Redken Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

4.2

Water/Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-23, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Laureth-4, Methylparaben, Isopropyl Myristate, Laureth-7, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Xylose, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Oleth-10, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Disodium Cocamphodipropionate, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Polyquaternium-10 (D6260/5)

I have long, thick wavy hair and a bit of frizz.

I use this as a protectant to blow-dry my hair and to keep it soft and shiny.. I find that without this product I get a lot of split ends from using so much heat on my hair and it gets tangled and frizzy easier without it. Because it leaves my hair shiny and softer it also helps cut down on the time to straighten my hair.
This product is easy to find on sales online or in stores, but if you don't look it can be quite expensive which prevents me from giving 5 stars. Also because I have thick hair (think Victoria's secret angels!) I need around 3 pumps per use. Other than that I believe that it does everything it says on the label. I never blowdry my hair without it and I have never found anything better!
The packaging is cute too and easy to take travelling. It is a creamy liquid and you do need to make sure you spread it evenly or you can really tell when you blowdry your hair.

I definitely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best lotion for blowdrying your hair, it leaves it super soft and manageable. I definitely recommend it to everyone!!!!

I love love love this product! I have naturally straight hair that does not look pretty air dried, while yes most of it is straight my ends wave and because I have drastic layers it seems like a weird wave mess (I wouldn't say wavy cause that implies more than one wave) and sinxemoving from California to South Carolina the humidity has made my hair frizz. Anyways back to the product with all the things above being said this product combined with blow-drying made my hair soooooo soft, smooth, and it protects it. ^_^ I don't know what else to say this product is amazing I say spend the $3 get the trail size and try it!

I have long curly hair with very little frizz. I use this product when I blow dry and flat iron my hair straight. I found it on sale for 12.99 but I think it is normally 22- the price is the only reason I am not giving this a full 5 stars. The packaging is great and very easy to use.

This product makes my hair straighter and much easier to blowdry than almost every other product I have used.

After towel drying my hair I pump this in with some morrocan oil and I have cut my straightening time down to 30 min (very good for me!). It just makes it straighter and less poufy I feel.

This really lives up to it's claim.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this. I don't always use it because my hair doesn't really like product but when I do it works great.

I don't often wear my hair straight, but if i do, this product is great. It doesn't weight my hair down and it imparts a lovely shine and silkiness to my straightened strands. A little goes a long way and pump packaging is good. Price is reasonable and overall, it's a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. I have awkward wave medium-fine hair which can only be worn straight because it is in between wavy and straight and isn't pretty waves. Anyways I always blow dry my hair and was looking for something to make blow drying smoother and a heat protector. I was watching Juicystar07 and she said this was one of her favorites and you gotta admit she has great hair, so I got this in the travel size at Ulta. I use a dime size amount and apply below my roots through my damp hair. It makes blow drying a lot easier and smoother. It smells good and doesn't weigh my oily prone hair down. Great job Redken!

LOVE IT! THE ONE I BOUGHT HAS HEAT PROTECTANT SO IT DOUBLES FOR STRAIGHTENING TOO. I WOUD DEFINITELY REPURCHASE! DOESNT MAKE HAIR GREASY..(I STILL DONT GET TOO CLOSE TO ROOTS THOUGH).. JUST ONE PUMP AND I BLOW DRY AND VOILA!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very bummed about this. Like a review I read below, I feel like I used a different product than everyone else. I originally was interested after seeing several beauty gurus on YouTube sing it's praises; however I've learned not to let those opinions alone be the deciding factor, especially for something as expensive as this. But, the reviews here on makeupalley were just as good so I gave it a go. Here's my experience:

The product itself was very sticky. I felt like I needed to wash my hands several times to get it off. Then when I touched my hair, I felt the need to wash my hands AGAIN. After blow drying hair, my hair felt like the end of a broom stick. (mind you, my hair is naturally very oily!) It gave my hair sort of the texture of using too much hair spray. I didn't like it at all.

I'm glad this product worked well for so many other people; however it's not for everyone, and definitely not for me!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Great product, makes hair shiny and silky, but doēs not make it oily. Great for long hair. Has very nice, fresh scent.

Popular Styling Products