April 17, 2014 | 1041 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cjmacek

I love Amazing Grace! I discovered this line at Nordstrom and have claimed this to be one of my favorites right now. I like the clean, fresh out of the shower scent it gives off. I use the lotion and shower gel as well and think it is great. It is not over-powering. The only problem I have is that I have been using the spray fragrance and the scent does not last all day, so carry a bottle with you to reapply. Maybe the EDP lasts longer. I am eager to try the other lines of grace as well. I find philosophy's products to smell good and I love their packaging. The little uplifting messages they include with their packaging are very creative!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! I wore it to work one day, and I couldn't believe the comments I was getting! "Ooooooh, someone smells really good!" "Oh my god, you smell delicious, what are you wearing!" "Wow, your hair smells amazing!" "What are you wearing and where can I get it!" From both men and women!!! I have NEVER received a reaction like that to any other fragrance...hell, I never received a reaction EVER. Maybe it just morphs really well on my skin, but either way, this one's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I get more compliments when I wear Amazing Grace than any other fragrance. Just this week alone, everyone from the nurses at the doctor's office... to a total stranger standing behind me on a line while shopping, all asked "who smells sooo good?!" After my niece hugged me good-bye she asked if I was wearing perfume and practically demanded to know what it was when I evaded her question, lol.

I understand what others mean when they question the staying power of this scent. I recently ran out of the AG perfume and put on the spray cologne today. Several hours after a shower and applying the lighter Grace, I asked my husband if he could smell my perfume. He bent down to get a closer sniff and said "No." I said, "you're kidding?.... Nothing?!" He took another sniff and said, "nope, you just smell very clean!"

I just smiled. Guess there's some truth in all the Philosophy hype afterall.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by bookbutterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally I've found a perfume I can wear!

It's light and fresh. It complements virtually everyone, so if you're looking for something you're guaranteed to like, this is it.
Best part? It won't give you that headache you get from strong scents. And it doesn't have that 'perfume' smell--whatever they use, the alcohol or whatever that is common to all perfumes is (thankfully) missing from this.

I love it and I wear it all the time. (Other scents I like: cucumber melon and peppermint)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love amazing grace, i love the perfume of it more so than the lotions of it. the perfume is beautiful, very soft and lovely

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Around 11am this morning, I applied one spray on the inside of my elbow. It is now after 4pm and Amazing Grace is still delighting me with it's soft, beautiful presence. I am fairly certain that my sample is the EDT version. So many reviews read that this isn't long lasting. I must disagree. Granted, this scent stays very close to the skin and it is not a perfume meant for getting "noticed." Yet, I must admit, I am truly enjoying Amazing Grace! This is a sheer floral meshed with a clean musk to create a sweet, fresh skin scent. It reminds me a bit of these beautiful scented soaps that I have called, "Fresh Linen." I don't detect any fruit in the open. I layered this with an all-natural rose body cream and it really smells so lovely and feminine. The rose in Amazing Grace is quite similar to the rose in my body cream...a soft, "real rose" scent...nothing synthetic. This begins quite delicately and within minutes, it warms to my skin, lifting my spirit. I am eager to try the EDP and scented oil in this. Depending on which concentration I prefer, I will definately purchase.

I do believe that this would be a perfect gift for nearly any woman of any age for any occasion/season, night or day. Amazing Grace is really so pretty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a perfume sampler from sephora, but I really hated this one! To me it smells soapy and has that "old lady" smell to it. I think it would be ok for older women, but not for someone in their 20s. I wanted to like it, but I was not impressed-sorry!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

after so many research and many try ons.. i found out that amazing grace comes in two different kind...
spray fragrance and eau de parfume...
EDP has a lot better smell than SF..
i read so many mixed reviews bec they don't know what they are getting.. just like everybody.. i hate the smell at first and was really confused what's the big deal about this perfume..
then... after so many trips to store... i found out that EDP is the one i'm looking for..
when i got to the store, i tried on the EDP not knowing that it was EDP.. i really like it..
i wasn't paying attention so i got spray fragance instead..
when i got home.. eww it smells awful.. just like one of those glade home fragrance..
so i went back and browse some more .. came across EDP.. and this is the one..
so ladies.. get EDP.. it smells 10x better and stays on 10x longer than spray fragrance..
so anyways.. LOVE this perfume.. it's light.. it's sweet and so feminine...
will buy it again..
and ohhh... i bought a small size of pure fragance at sephora (only comes in spray fragance).. and i love the smell, too..
with this one.. i'll diff get it in EDP...
as always.. so fun to be a girl..

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love the smell of this stuff. It reminds me of the beach even though it's supposed to be a floral. I like it for day and for work, because it is light enough to not be offensive and smell so clean. However, the cologne is hands down the worst lasting perfume I have ever come across, because it is so light. Get the roller ball perfume oil if you like this, it will last until lunch at least instead of just an hour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with all of you - this is a GREAT scent . It doesn't really smell like perfume but just like you came out of a shower and are fresh and clean. LOVE it.

I used the perfume roll-on, which is good but of course gets a bit gross after a while since it picks up whatever is on your skin (lotion, natural body stuff, whatever) and deposits it inside. Nonetheless, highly recommended.