August 1, 2014 | 1047 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I bought this in my search for the 'perfect' concealer to cover my ever-so-increasingly dark circles. I'm normally NC25-ish in MAC and I got NW20 because I heard this runs dark. It is a nice peachy/salmon color and covers my dark circles initially but I find that they come back about 5 hours later, so it's not longwearing at all.

I really enjoy how moisturizing it is though. I have sensitive undereyes and this never cakes up or makes me look rough/scaly.

While I will keep this and use it up, I will not repurchase as I find it doesn't quite do the job of concealing dark circles and lasting more than 5 or so hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by romangirl

This is my favourite concealer!!It works really well as my under eye area, covering up my (dark) circles.The fact that it is also hydrating is a bonus,no crease at all!
As for the rest of my face I prefer another type of concealer,having combination skin with red marks .
I guess ,'cause of it's moisterising effect it just won't stick on pimpels and red marks!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only concealer I've used from MAC, I haven't used the others so I can't compare but this works pretty well for me. I wouldn't say the coverage is that heavy duty, it does well for minor dark shadows and is really moisturising so I've never had problems with creasing or it looking 'papery' if you know what I mean. But it won't cover heavy duty dark shadows. It doesn't seem to last more than maybe 3-4 hours as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OK for sheer coverage. Did not bother my dry, sensitive skin. I used it until the tube ran out, but I would not repurchase because I need something more pigmented to cover my dark circles.

The applicator wand is unhygenic if you use it to touch your eye/finger and then stick it back into the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

This is a concealer which due to its liquid consistency is best for under the eye. A lot of people say that to counteract bluish under eye circles, you need to use a warm/pink toned concealer, but I bought this in my fdtn colour NC 30 and find that it works well.
Originally they sold me NW 30 but I took it back when I thought my under eye area didn't match the rest of my face and also having it in a different tone means you can't use it on other areas i.e. around the nose, on blemishes.
This is a super creamy and easy to blend concealer. It sets really well. I tend to apply it prior to fdtn, and put heaps on under the eyes and bridge of the nose etc to counteract redness when drinking! I then add fdtn on top and its a really strong cover up :)
I was told that MAC Studio Finish solid concealer is better for blemishes and I bought that as well. I use this for both.
Packaging is fine, standard doe foot. Good strong wand and cap.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Suheera

This concealer is really one of my favourites. The consistency of the product is amazing and it is very hydrating. it blends really well and does'nt crack like creamy concealers. it is perfect for undereye area and it does a great job in covering dark circles. The disadvantage of this product is that you really cannot keep this for a long period of time. I have used mine for about 2 and a half weeks before it finished. I am not sure whether I received a bad batch or if you really just run out that quickly. So it is quit pricey for the amount of product you get. but for those that can afford to splurge should most definitely try this concealer. GREAT RESULTS!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by danarana

I paid $34 for this concealer in Australia - a complete waste of money. This concealer cracks and creases after1 hour! It is very very sheer. If you have dark eye circles like me, stay away from this concealer. I ended up throwing this away.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by YeeSun

I bought this because the SA recommended to me. I was looking for a concealer that covers red spots and pimples.

I'm dissapointed about the staying power. It fade away very quickly!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by emma_14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shame on you MAC. This is a drugstore quality concealer at a department store price. Girls, you might as well go and buy a cheapy from Priceline.

I know it's supposed to be light and moisturising for under the eyes but it's just too sheer. Select Cover-up brightens up the eyes a lot better without being heavy or drying. If you're going to buy a concealer, buy a proper one that actually camouflages and just be light-handed with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sonya19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just a warning - I'm usually NC30 and bought this concealer in this shade as usual. However, I found it darker than my other NC30 products, which is not good when I want to use it under the eyes! Be sure to check the colour carefully before purchasing.

I also feel other MAC concealers are better value i.e. the Select Cover-up, as you get double the amount of product for a similar price.