LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 11/11/2012 1:34:00 AM

This soap kicks ass - especially if you have keratosis pilaris like I do. No, it's not a cure, but it will soften your bumps and make your skin feel great. The soap smells like coconut, and contains little beads that serve to exfoliate the skin. It will leave you feeling greasy at first, but if you give it sometime to absorb, you'll find your skin feeling soft and moisturized. I have to agree with @TheMoonBunny - it is easy to overdo it. Depending on how your skin reacts to the soap, definitely consider using it in moderation.

I like Buffy as a moisturizer but not for exfoliating. It has a nice scent and I really don't use it in the shower and that's how lush recommends to use Buffy. Also careful this literally melts in your hands and can leave you greasy but I love it.

on 10/17/2012 11:09:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 2 years now.

PROS
--- exfoliates skin
--- leaves behind a light layer of shea butter to moisturize
--- amazing on my bottom and thighs
--- large sized bar lasts me up to six months (using it 2-3x per week)

CONS
--- feels greasy at first when you get out of the shower because it takes 7-10 mins to absorb
--- easy to over do it! A little goes a long, long way with this!

on 10/14/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually dislike Lush products but I love this one! The scrub can be a little bit harsh but not too bad. I like to rub it in my hand first and then on my skin. The smell is kind of earthy but not too overpowering like the other Lush scent. It wears off a little after the shower. It does leave a greasy feeling after but it sinks into your skin and leave it feeling so soft! I mostly like this for the moisturizing aspects not the exfoliation. I'd definitely repurchase it! I recommend purchasing the tin (for $3 I think?). It helps the product last longer and not slip around in the shower.

on 10/2/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG! This prduct is fantastic! It makes my faky dry legs in the winter months feel moisturized and supple!
The exfoliating power is just right, and the smell is just lovely!
The only thing that breaks my heart is that it's 20$ (or so) CAD. So I try to use it sparingly, but I will def repurchase!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love Buffy! I've been using it for about a month now and its definitely worth the hype/cost. Its moisturizing and exfoliating at the same time and it smells great.

on 8/12/2012 5:49:00 PM

I wanted to use this as a scrub before shaving my legs, but it leaves such a rich, oily layer that it clogs up my razor. it's definitely moisturizing, almost too greasy for me. i'll stick to the sugar scrubs.

on 8/3/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm glad I came here to read the read the reviews because the SA never told me to shut off the shower head. The first run only gave me 5 uses. It literally was like rubbing butter on my skin in that it melted just that fast. So I will purchase again and try it with the shower head off. I have crazy dry skin and keratis pillaris (sp)? I'm also very lazy when it comes to lotion. It does give you the feeling of having an oil on your skin so if you don't like that feeling you probably won't care for this. For those who have super dry skin though it might change your life. I don't care for the scent. It's an herbally earthy sort've scent.

on 7/2/2012 1:15:00 PM

Oh my, I love this! This was my first body butter I tried at LUSH, and I will keep buying it! The smell is wonderful, slightly herbal and nutty (similar to LUSH's Handy Gurugu hand cream). Buffy is also extremely moisturizing, I love using it in the winter when my skin is super dry. The way you use Buffy is a little annoying, but totally worth it. Turn off the overhead in your shower- the bar will melt very quickly if you don't. You rub the bar wherever you need to. It gives an amazing exfoliation (I don't think it's too rough, but I'm sure it is for some people), and a wonderful layer of moisture. After you rinse off your skin will feel oily, but don't worry it doesn't stay that way for long. Also, if the feeling does bother you a lot you could buy a dusting powder to help soak up the excess oil. This product is fantastic, I would suggest it to anyone with dry skin.

on 6/28/2012 11:01:00 PM

Let me start out by saying I love this product. I use it everyday. My favorite part is the nutty, sweetness it leaves behind. I buy the smaller bars because it tends to melt so keep it somewhere dry. Also, I use this under my arms to help with my baking soda deodorant stick (see my review on baking soda for more info). I will be buying this product again and again.

Top Rated LUSH Products