Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 2/8/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to like this. I really, really wanted to. Was hoping that those who reviewed and did not like it didn't know what they were talking about. I should have listened. My husband HATES it, my teenage son HATES it, and frankly, I HATE it. It just doesn't smell good at all. My best comparison is an "old lady scent" - and not the "just-baked-cookies-smell"...more like the stale floral powdery-smell. I have totally wasted my money and time waiting to get this cologne delivered.

on 1/14/2011 5:40:00 PM

I bought this perfume along with shower gel, shampoo and conditoner and body butter from QVC. at first i love the smell because its soft and clean but after about a month of using it i just got headache and the perfume doesnt smell as fresh as it was. Maybe i didnt store it properly, maybe not. My advice is try this on your skin for about a week and see weather u still love it or not. cus i swear sometimes it smells like fart (especially when its not fresh anymore).

on 1/13/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

EXCELLENT SCENT - I get alot of compliments everytime I wear this.

on 1/10/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I really liked this product at first. I dont like over powering scents and this one is really soft. However about 4 months after I bought it the scent got really bad, like a dirty pamper. Therefore I would never buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The top notes are mandarin orange, grapefruit and bergamot. Middle notes are freesia, jasmine and rose and the base note is musk.

I'm now on my second bottle of AG, but that's partly because nearly a third of the perfume in my first bottle leaked. At times this smells a bit 'watery' to me. But overall it's a very clean, fresh floral. It's neither too light nor too heavy. I don't recommend layering this scent with the body lotion though as it WILL be overpowering. There was a period of about 6 months when I wore this perfume nearly everday. I thought it was exquisite, but I was never once complimented on it by any of my girlfriends. I guess it doesn't smell as good on me as I think it does!

on 12/16/2010 4:19:00 PM

I love Amazing Grace! I discovered this line at Nordstrom and have claimed this to be one of my favorites right now. I like the clean, fresh out of the shower scent it gives off. I use the lotion and shower gel as well and think it is great. It is not over-powering. The only problem I have is that I have been using the spray fragrance and the scent does not last all day, so carry a bottle with you to reapply. Maybe the EDP lasts longer. I am eager to try the other lines of grace as well. I find philosophy's products to smell good and I love their packaging. The little uplifting messages they include with their packaging are very creative!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this perfume! I wore it to work one day, and I couldn't believe the comments I was getting! "Ooooooh, someone smells really good!" "Oh my god, you smell delicious, what are you wearing!" "Wow, your hair smells amazing!" "What are you wearing and where can I get it!" From both men and women!!! I have NEVER received a reaction like that to any other fragrance...hell, I never received a reaction EVER. Maybe it just morphs really well on my skin, but either way, this one's a keeper!

on 7/30/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I get more compliments when I wear Amazing Grace than any other fragrance. Just this week alone, everyone from the nurses at the doctor's office... to a total stranger standing behind me on a line while shopping, all asked "who smells sooo good?!" After my niece hugged me good-bye she asked if I was wearing perfume and practically demanded to know what it was when I evaded her question, lol.

I understand what others mean when they question the staying power of this scent. I recently ran out of the AG perfume and put on the spray cologne today. Several hours after a shower and applying the lighter Grace, I asked my husband if he could smell my perfume. He bent down to get a closer sniff and said "No." I said, "you're kidding?.... Nothing?!" He took another sniff and said, "nope, you just smell very clean!"

I just smiled. Guess there's some truth in all the Philosophy hype afterall.

Finally I've found a perfume I can wear!

It's light and fresh. It complements virtually everyone, so if you're looking for something you're guaranteed to like, this is it.
Best part? It won't give you that headache you get from strong scents. And it doesn't have that 'perfume' smell--whatever they use, the alcohol or whatever that is common to all perfumes is (thankfully) missing from this.

I love it and I wear it all the time. (Other scents I like: cucumber melon and peppermint)

love amazing grace, i love the perfume of it more so than the lotions of it. the perfume is beautiful, very soft and lovely

Popular Fragrances