April 18, 2014 | 1790 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge - Blushed Rose

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

I really like the formulation of this goes on smooth and pigmented, isn't greasy, lasts and the packaging is good and simple impervious to breakage. But i feel like the colour is slightly off, if it was just slightly less dusty, less brown it would be a perfect natural colour.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by DaniaLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down, the best cream blush I have EVER tried. I don't use it on my lips, only on my cheeks. It looks natural, the formula is super blendable and not greasy at all, like many cream blushes out there.

It lasts about 4-6 hours on me if I seal it with powder. It suits most skin tones and I don't think I will ever run out of it! You need just a little tiny bit of product. Great color payoff.

The only downside I can find is that it's expensive, but considering how long a pot lasts, then I think you totally get what you pay for. Will repurchase when I run out :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, I have had this product for literally at least two years and I have BARELY put a dent in it! It lasts FOREVER. It is so deeply pigmented that you just need the tiniest bit to be extremely visible (while still natural) on the cheeks.

For me, this product rides around in my bag with a foundation stick. If I do NOTHING else at the end of the work day on my way out to meet friends or my husband, I touch up my dark circles and ruddiness with the foundation and then dot this on my cheeks. I use my fingers because I don't own a stippling brush. I find my fingers work ok. This product is not super emollient so you want to be careful to dot it right where you want it to end up, then use your fingers to blend blend blend it right where you put it (I guess what I am trying to say is that while it blends well, it's not easy to spread it around on your skin, so you want to place it fairly carefully). That is enough to look instantly refreshed and pretty. If I also have an eyeliner around I'll freshen that up too, and feel like a million bucks.

I am very pale with pink undertones and this color works VERY well for me.

However, all of the above applies when using this as a blush ONLY! I do not like this product AT ALL on my lips. It is extremely drying (even over my beloved Kiehl's #1 balm) so my lips instantly start to peel. And the color looks SUPER chalky and unnatural on my lips. Every few months I think "let's try it on the lips again, I'm sure I can make it work" (especially since I am CONSTANTLY on the hunt for that perfect MLBB shade and this *looks* like it should be that) and every single time I am appalled by how bad it is on my lips, especially considering how much I like it on my cheeks! I am not sure why BB tries to market this as a multi-tasker. It is good enough as a blush that they could just leave it at that and have multitudes of loyal fans.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really like this a lot. i used to never use cream blushes, im more of a powder blush girl, because i have sensitive acne prone skin and that plus a cream on your face equals major breakouts. but i heard so many good things about it that i just had to try it. and wow! i love it.

it gives you the most natural color. and it sinks into your skin like you wouldnt believe. its not sticky, and blends so easily. i love the color too. it looks not pretty and all that great in the pot, a brownish pink, but on your face its a different story. try it! i would buy this again. i want to try all the colors! i wish the pkg was bigger though, and its expensive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by windchijmes

HG blush! I've never been a blush girl and often have trouble applying just the right amount with powder blushes. But with this pot rouge, my troubles are over! I apply it with a brush, stippling a light amount over the apples of my cheeks.
Don't be scared off by the rather muddy look of the blush! Like many reviewers have said, the colour will turn into a healthy rosy flush on the cheeks. It looks really natural on my yellow-undertoned Asian skin.
Now I'm looking to purchase a more pink-toned pot rouge for the days when I want a little more drama. ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by temmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This blush is absolutely wonderful! Its a beautiful brown pink. If I blushed, I think my skin would flush this color. It looks completely natural on me, like the color is coming from underneath my skin. Its not too brown and not too pink, and the color blends perfectly with my dark skin. It makes me look naturally pretty, and whenever I wear it, people always complement me on how pretty and fresh I look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always been a powder rouge girl, but I am getting older and I need a pop of color to last all day on my cheeks. My past experiences with creme rouges were dismal --break outs were inevitable. My skin is also sensitive to Nars powder blushes. However, Bobbi Brown's pot rouges do NOT cause me to break out and they do help me maintain color in my cheeks all day. The first day I wore it I was complimented three times. This is how it works best for me. I apply it to my apples after I apply foundation. Then, I set my makeup with La Mer Translucent Face Powder. Next, I add my powder rouge to my cheeks. My favorite powders for layering are Chantecaille's Thrill blusher or MAC's Pink Swoon blusher. I add a highlight to the top of the cheek bone with Meteorites Rose Frais 02 Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder by Guerlain. My skin tone is NC 25-30 with faded freckles.
This regime is very flattering and minimizes the appearance of pitted scars on my cheekbones. Quite a few blushes I have tried are reflective nightmares in these scars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I also have this in Pink Truffle. I like this lighter shade better because I can also wear it on my lips. When applied as a blush it looks natural and fresh, although I wouldn't dream of wearing this during the summer when my skin is oilier. I don't wear it on my lips often because I have to use a brush (finger dipping is icky) and I'd rather carry a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have four other shades (Calypso Coral, Pale Pink, Summer Pink and Powder Pink), but Blushed Rose is my HG Pot Rouge. It's just the perfect natural flush, slightly warm, no-brainer neutral rose shade. It looks deep in the pan but all you have to do is get a dot on your fingertip and blend into cheek. If Bobbi every decides to DC this or her pot rouges in general (my fave BB product), I'll freak out. NC35-37/MMM/Oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by achuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this blush! it is very natural on my skin (asian, light/medium, golden undertones) and stays put almost the whole day. I use my MAC 187 to put this on, though the pot is now littered with small black hairs from the brush (though that is a testament to the brush rather than the blush). when applied with a stippling brush it blends very easily and looks very natural. I tried using my fingers, but it was really hard to blend it to look natural so i just use the 187. the color just seems to melt into your skin and give a nice flush that is difficult to achieve with a powder or cheek stain. i always put a little of this on in the morning before class (with a little bit of mascara) to make me look fresh and wide awake, even after pulling an all-nighter :)
EDIT:
I've had this for almost a year and I've barely used half of it (and i use it practically everyday). I am thinking of trying Becca's creme blush brush with this instead of the 187 since it does have a more solid texture (as opposed to the NYX creme blushes which have a mousse-like texture)