November 28, 2014 | 1882 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by kkler1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this a few months back and after a week of two pumps all over my face, I found it did absolutely nothing for me.

However, after a small break- I visited the EL counter and the BA said to target the areas that need the serum (nose area). Since then I have been using 1.5 pumps and working it on/ near my nose and I can honestly say there is a difference.

I feel this is wasted all over the face- if you're having no luck with this product perhaps try targeting where you need it most.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all my skincare products, this is definitely my HG. I love this stuff. It leaves my skin feeling unbelievably smooth. I dont use it everyday anymore just because it is a bit costly, so instead i use it every time i feel like im getting a pimple, and it prevents it from coming in. This product is one of the reasons why my skin is so clear. i bought the largest one ($125) because i love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by beautyfirst1984

From the reviews I have seen about this product, I might be one of the few who use it for the refinishing quality and not the pore minimizing. I have very rapid cell turn over and often dead cells collect on my cheeks on either side of my nose and brow. Using this serum between deep exxfoliation seems to keep the worst of it at bay and also keeps blackheads from forming.

I use is generously morning and evening. The fragrance is lovely and light and the texture is amazing. I also feel that the serum keeps my makeup from sliding off or from sinking into my pores. Even though it is a bit expensive, I am willing to pay the price for the results that I see in the mirror. I have never had a clogged pore from this and I really massage the product into my skin (it's such a treat to the skin). I also love all the healthy contents that are packed into this lovely little serum.

Try a sample and I think you will not be disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought it did something in the beginning but it was probably me being hopeful. Didn't do anything bad to my skin either, though. However, since it was so expensive and it didn't minimise pores as was its purpose, I will definitely not be buying again. If anything changes by the time I finish the bottle then I'll edit this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not so sure what the rave is about. I bought this twice and didn't see a difference. Waste of Money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by CarinaCato

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product. It does nothing for my pores, its irritating and expensive. I have such faith in Estee Lauder, why does this not work for me? I want it to work for me.

I do love the aqua packaging, so I use this expensive stuff as a decoration in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by LauraJackie

I first tried cliniques even better serum, then learned from my friends mom who's been a manager at clinique for 10 years that even better doesnt do anything for age & sun spots only ance scars & marks ( I had learned this though after spending hundreds of dollars and 12 weeks time!) and I am starting to see sun spots from years at a tanning salon ( yes I have learned my lesson!) moved on to lancome visionary and as it did absolutely nothing it also made me break out because lancome fills their product with alcohol, fragrance and a ton of other stuff you shouldn't put on your skin! Moved onto Claris same thing did nothing... I finally went to the estee lauder counter and wish to god I would have went their first aftet spening so much money and time for nothing! But finally I found a product that deliver's results, as promised. ( I really should have stoped at Estee lauder first since I swear by their advance night repair, but clinique and lancome adds are intiseing) My sun spots have faded ALOT after 4 weeks ( I am going on my 5th week and still seeing results!) my mom and aunt had also tried even better and saw no difference so I turned them on to this, their main concurs are age spots as well as sun spots and they also have started seeing results and love it too, it really also has even out my overall skin tone and texture which I love, it's worth the time and money, am defiantly buying more and will update after 12 weeks

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in my sixties with roseacea, oily yet dehydrated skin. Was using Ovace prescription. My skin seems better with just this. Just wish it did not have mica in it, not crazy about the Fahd glow. Works well with ELDWL or the EL Bb creams for me. Time to get over our fear of EL products as old lady, even though I am an old lady!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by wdpnms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I recieved this product for christmas and it has had a wonderful impact on my skin. I did not want this product for its "pore shrinking" ability, I wanted it because of all of the wonderful antioxidants it contains. In reality this product will not shrink pores, but only make them appear smaller when it is on. Other than the inflated claims this is a wonderful way to add antioxidants to a skincare routine. I have noticed less breakouts and a more even tone even when I do not have the product on my skin. It has a VERY heavy silicone base so if your skin does not like silicones I would not advise using this. Only a small amount is needed so I do not think it is overpriced, plus it is full of antioxidants and good-for-skin ingredients. If you do not like silicones or would prefer not to use them I recommend the Advanced Night Repair Serum from Estee Lauder. I am falling in love with Estee Lauder products, they are one of the few product lines that have actually made a visible difference in my skin. If you cannot afford any of the Estee Lauder serums I definately recommend Olay's serums and moisturizers. I hope this helped anyone interested with this product! =)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by coldwarunicorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and my face turned bright red about 15 seconds after I applied it. AND it has glitter or some ish in it. Yuck. People like this? If I didn't wash it off immediately, I'm pretty sure it would have broken me out like mad.