October 24, 2014 | 1737 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBikki

Really good product but I tried the Maybelline version and for a quarter of the price found it to actually be better. I do prefer the mac brush that you can buy. This mac version also went dry fairly quickly which was pretty disappointing i.e after 2nd use so always had to wet the brush to make application easy. It did have good staying power as does the maybelline one. I usually prefer mac but on this occassion Maybelline's version is much cheaper and better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after I have tried many other MAC Fluidlines. I only have funky colors, so I thought that I would try the black.

It goes on so fluid, as to why it has the name! I can get a much cleaner line with this product than I can with other gel liners. It wears really well on me. I don't have to touch this up during the day, which is really nice. It comes off easily with MAC's Pro Eye Makeup Remover, which is not an oil based remover.

Why I'm not re-purchasing this, and why I'm returning this, is because it looks gray in comparison to my other black gel liners. I applied this to one eye and then Maybelline's Gel Liner to the other, and the Maybelline one looked far more black!

Although I find the MAC gel liner to be a lot easier to apply than the Maybelline one, I am returning it. I wanted to buy a black liner, not a gray one! Hopefully MAC will add more pigment. I love the formula, just not the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first bought Blacktrack about six years ago, and I've been loving it ever since. I always used to use liquid liner to do a cat eye until I started using this gel. I have never gone back because with a small angled brush (MAC 208) I can get the same effect. I've also used it smudged against the lash lines, and as a base with Carbon eyeshadow on top for a really dark smokey eye. I've put it on at six in the morning, and it stayed on all the way until three the next morning. So it stays really well. Once I ran out and my sister bought me the exact same thing from another brand, and it wasn't even close to being as good. This one is so creamy! Whether you get it out on the brush, or put it on the back of your hand first, make sure you close the lid all the way first so it doesn't dry out. Love Fluidline from MAC!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the MAC gel liners, I have the colors dipdown and blacktrack. They are very pigmented and I do not need to go over my line multiple times to get even coverage. The formula is moist and you have some time to smudge it before it sets if that is the look you are going for. Even once it is set it can smudge a bit if rubbed, but I generally don't have problems with touching my eyes once made up. I use a Lancome angled liner brush to apply and find it easy to obtain a winged liner look. I use gel/potted liners often and they take some practice to master, but once you do they are great. I have dry skin and therefore do not have oily eyelids. Something worth mentioning is that I only use this on my top eyelid as I have problems with watery eyes. This liner will not stay on my bottom lash line without bleeding into my foundation. This is the reason for 3 lippies. To remedy this problem I use the MC prolong wear eyeliner for my lower lashes. Packaging is good, this liner could last you years which is why I gave it a decent rating for price. However, I said that I would not repurchase because I really feel that the Maybelline studio gel liner really rivals this and the price is better. MAC definitely has a better color selection though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by hyouga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start off saying that it's actually really good eyeliner, but not good for me. I was really enthusiastic about buying it, because I have so much trouble with finding the right eyeliner. I went to the MAC store one day, bought the eyeliner, bought the brush, that whole thing. They were about $40 together and I absolutely cannot afford to buy makeup that expensive, but thankfully I was being treated that day.
I have dark skin, so I had to keep applying layers and layers while still making sure that I wasn't using too much since it was quite a small amount. When I would try to do something different with my eyeliner, it would smudge to hell and look way too soft. The MAC brush for it is great and I love it, but I won't have much use for it now.
I'm not going to say to not buy this, but be aware that it may not work as well as you want it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by eeam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color didn't come out that black.
It was not precise at all.
What a waste of $17.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by mbarnard0429

Great liner! I use this with a little bit of urban decay's primer and it stays put for 12+ hours. Definite repurchase for me. I have found it goes on best with myMAC #209 brush :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thing smudges in 10 minutes, I'm a make up artist and this thing doesn't work for half of my clients :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really held off getting this item because of the price. I felt it difficult to justify such a price for a gel eyeliner. However, I have tried several different drugstore eyeliners and none compare. WnW's gel liner is great but dries out super fast. (and it's not the packaging, as I had assumed) Blacktrack is not only smooth but according to reviews, lasts forever. So far, it has not dried out a bit. (compared to WnW which started drying out immediately, even though i depotted it and put it in better packaging) It also stays better than anything else I've tried. (including Bobbi Brown's coveted liner) I will definitely be using this as a staple. Even though it's pricy, it seems to last a lot longer than drugstore liners so I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's a good eyeliner...nice colour, lasts on my eyes all day, till I remove it (with a wet wipe)...good price coz u get a lot of product even though it looks so small (the jar is so cute <3)...I will definitely buy also the brown and purple ones...also, it doesn't have PAO, its shelf life is more than 3 years (unlike most Dior, Chanel etc eyeliners that have a PAO of 6 months which means u gotta buy it twice a year unless u want to get an infection). LOVE IT <3