November 27, 2014 | 1377 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE 2:
I sadly must report that this DID end up breaking me out :( This would have been perfect if it didnt.... 3/5
***********************************************
UPDATE:
I wore this 2 days in a row and the lasting power really is phenomenal. On day 1 I put it on at 10AM, didnt need to touch up until 3:30PM, and it looked great when I took it off at 7:30PM. Thats about 91/2 hours! Today I put it on at 6:30AM and touched up at 11:30AM, which was 5 hours of wear without needing to touch up, which is great. However, I have noticed my skin itches a little bit when I put it on and I am forming a new pimple, but I am still not sure if it was caused by this makeup. Will update when I come to a conclusion.
***********************************************
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $15 at CVS, which is a bit pricey for the drugstore :/
COVERAGE: I use the ELF mineral powder brush with this and I get a nice medium coverage out of it. I only use concealer under my eyes and a bit on my nose and any super large blemishes I have.
FINISH: I moisturize before I use this, and when I put this on I get a satin finish and its really pretty!!! My skin has dimension but also looks flawless and healthy
TEXTURE: Its powdery but blends very well.
SPF: 16
LASTING POWER: I wore this out to a club and it did not budge one bit! I was dancing and out pretty late, too
SHADES: This is one of the downfalls. I have this in "Creamy Natural", which luckily suits me pretty well. But they do not have a very wide variety of shades
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: So far, so clear :)
PACKAGING: A little bulky and fragile, but I still enjoy pressed powders for the convenience of travel
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes
FINAL VERDICT: I am really impressed with this. My skin has been pretty decent lately so I havent been wearing foundation, but sometimes I want something light that will give my skin a more "polished" look, evens out my skin, lasts through my day and doesnt break me out and this is it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at the beginning of summer to use in place of my liquid foundations. Living in the south, during summer, just about melts foundation off. So I switched to powder. I bought this in Translucent....and it isn't translucent. It is around a shade or so too dark for me (imagine my surprise at being fairer than "translucent")! It also has a yellow tone to it, while my fair skin is pink toned. However the coverage of this product is good at a medium buildable range. I apply it with a round sponge as a brush can cause a powdery mess with this soft powder (the trick is to tap the brush into the powder, don't swirl it). It does a decent job keeping me matte and holding up to southern summer days full of 90 degree and up days with 95%+ humidity. It's just a shame I don't have a match and that the price is so high ($13-14 where I live) on this little compact.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ahundredindecisions

I used to LOVE this pressed powder and for years it was my HG. The translucent light shade was perfect for my pale/neutral skin and it had sheer (though buildable), non-chalky coverage. I have very sensitive, combo skin and previously this never caused breakouts or dried me out.

However, the most recent compact I purchased is nothing like the product I fell in love with. It now has a very chalky/powdery finish and doesn't blend well at all. I've also noticed dry, flakey spots on my cheeks since using the new compact. I'm hoping that I just got a 'bad batch' and that Physician's Formula hasn't changed the formulation. I'll continue to use it for now but I'm on the hunt for something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

I bought this in sand beige for summer when I'm tan. It works great and doesn't break out my sensitive skin. I just bought the translucent shade for the upcoming winter months and it's the very hard to find 'for super sensitive skin' type. (I bought the LAST ONE) I'm excited to try it out! I will update when I begin using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

powder foundation is my favorite type of foundation...this review is only about the one for EXTRA SENSITIVE SKIN. I buy this in beige. it is a good color match for me. It is nice and cool, somewhat ashy toned. I like that look. I wear this currently. it gives a great natural finish and has great coverage. the extra sensitive skin is much harder to find...the regular sensitive skin, gives me a reaction and drys my skin out.

i have always believed that if the quality of the minerals or the powder isnt so great than buy in a compact. if it is bare minerals, i always like it loose. i think the packaging is too bulky and reminds me of a ufo. dont care for it.

you can use this pretty liberally compared to bare minerals. nice creamy consistency. i now can't wait to try Jane iredale

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

This is a product I have been using faithfully for about 6 years.

I LOVE that this product is so sheer. That's something you'll either love or hate. Personally I think it's great because I don't have to look like i'm wearing foundation when i'm not. I hate high coverage powders for that reason. If I want to look like I have foundation on, I'll wear foundation.

There isn't anything for darker skinned ladies unfortunately, but if you're fairer skinned, it's a great product. I always forget what shade I bought the previous time, but somehow it always seems like the right colour. You can't really go wrong.

I love that it's oil free, and has never broken me out or given me any type of adverse reaction.

I love the packaging! The little brush is garbage and I always toss them, but I love the compact. Good sized mirror in there. I highly recommend trying out this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Madihudson

This powder is literally the bomb! It's almost an EXACT dupe for the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. This powder is very pigmented, gives you extra coverage, applies smoothly to the skin, looks incredibly natural, doesn't look cakey, no odor, PLUS it's super blendable. Basically this powder is any powder you've ever wanted. It works wonders. The only downsides are that the packing is mildly bulky and the price isn't so great. I would say this powder is overpriced ($13.99-$15.00) but its totally worth it. I defiently recommend this to anyone who's looking into it or the MAC MSFN.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Hollipop19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have just finished using up my first compact of this powder and I definitely plan on re-purchasing! This powder in translucent is perfect for my very pale skin. The powder is light-feeling, but offers additional coverage to your foundation. It can even be worn alone if you're in a hurry and you want a little bit of coverage! The powder also has outstanding staying power, and lasts throughout the day while controlling my shine. (I have a very oily T-zone, so that's saying a lot!) I find that the best way to apply it is with my Elf powder brush- pressing it into my skin for a flawless finish! Most importantly, this powder has not irritated my sensitive skin, nor caused any breakouts to my acne-prone skin! The only complaint I have is the price...I believe I paid $14 for the powder, which feel is a little pricey for a drugstore powder, but I will continue to buy it regardless!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by vintagy

I really love this product! I wanted to switch from liquid to powder foundation most days because I have oily skin and powder foundation is just easier and quicker to apply, and this was my first powder foundation ever. It has good coverage for a powder, applies easily, melts into my skin nicely, keeps my skin matte (except for my nose, but that happens no matter what I do), and doesn't break me out.

HOWEVER, the packaging really sucks. It's bulky and the actual powder part is tiny. I've already hit pan and I only bought the product in mid-May. It only took me a month and a half to hit pan, which is kind of ridiculous. It comes with a crappy little brush which I think is useless. They should get rid of it and add more product to the pan. Also, it's $20 in Canada, which is really expensive for a drugstore product that I go through so quickly. I would repurchase this though because the product itself is really great. I've been using it almost every day since I bought it.

In terms of staying power, I can last a 9-5 workday without reapplication, but if I were to go out after work or something, I'd need to touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Robynnna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a good option especially if you want to reapply a powder sunscreen on your face through out the day. It's fragrance free and a good drugstore mineral powder. I use this in translucent light and it works well if you use a light hand when applying. I wish the color was even lighter but the all physical sunscreen ingredients and the price are the main reasons I continue to buy this again. The packaging is a little bulky but I guess I'm just used to it. It has not caused irritation or break outs on my fair mild rosacea skin.