September 21, 2014 | 1065 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sophaloph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ick hated this! I was on a mission for a vibrant purple and this is just not it. Did not stick on my waterline and is not nearly as purple as it look in the bottle. Very dissapointing because i thought it would be amazing like blacktrack fluidline!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this but there is only one thing I have to complain about. It looks different in the little pot than it does on your eyes. Otherwise it goes on really smooth and I like it better than black because it brings out my green eyes. So I would buy this again I really like it

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by tiferet

I have mac blitz and glitz fluid line. I usually put eyeliner on my top eyelashes and I have a small eyelid so I know right after a few hours whats water proof and whats not. If its not it will smeer a bit over my eye lid because of my small eye lid space (i have hooded eyes).
The mac fluidline isen't water proof. very dissapointed.
I bought bobby brown. it was better but still not water proof.
I'm in a makeup course in israel and we use Make up for ever cream liner and its the BEST. Totally water proof. It wont move. I LOVE it. Although its the hardest to work with since its not as creamy and bobby browns and macs fluidline. you also need the right brush for it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 3:34:00 AM More reviews by justavietgyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

For some reason, this particular fluidline does not adhere to my waterline. If you're looking for good purple gel liner, you're better off looking into Bobbi Brown. I like using macroviolet on my lower lashline after I have applied blacktrack and smudge the two together. This product works AMAZING as a base although I do not use it for that purpose. Pot will last me forever. I would not repurchase even if I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

Like CarlaN, I’ve not used this for a long time…coming up a week. But, I do like it a lot because it doesn’t scream “Purple”. It’s subtle on me and you can see just a hint of purple and just enough to make my brown eyes stand out. I see from other reviewers that this dries easily and causing it be messy when applied. I’ll have to keep on an eye on that. Also, LilSphinx review was really helpful. I would like to try BB’s version and see how they compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I haven't been using Macroviolet for very long, but so far I *really* like it!

I'd been happily using Blacktrack to line my upper lids, but decided that I wanted to "switch gears" for a softer look that really plays up my unusual eye color (bright jade green).

I've found that I love using a brush like the 263 to apply Macroviolet along and into my upper lashlines, then I immediately use a pencil brush to go over that line with Shadowy Lady eyeshadow.

The result is a softly defined dark lashline that doesn't scream "I'M PURPLE!" but provides some subtle, flattering contrast to make the green of my eyes stand out.

I haven't tried Macroviolet alone, but when set with shadow, as described above, it wears beautifully for hours (over UD primer) on my extremely oily eyelids. If you're concerned about the "pearl" in Macroviolet, don't be; it's really negligible. I HATE shimmery liners, and almost didn't buy Macroviolet for this reason, but it turned out to be a non-issue. Macroviolet didn't at first seem as creamy smooth as Blacktrack, but I think that was just because it was a brand new pot.

My favorite combination these days is MAC Hypnotizing (LE shadow from "Love Lace") on the lid, Bare Escentuals Devotion in the crease, and Macroviolet to line.

If I continue to be this pleased with Macroviolet, it may replace Blacktrack as my go-to liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite fluidline from mac. I like that this purple is very deep and subtle. It adds a slight metallic purple shimmer to my lashlines and it looks great with my very dark eyes. I like to use this instead of a black because it's lees harsh.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally like the MAC Fluidlines, but this one just isn't my favorite. First of all, it appears to be a wonderful metallic plum in the jar, but when it dries down it is very dull on the lid. Secondly, I find that this one dries in the jar and becomes clumpy and difficult to apply very quickly, even though I've been very careful to close it tightly each time. Big disappointment. I do give it two lippies because the line itself is a good one and I feel it's a good value for the amount you get (I'll definitely never need another one, even if I wanted to repurchase---which I don't).

EDIT: Have tossed this. The last 3 times I wore it, it wore off in chunks, leaving "holes" in my eyeliner line. Not acceptable. The last straw was when the SA at the Christian Dior counter commented on it when she was doing my eyes the other day...how embarrassing! This has also happened with Waveline, which is also going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by kelly3kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this. It is subtle and looks great with alot of shadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Admired the violet lined look and splurged on this one! It's not worth it.

Disappointed because...

... it seems to melt and become a smokey eyed look.

...the violet color isn't vivid enough!

...it was a waste of money.

...application of it was tricky.

Heard Bobbi Brown has a purple or violet liner but will have to check here to find out the reviews.