April 17, 2014 | 1492 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by manukatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

after i bought this fluidline in blacktrack (which i adore under every aspect) i wanted to try another colour....unlike i believed that a blueish colour would not make my blue eyes brighter- it did! have to say that it has a little bit of a purple undertone in it- very unique!...and now i love waveline at least as much as blacktrack...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by GlammaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this blue. Accents my brown eyes perfectly. Love how the gel is so smooth to apply. I have to layer it at least twice to achieve a dark navy, but one layer leave a fun blue. Lasts all night at a club, easy to take off. A++

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by shazi

Waveline was my first fluidline. In the jar it's a deep navy blue, but once applied it looks like a soft grey/black with only the slightest hint of blue. It isn't quite as opaque as I'd like so I sometimes need to go over the line twice. I'm somewhat conservative when it comes to eye makeup colors, so I can attest that this is very subtle. However, I do wish it showed a touch more blue. The applies wonderfully -- very smooth. If I ever run out I would repurchase for days that I feel like something a little softer than black, but I will probably keep looking for a richer blue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love swapping up my liner colour! MAC makes great colors but there pigmentation can sometimes be lacking. I think with this product its sometimes fine and then sometimes its awful and there's not enough pigment. I apply it to my top lash line, It always applies smoothly though and i love the little glass pots! I find myself reaching for this more than my blacktrack just because its too harsh on a neutral day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by leenybeeny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the fuildlines and Waveline is a really great dark blue. I am always changing the colour of my liner as I get bored of basic black or brown. I love the fluidlines especilly because I can get a look similar to a liquid liner, that is *much* easier to apply! The only reason I give this a 4 and not a 5 is because the fluidlines do have a tendancy to dry out faster than I can use them up. However, that being said, I may only use a particular colour once every few weeks, so for the every day user, they would not have chance to dry up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 7:53:00 AM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

RIS and I am glad I did. I've been eyeing waveline for some time but am so stuck on my blacktrack and dipdown. Waveline does look a lot brighter in the pot and it is a little drier than, say, my blacktrack. It goes onto my NC40 skin pretty dark. In the house, it almost looks like blacktrack but outside it is definitely blue. This reminds me a lot of non-conformist.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by chubbieecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am absolutely IN LOVE with waveline because it makes my dark brown eyes POP!! this is the first fluidline i've purchased, and it caused me to buy every other fluidline mac has to offer. before this, i used to use regular kohl liners, but it kept smudging throughout the day and causing this ugly wannabe smokey eyed look (i think it has something to do with my super deep asian asian crease, but who knows). now with waveline, i have no more racoon eyes. this liner stays put throughout the day (even in the water!). try it, you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by jessiev

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this colour - I was a little wary of wearing this with my blue eyes but actually, in my humble opinion, it looks pretty good! It looks brighter in the pot but when applied I would call it a royal blue with a hint of purple. I agree with some of the other reviewers that it does not lend itself to the most smooth of applications but I am able to get it work for me so like it very much!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ditch13

I've use the Blacktrack before and for what I remember it was fine, so I decided to try more colours. The colour looks brighter in the jar, and when I apply on my lid, it becomes a bit darker, which I actually like. But I have one problem when applying... it's too uhm... how should I say this...

When I draw a line, the gel doesn't go on consistently. The middle of the line is lighter and it pushes the gel toward the edge of the line, so you basically have an outlined line (imagine a box fill with a lighter colour with a dark outline...) If I brush it over again it gets worse. I guess it's not thick enough so it doesn't stay on well as I draw the line. I don't remember that happened w/ the Blacktrack but I guess I'll try it again.

The colour is too light, meaning it's not intense at all, need to apply more layers, but if you like a natural look with just a hint enhancement of you face, this will do the job.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by RockyHorrorPictureShow

I'm a NC30
in the container, it looks like a navy blue color with some shimmers. But on me its just a plain navy blue. (I like it because it bring out my brown eyes), one thing I def. didn't like about it was it was very pigmented, you have to pile it on to get a navy blue, and this on me smudges whether its on my eyelid or my waterline and/or lower lash line.