MAC Teddy Eye Kohl

4.4

Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, triethylhexanoin, beeswax\cera alba\cire d'abeille, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax\cera carnauba\cire de carnauba, polymethyl methacrylate, ozokerite, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, lecithin, citric acid [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), aluminum powder (CI 77000), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), carmine (CI 75470), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), manganese violet (CI 77742), ultramarines (CI 77007), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140)]

on 1/8/2012 3:22:00 AM

I've been using this an an everyday eyeliner. The colour is subtle on me, but there's also just enough shimmer to open up the eye area. Application improved as the point rounded out with use, so now it glides on easily.

on 1/6/2012 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Beautiful beautiful eyeliner!!
I passed this pencil over so many times before, I'd always look at it in MAC and then decide that it was just a brown, why did I need that?
Wrong! I'm on my second pencil now and I wear this daily!
Mac describes Teddy as a bronze color, But on me it's a medium/dark shimmery brown, I'm not getting the bronze. I love that it's not too warm or too cool of a brown, and that color can be built up and become very dark if you keep applying.
This lasts all day on my upper lashline without fading or smudging. On the lower lashline there is some fading by the end of the day, but no horrible raccoon smuding! I havn't tried this on my waterline since it's a kohl and I prefer the security of a gel liner if I line my waterline.
If you're even thinking about buying this pencil, definately go for it, you won't be disapointed!

on 12/7/2011 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's shame that I have discovered bronze eye liners so late. Teddy is my first bronze liner, and I have decided to purchase it after reading all the positive reviews about it here on MUA. It is a perfect shimmery but not glittery dark bronze liner and it compliments my hazel-ish brown eyes perfectly. I am sure it works wonders on blue and green eyes as well, but I am not so sure about black eyes. I have already purchased this pencil second time and I am sure I will continue to re purchase again and again. The only negative thing about this product is that it is staying power is not the best (it is a kohl after all) and it runs out pretty quick since it is a very soft pencil and I have to sharpen it each time to get a precise a tip.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My HG liner! I brought this recently and since I have been wearing it everyday, I love it! You can layer the colour for a nightime look or wear it finely for an everyday look. The colour is a dark copper brown with gold flecks..Beautiful!

on 11/14/2011 4:09:00 PM

HG HG HG!!! I've been using this for the last ten or so years. It is maybe my favorite makeup item of all time. It is just so beautiful and natural looking: a dark coppery brown with tiny gold flecks. Looks great on everyone. I wear this every day and even at my wedding! Perfect daytime alternative to black liner. Great smooth, yet not greasy consistency; glides on perfectly. The only downfall is the price :(

on 11/10/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the consistency and the way that this pencil applies on the eye Im not a huge fan of the color. Its a redish brown color that would look fabulous on someone with blue eyes. On my brown eyes looks just ok I guess. Its very soft and creamy but manages to stay put all day on my waterline. Because of its super soft creamy texture its an excellent base for a brown smoky look. I wouldnt buy it again though because i prefer more rich cool toned browns and this one has quite strong redish undertones

on 11/6/2011 1:06:00 AM

Teddy is a beautiful, rich, dark brown liner with a bit of shimmer to it and a slightly red undertone--but far less red and far better for fair skinned girls than UD Bourbon, IMO. It has a lovely creamy texture and applies with hardly any tugging or skipping. If set with powder it can last all day, and in general has very good life for a regular kohl. If you are branching out beyond plain old black liners, Teddy should be your first stop in the MAC arsenal. A classic. I knocked off one lippy because it does smudge (on application and over the course of the day) and you use up the product fairly quickly, but would rather have only knocked off a half--make no mistake, I love this product.

on 10/6/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Gorgeous slightly metallic deep brown colour - looks amazing with blue eyes. I tend to use this on the waterline as a warmer/ softer alternative to black. It also works sketched over the eyelids and smudged (it will crease a little over time, but still look sort of sexy and smoky).

Longwearing, and doesn't irritate my eyes when I have contacts in.

Sure this will be a long time favourite for me!

on 9/23/2011 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

So glad i bought this! Lasts ages once on

on 9/3/2011 1:44:00 AM

I'm really coming to love MAC's Teddy. I bought it based off the rave reviews here. It's definitely a red based bronze instead of gold/yellow based. So if you have a cooler skin tone, this make not work for you. If you have fair coloring, I'd suggest not smudging it out. It becomes more reddish/purple. It looks as if you have allergies or have been crying. Overall, I'd say the amount of product you place on the water line equals the amount of staying power. I swipe it once across my water line and it will last 4-5 hours. If you swipe more than once, it will last only an hour or so. I really enjoy this product and it glides on easily. It defines my eyes just enough and make the green in my hazel eyes 'pop'. They look almost electric. I think this looks really beautiful on darker lovelies.