MAC Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

on 3/18/2009 11:04:00 PM

This is my first MAC gel eyeliner. Before this I was using BB gel eyeliner in black ink and choc shimmer brown. (as u can see from my reviews, black ink was a disappointment and choc shimmer brown was my all time favourite) until i decided to give MAC fluidline a go............ I got mine from an online swap hahaha so price wise, it was worth it.

Since using this MAC fluidline in waveline (blue), i have forgotten that i still have my BB gel eyeliners!!!!!! Been using this one EVERYDAY cos its just soooooo gooood....so easy to apply - though it dries up pretty quick but heck, its still good.

I used it to line my eyes (as i have the typical asian eyes, small) i have to make sure the line is quite thick. after lining, i would smudge it so that it looks like i've applied eyeshadow!!!! its FANTASTIC!!!!!! it looks very nice and natural!!!! i dont even need any eyeshadows anymore cos i can just use the fluidline as a double for eyeshadow as well!!!!!

I just cant believe it took me so long to give this product a try. Now i'm trying to hunt for other shades from this line (Shade and Dipdown). Hope the texture etc is the same/consistent (unlike BB brown - cf black ink vs choc shimmer).

Best thing about this is that it doesnt SMUDGED at all. Though if u touch up during they day, u might get those 'crumbly' bits on your cheeks but hey, its nothing compare to panda eyes! hahaha

I may have found my solution to enhancing my asian eyes!!!!!

UPDATE: Since purchasing my first MAC fluidline, i have not gone back to using my BB gel liners!!! I love MAC fluidlines!!!!

on 3/6/2009 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this eyeliner but it feels different from Blacktrack. It has a thinner, creamier consistency. It makes the color appear less opaque. I like navy liner but I want a deeper navy that's more opaque. Its okay but its not my most used liner. I want to try it as a base for shadow. I wish I could give this 3.5 stars.

on 3/6/2009 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love Waveline! It's a blue, a bit dark but not navy, and when you look at it closely you can see gold pearls in it.

You can use this as a base for eyeshadows or as a liner. I love lining my top lashline and then flicking it at the end, it looks very cute and looks better than plain black liquid eyeliner, plus, it doesn't look TOO blue and you can probably wear it anywhere (even work!).

It dries very quickly though, so you'll have to be careful. And it may, for some people who have oily skin, not be that good. But I have dry skin so it works well for me.

I would definitely but this again.

on 1/27/2009 1:35:00 PM

after i bought this fluidline in blacktrack (which i adore under every aspect) i wanted to try another colour....unlike i believed that a blueish colour would not make my blue eyes brighter- it did! have to say that it has a little bit of a purple undertone in it- very unique!...and now i love waveline at least as much as blacktrack...

on 12/6/2008 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this blue. Accents my brown eyes perfectly. Love how the gel is so smooth to apply. I have to layer it at least twice to achieve a dark navy, but one layer leave a fun blue. Lasts all night at a club, easy to take off. A++

on 9/12/2008 12:13:00 AM

Waveline was my first fluidline. In the jar it's a deep navy blue, but once applied it looks like a soft grey/black with only the slightest hint of blue. It isn't quite as opaque as I'd like so I sometimes need to go over the line twice. I'm somewhat conservative when it comes to eye makeup colors, so I can attest that this is very subtle. However, I do wish it showed a touch more blue. The applies wonderfully -- very smooth. If I ever run out I would repurchase for days that I feel like something a little softer than black, but I will probably keep looking for a richer blue.

on 7/20/2008 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love swapping up my liner colour! MAC makes great colors but there pigmentation can sometimes be lacking. I think with this product its sometimes fine and then sometimes its awful and there's not enough pigment. I apply it to my top lash line, It always applies smoothly though and i love the little glass pots! I find myself reaching for this more than my blacktrack just because its too harsh on a neutral day.

on 7/8/2008 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really love the fuildlines and Waveline is a really great dark blue. I am always changing the colour of my liner as I get bored of basic black or brown. I love the fluidlines especilly because I can get a look similar to a liquid liner, that is *much* easier to apply! The only reason I give this a 4 and not a 5 is because the fluidlines do have a tendancy to dry out faster than I can use them up. However, that being said, I may only use a particular colour once every few weeks, so for the every day user, they would not have chance to dry up.

on 7/8/2008 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

RIS and I am glad I did. I've been eyeing waveline for some time but am so stuck on my blacktrack and dipdown. Waveline does look a lot brighter in the pot and it is a little drier than, say, my blacktrack. It goes onto my NC40 skin pretty dark. In the house, it almost looks like blacktrack but outside it is definitely blue. This reminds me a lot of non-conformist.

i am absolutely IN LOVE with waveline because it makes my dark brown eyes POP!! this is the first fluidline i've purchased, and it caused me to buy every other fluidline mac has to offer. before this, i used to use regular kohl liners, but it kept smudging throughout the day and causing this ugly wannabe smokey eyed look (i think it has something to do with my super deep asian asian crease, but who knows). now with waveline, i have no more racoon eyes. this liner stays put throughout the day (even in the water!). try it, you won't regret it!

Top Rated MAC Products