MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 4/12/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was a disappointment for me. The duo-chrome color is awesome, but it is just not pigmented enough! When I use it to make a smokey eye it comes out patchy and it doesn't blend well. The color is very unique though so I don't hate it, however the beautiful smokey eye I envisioned with Club just isn't going to happen. Instead I use it in the outer corner and adds another dimension to your e/s combo that is really unique.

on 3/30/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

II love Club! I will agree with some other reviewers who said that it definitely doesnít show up on the lid like it does in the pan, but that doesnít make me like it any less! It has some great duo-chrome in it and makes it pair well with most of my eyeshadows. I like that itís easy to apply and blend, and can be applied light or heavy for a smokier look. Definitely will repurchase!

on 3/11/2012 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I think Club is beautiful! I have brown eyes but I think it will look best on green eyes. Club is greenish-brown with purple and violet duo chrome. I love the duo chrome in this. It looks so amazing.This eye shadow is definitely not too pigmented. For the price it should be more pigmented, but if you can get it how you want this is a perfect eye shadow color. My favorite place to wear this is the outer corner. It is a color just dark enough.

on 3/2/2012 8:04:00 PM

Love this super versatile shade.It was one that for years I laughed at when people recommended it to me, both the red brown, and the emerald green seem to be ridiculous to me. HOWEVER- it looks amazing with warm skin and brings out previously unknown green tones in my brown eyes. I use it frequently in the crease over anything shimmery and light, and then wet with an angle brush as a liner. I get a pretty solid green out of the liner portion, especially if I layer it over black gel liner.

on 2/28/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried so hard to like this product, but I just... don't. I get very little color pay-off no matter how I apply it (brush, sponge-tip, wet, dry) and none of that gorgeous green reflects I see in the pan. The 'definer' shade in the Wet N' Wild Comfort Zone palette is 100x better and also cheaper. I'm very disappointed with the quality of this item, although I continue to love MAC.

on 2/21/2012 11:33:00 PM

such a beautiful color on the pan... but on me it looks like dirt- mud.. no green tones at all... (nw15-nw20 for reference)
i was sooo excited to buy it and soo disappointed after i tried it.

on 2/19/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

One of the prettiest, versital, coolest duo chrome shaddows ever! I love the shade how you can wear it in literaly EVERY look you do. Really worth it.

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

One of my favorite eye shadows from ANY make-up brand. A very unique color which doesn't look special in the pan but trust this color is so versatile & looks great paired w/ gold, taupe, gray, green purple or blue shadows. Which makes club a NEUTRAL despite it being muddy brown shadow with STRONG red warm undertones & cool green/teal/gray duo chrome. Donít be alarmed by the redness both warm & cool skin tones look equally fabulous wearing this shadow. Clubís appearance can be altered like a chameleon depending on what colored base is used underneath it. If you want it to look exactly as appears to be in the pan use a teal base as I do, to cancel out redness use a black base for smokey look. Club is a satin finish with semi opaque pigmentation that you can easily build on for high intensity. I never have to scrape the brush into the shadow for product to adhere & it blends like a dream.
HOW I WEAR CLUB: First, prime lids with Macís bare study paint pot, and then I take both NYXís eyeliners in sapphire & sea foam green smearing them generously over bare study. Next, place Mac steamy in the inner corners club on the next half. Finally, use plumage or bottle green on the outer ďvĒ for smokey effect. Also you could place woodwinked on the inner corners & use humid or antiqued in the outer corner.

on 11/14/2011 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This eyeshadow looks fabulous in the pan, unfortunately a bit better than it does on the eyelid. In the pan itís a vibrant emerald green and brown duochrome. As usual with MAC, the texture is very easy to work with, except some minor fallout. The colour is not true to pan, on the lid it looks plum brown with only a hint of green shimmer. The main issue I have with Club is the wear.. With a base, usually my make-up barely fades at the end of the day, but this particular shade vanishes after a few hours only, that's the first time I experience that with a MAC shadow. Thatís a shame because I love the colour.

on 10/23/2011 9:01:00 AM

This shadow looks nice but it does not last on the lid long enough. It dissappears after 3 hrs.