August 1, 2014 | 1808 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought it did something in the beginning but it was probably me being hopeful. Didn't do anything bad to my skin either, though. However, since it was so expensive and it didn't minimise pores as was its purpose, I will definitely not be buying again. If anything changes by the time I finish the bottle then I'll edit this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not so sure what the rave is about. I bought this twice and didn't see a difference. Waste of Money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by CarinaCato

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product. It does nothing for my pores, its irritating and expensive. I have such faith in Estee Lauder, why does this not work for me? I want it to work for me.

I do love the aqua packaging, so I use this expensive stuff as a decoration in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by LauraJackie

I first tried cliniques even better serum, then learned from my friends mom who's been a manager at clinique for 10 years that even better doesnt do anything for age & sun spots only ance scars & marks ( I had learned this though after spending hundreds of dollars and 12 weeks time!) and I am starting to see sun spots from years at a tanning salon ( yes I have learned my lesson!) moved on to lancome visionary and as it did absolutely nothing it also made me break out because lancome fills their product with alcohol, fragrance and a ton of other stuff you shouldn't put on your skin! Moved onto Claris same thing did nothing... I finally went to the estee lauder counter and wish to god I would have went their first aftet spening so much money and time for nothing! But finally I found a product that deliver's results, as promised. ( I really should have stoped at Estee lauder first since I swear by their advance night repair, but clinique and lancome adds are intiseing) My sun spots have faded ALOT after 4 weeks ( I am going on my 5th week and still seeing results!) my mom and aunt had also tried even better and saw no difference so I turned them on to this, their main concurs are age spots as well as sun spots and they also have started seeing results and love it too, it really also has even out my overall skin tone and texture which I love, it's worth the time and money, am defiantly buying more and will update after 12 weeks

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in my sixties with roseacea, oily yet dehydrated skin. Was using Ovace prescription. My skin seems better with just this. Just wish it did not have mica in it, not crazy about the Fahd glow. Works well with ELDWL or the EL Bb creams for me. Time to get over our fear of EL products as old lady, even though I am an old lady!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by wdpnms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I recieved this product for christmas and it has had a wonderful impact on my skin. I did not want this product for its "pore shrinking" ability, I wanted it because of all of the wonderful antioxidants it contains. In reality this product will not shrink pores, but only make them appear smaller when it is on. Other than the inflated claims this is a wonderful way to add antioxidants to a skincare routine. I have noticed less breakouts and a more even tone even when I do not have the product on my skin. It has a VERY heavy silicone base so if your skin does not like silicones I would not advise using this. Only a small amount is needed so I do not think it is overpriced, plus it is full of antioxidants and good-for-skin ingredients. If you do not like silicones or would prefer not to use them I recommend the Advanced Night Repair Serum from Estee Lauder. I am falling in love with Estee Lauder products, they are one of the few product lines that have actually made a visible difference in my skin. If you cannot afford any of the Estee Lauder serums I definately recommend Olay's serums and moisturizers. I hope this helped anyone interested with this product! =)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by coldwarunicorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and my face turned bright red about 15 seconds after I applied it. AND it has glitter or some ish in it. Yuck. People like this? If I didn't wash it off immediately, I'm pretty sure it would have broken me out like mad.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by GrayRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Another overpriced product on the market. I really love EL, but this does little but give me pimples if used two days in a row.

It does control oiliness but its easy to use too much which gives your makeup an unnaturally "stiff" finish. It minimizes pores a little but i'm just not super impressed at all.

It was a sample, but I wouldn't purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Am I missing something here? I purchased the large size and while I can't say its the worse thing I have ever tried, it is far from the best. First off, it does absolutely nothing for the skin- there are no benefits to this stuff. It doesn't heal, moisturize, penetrate, eliminate or really even rejuvenate. My skin didn't look more vibrant after use at all, well, not in any noticeable way one would expect for $130.00 smackarooz... As for Lauders "virtually poreless and even toned" claims, that's a little advanced for what this stuff is. In order to tone up or even out the skin a product must have some sort of advanced and beneficial properties to it. Idealist Pore Reducer is so packed with effing silicone I just don't see how this could be good for your skin, let alone not clog your pores to the heavens. Matter of fact I got a few zits and I haven't had a pimple in over a decade- I also noticed the pores around my nose (which were already large) had formed noticeable and deep blackheads. For sure I attribute this to usage of said product. The only plus to here for me was that my skin felt smooth but how could it not with a layer of skin turtle wax over it? I think what EL means by pore reducer is not to be taken literally; this is a primer and may fill pores so to appear smooth if you already have near perfect "camera ready" type skin. Honestly this is really just a pricey primer and not a very good one at that. Don't waste your money ladies! Get a sample and see if its for you before shelling out the big bucks on this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

This serum makes my skin look great! I apply it in the daytime after cleansing but before moisturizing. When I first started using it, I noticed that my skin looked and felt smoother immediately, and after a couple of months I noticed a further reduction in my hormonal breakouts (they were initially reduced from using ELís Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Complex Serum).

The way this serum works is that it contains sugar acids that break down dead skin cells, amplifying the skinís natural exfoliation process and preventing dead skin cells from sitting in the pores. It also contains vitamins, which are said to be time released throughout the day to keep the skin nourished, as well as some silicon ingredients that make it a nice primer, but also a protective barrier from dirt and pollutants naturally found in the environment.

Because I experienced both short term and long term results, I find that itís completely worth the money. The pump dispenser ensures that I am not wasting product. I could probably get away with using a single pump, but product junkie that I am, I tend to use 2 pumps, and a 1.7 oz bottle will last me about 5 months.

EDIT: Unfortunately, after a while I found that this product exacerbated my breakouts. I ran out and didn't replace it right away, and in that time my hormonal breakouts were suddenly a lot less severe. The only thing that had changed was that I stopped using this product, so unfortunately I think this is the culprit.