January 28, 2015 | 1924 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't really color my hair anymore so I can't speak to that, but I do have VERY dry hair and just as dry a scalp, and for that it works wonders. The consistency is almost conditioner like and it leaves both my hair and my scalp feeling nicely moisturized. Love that! Only down side is the price, which I know compared to certain brands isn't so bad (cough, pureology, cough) but for a college student can get pretty steep. Luckily (because of my dry scalp) I don't wash my hair too often, so it lasts forever!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kdscott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have highlighted hair and my stylist recommended this Redken Shampoo to me. I have combo hair with greasy roots, but dry ends. I liked the Redken shampoo for awhile. It made my slightly damaged hair softer and more manageable. However, after 2 months of solid use, it made my hair oily like I hadn't washed it that day. I thought maybe that I hadn't washed out all the shampoo from my hair, but I got the same result the next several washes. After that, I binned it.

I really couldn't tell if the color "extend" part made any difference in the my time between highlighting visits. I really don't think it did. So, I guess a fail on that part as well.

I tried the Redken shampoo a year later when I was staying at my parent's house and it was the only shampoo available. Had the same oily-haired result as before. Definitely will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by nilegna

I bought this shampoo and conditioner since i recently went from black to a pretty light brown with blonde highlights. I bought it in hopes that it would keep my hair from fading and getting brassy, but that obviously did not occur. It lathers alright, the smell is decent, but it's pretty pricey for a shampoo that doesn't really extend my color. I would say that if it did, it probably extends it another week at most.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This one is just ok. It worked for me for the first few washes, but I found that it didn't remove buildup as well as I would have liked. Scent is fine, very mild, decent lather... but I'd pass on buying it again. There are others out there that work a little better and cost less.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by missd1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this when I dyed my hair from Blond to Red Violet! It worked nicely. My hair felt soft and it was not hard to manage. My my curls soft and the ends looked amazing. I bought this in the 1L bottle. It was expensive too! I bought the double with conditioner for 55 bucks which is cheap where I live. I would buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by texasangel140

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I colored my hair for the very first time last summer and Ulta had this on sale, so I picked this and the conditioner up. It worked great for a few weeks but then it started leaving a ridiculous amount of build up in my hair. I even gave it a break for a few months and used it again and after that first wash, the build up was back. Also, the cap on my bottle snapped off, so beware of that. I wish I hadn't bought the liter because I have 3/4ths left and no use for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

Having lost a colour job after doing a few olive oil treatments, I decided to use a shampoo that would extend my color and keep the creeping greys at bay. There is no significant smell to write about, and it is somewhat sudsy, but it fails to extend the colour. For the price, this is no different than a Live or Suave shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by fizzyskittlez

I used this for 3 weeks when I was with my friend in Florida, and we both have dyed hair. Obviously, this shampoo was supposed to be for colored hair and that's why we had it. HOWEVER, it failed to do anything good for my hair. If anything, it made it frizzy and oily, and highly unmanageable. I will never buy this again. And the bottle is cheaply made, because the cap broke off easily, making the shampoo just pour out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by more_spraygel_please

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Way to heavy of a shampoo for fine hair. I tried using this shamppo without a conditioner, and still my hair felt weighed down and greasy.

Cons:
Left my hair feeling greasy all day

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

not sure how much it is my stylist gave me some samples. the fact I've only used it twice I can't say how it works for color treatment, but all I know is it didn't really clean out my hair very good. not sure if it's the product or the fact that it's only a color treatment shampoo. it smells awesome, though!