October 20, 2014 | 1789 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Laughing010

It's really easy to remove while showering, I don't understand why people having a hard time removing it. The downside, doesn't hold the curl at all. But combining clinique's lash primer results in fine fluttery curld asian eyelashes. A very natural result for everyday use. After trying tube mascaras I'll never go back to waterproofs.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by cmyers21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I worked for Clinique for 5 years. I have tried every mascara they have. I have super oily skin including my eye lids. This is the only mascara that does not disappear mid day. A important tip for those who complain about how it comes off. You must get the water very hot on a cotton ball/pad or wash cloth and then press and hold for at least 30-45 seconds and then wipe off with a outward motion. You don't want to rub back and forth. It is the hot water that breaks the formula down. That's why it stays in place when swimming. I have also found Neutrogena makeup remover wipes remove it also.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by r2can2

Mascara does a great job of giving long and separate lashes because of the small brush, BUT it never comes off!! I use warm water but I have to do some intense scrubbing...to the point where I've pulled so many of my eyelashes out! Luckily they're growing back, but still. I'm going back to the High Impact!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by chocolatecadre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For a high price, you are not getting a very high quality product!

There is something to be said for long-lasting, but I found this almost impossible to get off my lashes without intense scrubbing - which I don't want to do, in case I damage my lashes or the sensitive under-eye skin! The package says it's supposed to come off with warm water, but I found the mascara creates a heavy coat around the lashes and doesn't turn back into liquid when you start removing it (using a make-up remover, in my case I tried two and had similar results!). Instead the coat has to be kind of eased off using scrubbing motion with a cotton pad. What a pain!

My lashes also felt weirdly heavy and clumpy, so I found myself touching them during the day, trying to separate them a bit.

It is very lengthening but the removal process is SO arduous I wouldn't recommend this at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Simoneelise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have ever used for at the beach or pool. It's not marketed as "waterproof", but the problem I have with all waterproof mascaras is that in high heat and humidity they leave dark smudges on and under my eyelids, which looks terrible. This tubing mascara held up amazingly well through 2 weeks in the tropics, including daily snorkeling. It never smudged. It has a funny little brush, but I had no issue with that. You're not going to get crazy volume, but the fact that I can actually have visible eyelashes (they're naturally very fair) at the beach with no smudging and not even requiring makeup remover will keep me buying this for summer and trips in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by BunnyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I was really pleased with this initially as it seemed nice and thin to apply and easy to remove, but after Day 2 of using found it was a big mistake.
Reason: Hedgehog lashes.
Yes, lashes so prickly they were like icicles, I was worried they would snap off and rushed home to remove it
There is way too much gum in this stuff. After a while my lashes started to pull on the lids and HURT where one or two had stuck together with the gluey formulation.
I have lid problems anyway so this is no go for me.
I think it is
1. too gluey
2. too thin
3. makes lashes spiky and look sparse

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really average in terms of the length and volume it gives and it doesn't really hold a curl. But it's good for my bottom lashes because of the tiny brush and how it never smudges or flakes. However, it can by a bit clumpy so you have to comb out your lashes before they dry. I've found other mascaras that have good lasting power that also give a better effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

love this mascara as it doesn't raccoon on me or run if I shed a tear or two. It isn't water proof, but it's pretty water resistant and doesn't flake or smudge. It's much easier to remove than waterproof, so I don't lose as many lashes as I used to trying to remove waterproof mascara. All other non-waterproof mascaras smudge on me as I have oily skin and get watery eyes when I laugh, so Clinique Lash Power has been great. The small brush gives me great control with not much clumping until it starts to dry out after about a month, and then I end up tossing it as it gets flakey and messy at that point.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by twinkilass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's quick & easy to apply. It removes by pressing on the lashes with warm water. The black is very black. I have zero smudging or flaking (an issue for me). The wand is very small which makes it easy to reach all the lashes.it's a good purchase for allergy sufferers, or those with oily eyelids wanting a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My beloved Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells started smudging on me so I rummaged through my Clinique GWP samples and found High Impact Curling Mascara. Finally, no smudges! I tried it out for a couple of days to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Couldn't believe it!
I found it a little too high impact for my fairly long and thick lashes though, so after some research on here and the Clinique websites I decided to buy High Power.
I'm loving this! As other reviewers have said, it's not massively lengthening and volumising but I've found it's ample for me particularly after two coats. The formula is quite thin so it doesn't clump on application, and it's probably the only mascara I've ever used that I could wear without a comb through with a dry brush.
The colour (Black Onyx) is darker and has a slightly glossier finish than the High Impact Curling, and doesn't have that spidery look. The narrow brush makes the mascara easier to control and less likely to go onto your eyelids (another of my mascara problems). I love not having to worry about panda eyes by mid-morning and I now don't have to skimp on concealer and eye cream to stop my mascara smudging.
I have found it comes off very easily with water - nothing left behind, no pulling or dragging on the eyes - but you might need a minute or two to get it all off carefully and gently. I haven't lost any lashes yet with this mascara and I hope I don't...The removal technique for this type of mascara does take a bit of getting used to, but if mascara smudges are a problem then it's really worth it.
Also want to say a big thanks to all the reviewers here for this product. I came across a Clinique sales rep who had never heard the term "tubing mascara", had little idea about the properties of the brand's mascaras and asked me if I needed eye makeup remover to go with my purchase (the instruction leaflet inside the box tells you to use warm water). Just as well that I knew exactly what I wanted!
Update : removing this stuff is easier than I thought - I use Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser all over my face, including eyes, and the mascara comes off during the rinsing.