September 2, 2014 | 1556 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites Ball Powder Beige Chic 03

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Bito

after reading all these wonderful reviews about Les meteorites ball powder i wanted to buy it really badly,and although it was very very expensive (43$ i think) i bought it,the reviews posted here are really exaggerating the effect of this powder,you will think it is a magical powder or something that will wipe all your skin problems,and i had such high expectation,so when i tried it i was really disappointed,i didn't notice any difference AT ALL!!,and i lied to myself and thought there must be a difference but i didn't notice,i even asked my sisters and friends if they can see any difference at all,and no body did!!i tried two colors Mythic and Beige Chic,and the two have no effect at all,and now i still have them and i use them every now and then only to finish it.i know this is a long review,but i am really angry that i wasted my money on this and the only reason is these ridiculous rave reviews.Revlon skin light lotion is much much better than this.SO PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND BUY THIS ,and don't listen to these reviews..(To my friends at Makeup Alley please don't exaggerate,PLEASE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2007 8:18:00 AM More reviews by pink_cosmos

I'm 24 yrs old, MAC NC30 with combination skin (tendency to be oily) and sensitive to breakouts.

My opinion on this product is that it's just an overrated powder. It didn't give me the "glow" that I was expecting (especially for the price) and I'm quite sure it was starting to break me out so I stopped using it. The scent is very overpowering, I think everyone's said it's a violet smell. Whatever it is, I dont like a lot of fragrance in my cosmetics, hence why I was put off by this product and just about everything from Christian Dior. Why do they need to put fragrance in it? It just increases the likelihood that someone will have a reaction to it and I think that's what I got from this. Basically, I was disappointed in myself for splurging out so much money on something completely useless because I use studio fix as my powder (and am happy with it) and have my fair share of illuminators (I was just hoping this would be a more natural, daytime illuminator. However, there was no illumination whatsoever.) I can understand everyone's comments on the packaging, how the container is designed to vacuum out the air inside when replacing the lid, but there was nothing luxurious about it. It's just gold cardboard. It's been sitting on my dresser and I dont know what to do with it because I'm in Aus and have no idea how to do a swap.

EDIT: This has been sitting on my dresser for months unused and I've recently decided to give it another go because, frankly, I can't be bothered reselling it (esp cos I doubt I would get as much as I paid for it anyway!) This is not a wonder product but it does give a very subtle effect. Don't expect to see anything upon first application, after an hour or so however, my skin really does look much better, it's hard to describe but it looks smoother and has a very natural glow about it - like I've just come back from a relaxing day at the beach! My current rating would be a 3.5 but because there's no such thing, it's probably closer to a 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by mrosen3030

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried the Meteorites in both Beige Chic and Mystic. I like both of them the same...although I think that Mystic is more of a winter color and I have have used Beige Chic during the summer. I am NW20 and feel as if I needed a bit more color in the summer.

I don't feel as if I am completely finished w/ my makeup application until I have applied this powder - the outcome is such a nice glow. The scent doesn't bother me, although it is hard to shell out the 52.00 or so dollars...even if I know that it will last a long, long time. My only complaint is that I tend to drop the balls down my sink, but that is probably more me not being careful. I have lost more Meteorites down my drain :-(. Otherwise, the product is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

I am 27, and I love it. My mom is 60, and she loves it. It is just a great powder. It kind of gives your face a soft focus- doesn't cover much, fells silky, but is worth the splurge. I highly recommend the brush, too. it picks up all the colors evenly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

Chalk this one up as another iconic product that did nothing for me. I have tried multiple brushes and application methods but at the end of the day, this remains an average powder that doesn't really highlight, give me a glow or anything else it's reputed to do. I'm really surprised since it's so wildly popular but it doesn't even show as shimmer on my NC30 skin. It just disappears.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by calif_maki

Another product that I have long been curious about and wanted to try - got it and it is expensive at 52+ (tax inclusive)! I had a feeling this wasn't going to be any good for me but all the talk about this on this site made me so curious. I was able to talk an SA to give me a few balls to take home to try this out (I was lucky that day) but I've read here that the effect is different when you have that entire container of balls to swish the brush in. I found that to be true. With the 6 different colored balls that I had - I think I had more of the shimmery yellow/white balls - the application was a bit shimmery but not glittery. With the full container (aside from the flesh colored balls, there were more of the matte flesh-brown colored balls and some a little bit darker) my brush was able to get more powder and yes - it became more of a powdery finish - not even shimmery - maybe a little shimmer when it starts to settle into my skin and mix with the oils? I'm looking for that glow that they've been talking about here - and I can't seem to see it. It seems to be a nice finishing powder. But for $50+ I'm not sure if it's worth it, I'm thinking of returning this and exchanging it for pink fresh - I know it looks good on me as a blush - not long-lasting though. For reference, I'm a MAC C3/ Chanel DPC Med Beige.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

Edit: It's been months since I got it and still loving it. Would SO buy again, but I doubt I ever will have to. It lasts for ever!

This highliter is absolutely gorgeous, but hard to apply 'just right' until you practice and try many ways. I like to apply it all over my face and neck, and just a tad going down my neckline, especially if I am wearing a low cut top. I think it looks better when it's blended in with the rest of my body.

This is how I apply it: I shake the container a little before each use to spread the powder that has settled on the bottom, dip in my (Guerlain) brush, swivel it around and apply all over my face in circular motion. I dip the brush several times to get enough powder to cover my whole face.

The packaging seems cheap, but the way it is designed, it suctions out the air to keep the meteorites fresh. It is a pain to open and close, but at least has a good purpose behind it.

I'm not afraid of using a lot of this powder because once the skin's oils come through, it doesn't look so matte anymore. It never looks the best when first applied, but within 30 minutes it looks great.

I chose the Beige Chic shade because I have fair skin. It doesn't really make my skin look very bronzed, which makes me happy. This shade is perfect for most skintones, IMO. The Mystic one would probably look good on darker tones to lighten the skin, and the pink is probably best used as a blush, I can't imagine it looking nice all over anyone's face. Way too pink for that!

I give it 5 lippies because this product smells wonderful, packaging is, although cheap, pretty smart, and the meteorites make me look glowy and healthy, without going overboard.

As for price, $48 is truly not that bad considering this will last for years.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2007 6:05:00 AM More reviews by PaulinaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I finally bought this product in Chic Beige. I was in Grand Cayman and paid only $39U.S which i now know was a good deal. I wanted to get the Pink Fresh one but wasn't sure if these were overpriced or the same as in the states. (darn that's the bummer about duty free shopping while traveling)Anyways I am olive toned and this works more like a powder foundation not a highlighter. This did even out my skin tone, but other than that I've been a bit dissappointed as I dont see any of the peachy colors. Again I just bought this last week so I will update my review with any news. The package is good, Although for the price I would expect either a plastic pot or some type of metal would be very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by daisylee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a PPP and can sometimes look washed out and this adds a very subtle glow and colour to my face. Its an alternative to a bronzer which usually goes orange on me, it just gives u a healthy hint of tan on your skin. Not too crazy about the scent though, its not so bad that i wont use it. I will definately repurchase if i ever run out, which wont be for a long, long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by simiparga

I have been using this for about 5 months now and can see this product lasting for ages. I Use it with a large fluffy powder brush after my foundation and Armani loose powder. The results are fantastic and imparts a beautiful glow...HG for sure!!! Not at all glittery but there are some sparkly bits. I love this and am so glad that i purchased it!