MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 7/1/2011 12:39:00 AM

Normally, whenever I go to MAC I know exactly what I want to buy before I even get there. However, when I saw this gorgeous eyeshadow I immediately bought it. It's an absolutely beautiful, unique slivery-mint color with pink reflex. The pigmentation is fantastic, and I find that I can easily build it up or tone it down to make the pink frost more or less apparent, put even one swipe leaves an opaque color. I like to pair this eyeshadow with Satin Taupe, but I hear that Copperplate works well for others too. This eyeshadow is a reminder of why we spend the extra dough for MAC!

on 5/28/2011 8:09:00 PM

NW20 here and I am still experimenting on this one. Not sure I should have to put in so much work to make a shadow look good! :) After reading through all of these comments I paired it up with copperplate. I tried Vex on the lid and Copperplate in the crease which seems to be an HG combo for many. This came out greenish grey and awful on me. When I put copperplate on the lid and layered Vex over it that worked much better but still wasn't great. This is a really beautiful unique es that I'm sure looks gorgeous on the right person but that would not be me. I've seen some suggestions here that I plan on trying just so I don't feel bad about buying it, so maybe I'll be back to update.

on 5/24/2011 10:35:00 PM

This eyeshadow reminds me of my former Stila Cloud shadow- a silver grey. Only this has some green in it and beige depending on where the light hits it or the eyeshadow base you use it with. I find it more difficult to blend than cloud, but then I generally find stila eyeshadows more easy to blend in general. I love this as a wash over my lid with sable in the crease and all that glitters on my browbone. Lovely, but I don't reach for it too often.

on 5/15/2011 5:41:00 AM

One of the few MAC shadows I wouldn't be without - this lives in my go-to quad of neutrals, alongside All That Glitters, Patina, and Copperplate. Gorgeous unique colour, silvery with pink/green duochrome, but still appropriate for an everyday neutral eye on my very pale, fairly cool skintone. Great texture and easy to work with. I use this almost every time I wear eyeshadow. Definitely one of my better MAC purchases!

on 5/11/2011 9:43:00 AM

This is a must for me. I love it so much. It a duochrome: grey with a hint of green and pink. I just can't imagine living without it LOL. I have pretty wrinkly skin on my lids, as my skin there is super thin. I was worried that this eyeshadow would emphasize wrinklimness, but it did the opposite!!!
eeemmm....simply love it.
Im NW15

on 5/10/2011 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I just purchased Vex. Duochrome eyehsadow with pink, silver, grey?, purple. I usually wear neutrals such as All That Glitters or other champagne like colors on my lids. My hair is dark brown, green eyes. Vex is still neutral but adds a pop of color. Today I wore this color with black eyeliner and mascara and loved it. I imagine this color would go with many colors. I wore it over top fo UDPP but also plan on experimenting with bare canvas paint as a base. I would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am not going to say anything more about this color other than what everybody else has to say about this. I LOVE VEX. I go through this color so quick. Thank goodness I have a MAC store close by so I wouldn't have to order it online. Try it. I swear it almost goes with everything and you can do so much with it!

on 4/20/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Vex is a gorgeous and very unique color. It's a duochrome shadow that looks silvery-beige in the pan (yes, that's what it looks like! LOL), then has a bright purple-pink reflect. depending on what colored base you use, it pops a different color. pigmentation is strong and texture is buttery, easy to apply and blend. love it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Vex is a very cool, very unique shadow. It can go from subtle to really interesting depending on the type of base you use with it. I had never tried any of MAC's Frost formula shadows, but I do like this one. It is a little softer than other MAC shadows I've used, but it still performs nicely.

on 2/21/2011 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love this! Im quite fair (NW15) and find the best way to get the "duo-chrome" effect to show is to use on top of groundwork paint pot. I take my 217 apply my pp on my lid and blend it up to just above my crease then take my 239 and pack vex on the lid then blend the edge into the pp with the 217, thus I do not have to add a crease colour and all I add is some brown liner and mascara and I'm done. easy peesy work look which I wear quite often.
I would deff buy again but that prob wont be for a fair while yet!

Top Rated MAC Products