October 1, 2014 | 1017 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I expected this to be generic and overrated. I sprayed it on one of those paper sample sheets at Sephora. I wrote the name on the sheet expecting to forget all about it. Two days later I opened my purse and OH MY GOODNESS, it smelled divine. I looked at the sheet and smelled it, that was it! I went back and purchased a bottle for myself. Men, Women, little kids, co workers and my managers seem to like it. I have the toilette. Next time I'll get the parfum because I want this gorgeous scent to last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by sosu89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this perfume, I also get so many compliments while wearing it. I think it's a classic perfume, and its become my daily perfume I feel strange if I forget to wear it! Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

This is my HG perfume. I have worn this for years and I always get such great compliments, especially from men. The only other perfume that comes close to this, in regards to compliments, is Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle...except I get more compliments from women for that one lol :)

I'm not a wiz when it comes to perfumes. I know I like floral more than fruit and this fits the bill. It is a classic smell that is mature, but not grandma-esque. I feel sexy and luxurious when I wear it.

Like any other perfume I'd recommend you sample it and wear it before deciding if you like it. Perfume has the magical ability to transform on our bodies and become something unique and individual.

The packaging is so-so. I don't think the bottle is special. It is very recognizable, but maybe not as classic in appearance as some other perfumes. Of course this ultimately doesn't deter me from purchasing this perfume again and again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Lemmiwinks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My absolute favourite perfume ever!!!!! Get so many compliments on it when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first perfume I purchased for myself, and I fell in love with it! I really don't know how to describe the notes, but it's very feminine and sexy. I have gotten a lot of compliments when I wear it. This is also the only bottle of perfume, thus far, that I was finished! Even though there's nothing in the bottle, I still can't bring myself to throw it away, so it just sits on my dresser.

I now have a scent I love more, that I use on special occasions, but I can see myself buying this again, because it smells so good. It lasts all day on me, and a little bit goes a long way. Just thinking of this scent brings back so many good memories.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by 0rchidrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband loves it on me and I found myself "growing" into the scent. On my skin, the florals seem to come out more strongly than the fruity parts and I find myself inexplicably fine with it even though I have always been more drawn to fruity scents. I bought the EDP so lasting power was good for me, in the UK weather. Will definitely repurchase since the man likes it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Zuhay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love to vary my scents and am not committed to any one perfume but I must say that I have purchased this one on more than one occasion throughout the years. It's a complicated fruity yet fresh bouquet and certainly a modern classic. Notes Top Note: Bergamot, Melon, Peach, Pear Middle Note: Freesia, Lily Of The Valley, Rose, Violet Base Note: Cedar, Sandal, Vanilla, Musk. This combination makes for a perfect subtle daytime scent and an alluring/sensual evening wear scent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by WaterQueene77

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this perfume. I first bought it at Filene's in Boston at least ten years ago - liked it, but didn't adore it. Besides, everyone was wearing it then. I wore it for a while ... then discovered a taste for the heavy Orientals. About six months ago I dug out my bottle again and fell in love with it, for real this time.

I never thought I would get to be old enough to reminisce about the good old days, but the smell of J'Adore takes me back to some of my personal good times. The first time I actually felt "old" was when the Boston Filene's closed in 2005. This is just my opinion, but I don't care for Macy's for perfume shopping. Too aggressive. The Filene's setup was so classy! The perfumes were displayed on the walls, not hidden behind the counters, so you could really shop without being hounded by salespeople. For five years I had a great job right around the corner from the store, and if I forgot to spritz in the morning I could always cruise by the Dior display at lunchtime. Like I said, good times. The scent of J'Adore takes me back to my almost daily visits to the Filene's Boston flagship store, the springtime, and a more youthful, hopeful version of myself.

J'Adore is a floral scent, but there is something in it as well that makes it warm and cuddly to my nose as well. Comforting. It is very expensive so I recommend trying a sample first. (If, like me, you prefer to avoid the rabid salesforce at Macy's, I recommend checking this one out at Nordstrom. They will give you a sample to take with you even if they have to make one). It is also worth noting that my bottle from 2002 has not turned. My sister just brought back a fresh bottle for me from a cruise, and the scent is the same.

Highly recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a sample and have worn it a few times. I find it to be an overbearing floral with too much musk. Even spraying it lightly I find myself overwhelmed by the cloying sweetness and heavy musk. Maybe it's just my body chemistry, I tend to go for gourmands and orientals. I wouldn't buy this for myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice pleasant fragrance I received this as a gift the edt version of this.its very feminine and innocent. On me it smelled of litchi strong florals and musk i strongly think that's where the problem lied with this one I absolutely detest the smell of musk! somehow this fragrance didint move me into buying one for myself.I preferred miss dior cherie over this hands down which seems to work better with my chemistry than this one.its a nice fragrance and probably would smell magical on somebody else but on me not so much.