April 16, 2014 | 2034 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first perfume I purchased for myself, and I fell in love with it! I really don't know how to describe the notes, but it's very feminine and sexy. I have gotten a lot of compliments when I wear it. This is also the only bottle of perfume, thus far, that I was finished! Even though there's nothing in the bottle, I still can't bring myself to throw it away, so it just sits on my dresser.

I now have a scent I love more, that I use on special occasions, but I can see myself buying this again, because it smells so good. It lasts all day on me, and a little bit goes a long way. Just thinking of this scent brings back so many good memories.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by 0rchidrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband loves it on me and I found myself "growing" into the scent. On my skin, the florals seem to come out more strongly than the fruity parts and I find myself inexplicably fine with it even though I have always been more drawn to fruity scents. I bought the EDP so lasting power was good for me, in the UK weather. Will definitely repurchase since the man likes it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Zuhay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love to vary my scents and am not committed to any one perfume but I must say that I have purchased this one on more than one occasion throughout the years. It's a complicated fruity yet fresh bouquet and certainly a modern classic. Notes Top Note: Bergamot, Melon, Peach, Pear Middle Note: Freesia, Lily Of The Valley, Rose, Violet Base Note: Cedar, Sandal, Vanilla, Musk. This combination makes for a perfect subtle daytime scent and an alluring/sensual evening wear scent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by WaterQueene77

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this perfume. I first bought it at Filene's in Boston at least ten years ago - liked it, but didn't adore it. Besides, everyone was wearing it then. I wore it for a while ... then discovered a taste for the heavy Orientals. About six months ago I dug out my bottle again and fell in love with it, for real this time.

I never thought I would get to be old enough to reminisce about the good old days, but the smell of J'Adore takes me back to some of my personal good times. The first time I actually felt "old" was when the Boston Filene's closed in 2005. This is just my opinion, but I don't care for Macy's for perfume shopping. Too aggressive. The Filene's setup was so classy! The perfumes were displayed on the walls, not hidden behind the counters, so you could really shop without being hounded by salespeople. For five years I had a great job right around the corner from the store, and if I forgot to spritz in the morning I could always cruise by the Dior display at lunchtime. Like I said, good times. The scent of J'Adore takes me back to my almost daily visits to the Filene's Boston flagship store, the springtime, and a more youthful, hopeful version of myself.

J'Adore is a floral scent, but there is something in it as well that makes it warm and cuddly to my nose as well. Comforting. It is very expensive so I recommend trying a sample first. (If, like me, you prefer to avoid the rabid salesforce at Macy's, I recommend checking this one out at Nordstrom. They will give you a sample to take with you even if they have to make one). It is also worth noting that my bottle from 2002 has not turned. My sister just brought back a fresh bottle for me from a cruise, and the scent is the same.

Highly recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a sample and have worn it a few times. I find it to be an overbearing floral with too much musk. Even spraying it lightly I find myself overwhelmed by the cloying sweetness and heavy musk. Maybe it's just my body chemistry, I tend to go for gourmands and orientals. I wouldn't buy this for myself.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice pleasant fragrance I received this as a gift the edt version of this.its very feminine and innocent. On me it smelled of litchi strong florals and musk i strongly think that's where the problem lied with this one I absolutely detest the smell of musk! somehow this fragrance didint move me into buying one for myself.I preferred miss dior cherie over this hands down which seems to work better with my chemistry than this one.its a nice fragrance and probably would smell magical on somebody else but on me not so much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Well this one confuses me! First I think it is awesome, but I am confused that I do....rarely do I enjoy florals & only have maybe two or three in my collection but this one will probably stay (when I have the funds!). It is nothing like most florals in my opinion, a bit more class I believe. Not sure why I associate florals with the very young or the quite older crowd, but even for an in-between age like myself (I refuse to admit to being "older") this somehow works. The staying power is not an all dayer for me, but if it lasts well into afternoon I think a keeper! Wait, oh my does this mean I AM INDEED getting "older" POSH I say, this one is good!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Victorian9322

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This perfume is the epitome of what a classy French lady should smell like. I smell this perfume and think of Paris, France. I imagine myself on Gaspard Ulliel's motorbike as we ride throughout the city, our path illuminated by the Eiffel Tower's glowing lumiere. Okay, so I am probably exaggerating, but this perfume is delicious! It smells floral, but not too light. It's intense yet still romantic and seductive. The ultimate sexy fragrance. Let's just say I know what I will be wearing on my wedding night.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by LauLau215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So fresh and clean! Stong at first ...but, then settles to a warm and floral scent! Pairs well with BBW white citrus lotion! Great for Spring/Summer months!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by caroline_a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume and wear it almost every day. It is a warm, woody floral - it kind of reminds me of a warmer, more floral version of Chanel No. 5. I really love this perfume and feel naked without it. Will definitely re-purchase.