April 20, 2014 | 1487 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by romangirl

This is my favourite concealer!!It works really well as my under eye area, covering up my (dark) circles.The fact that it is also hydrating is a bonus,no crease at all!
As for the rest of my face I prefer another type of concealer,having combination skin with red marks .
I guess ,'cause of it's moisterising effect it just won't stick on pimpels and red marks!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only concealer I've used from MAC, I haven't used the others so I can't compare but this works pretty well for me. I wouldn't say the coverage is that heavy duty, it does well for minor dark shadows and is really moisturising so I've never had problems with creasing or it looking 'papery' if you know what I mean. But it won't cover heavy duty dark shadows. It doesn't seem to last more than maybe 3-4 hours as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

OK for sheer coverage. Did not bother my dry, sensitive skin. I used it until the tube ran out, but I would not repurchase because I need something more pigmented to cover my dark circles.

The applicator wand is unhygenic if you use it to touch your eye/finger and then stick it back into the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

This is a concealer which due to its liquid consistency is best for under the eye. A lot of people say that to counteract bluish under eye circles, you need to use a warm/pink toned concealer, but I bought this in my fdtn colour NC 30 and find that it works well.
Originally they sold me NW 30 but I took it back when I thought my under eye area didn't match the rest of my face and also having it in a different tone means you can't use it on other areas i.e. around the nose, on blemishes.
This is a super creamy and easy to blend concealer. It sets really well. I tend to apply it prior to fdtn, and put heaps on under the eyes and bridge of the nose etc to counteract redness when drinking! I then add fdtn on top and its a really strong cover up :)
I was told that MAC Studio Finish solid concealer is better for blemishes and I bought that as well. I use this for both.
Packaging is fine, standard doe foot. Good strong wand and cap.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Suheera

This concealer is really one of my favourites. The consistency of the product is amazing and it is very hydrating. it blends really well and does'nt crack like creamy concealers. it is perfect for undereye area and it does a great job in covering dark circles. The disadvantage of this product is that you really cannot keep this for a long period of time. I have used mine for about 2 and a half weeks before it finished. I am not sure whether I received a bad batch or if you really just run out that quickly. So it is quit pricey for the amount of product you get. but for those that can afford to splurge should most definitely try this concealer. GREAT RESULTS!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:34:00 AM More reviews by danarana

I paid $34 for this concealer in Australia - a complete waste of money. This concealer cracks and creases after1 hour! It is very very sheer. If you have dark eye circles like me, stay away from this concealer. I ended up throwing this away.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by YeeSun

I bought this because the SA recommended to me. I was looking for a concealer that covers red spots and pimples.

I'm dissapointed about the staying power. It fade away very quickly!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by emma_14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Shame on you MAC. This is a drugstore quality concealer at a department store price. Girls, you might as well go and buy a cheapy from Priceline.

I know it's supposed to be light and moisturising for under the eyes but it's just too sheer. Select Cover-up brightens up the eyes a lot better without being heavy or drying. If you're going to buy a concealer, buy a proper one that actually camouflages and just be light-handed with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sonya19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just a warning - I'm usually NC30 and bought this concealer in this shade as usual. However, I found it darker than my other NC30 products, which is not good when I want to use it under the eyes! Be sure to check the colour carefully before purchasing.

I also feel other MAC concealers are better value i.e. the Select Cover-up, as you get double the amount of product for a similar price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off i live in australia and this thing cost $34 aud here, and personally i think its very over priced, i think its $16.50 in US?? which i think is much more approachable price point for what the product is.

I bought it because i want a lightweight concealer that i can use everyday without looking cakey. and looking around i thought the moisturecover will do the job i want. plus i got a department store gift card which will make the thing cost $14 aud hence i decided to give it a go.

I was matched with NW20, to be honest i am not sure if thats a perfect match. I have relatively fair asian skin, which makes me not overly yellow and not pink.

the lady tried the NW20 in store and it looks better than the NC, she said thats my color and she is probably right in the sense thats the best option, but when i tried it at home, i actually think its looks quite yellow?! its not too horrible so i can still use it.

The staying power and cover power however is really not something i would rave about. Its comfortable to wear but it barely cover any marks, dark eye circles or blemishes. i am not talking about red pimples or acne, just the slight mark after healing. It just doesnt cover, it makes the marks slightly less obvious but its not a concealer.

though i love the doe foot applicator! i wish more company use this!! usually tubes squeeze out too much and brushes are messy and doe foot is perfect!

ETA: i am actually liking this now, once i set this with power it actually hides my dark eye circles really well, not blemishes though, but it looks good under eyes