it alone.when i am not in the mood for spending time on a serious eye make up,i cover my eyelid and tear duck with it,then blend with 217,and smudge my eye pencil.it instantly brightens my eyes.and since it is not a boring neutral shade,it gives some pop to your make up
either.i also love layering vex over black eyeliner,as every iridescent color does,it instantly creates a new color from your usual dark one.it has a good quality,pigmented and blends easily.this is one of the rare shadows that someday i will hit the pan and buy again