E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is definitely not for me. I have dry skin and this just makes my face look cakey, dry, patchy, etc. It's very matte, so it might be better for oily skins. It's quite messy and crumbles quite easily. The packaging is cheap looking and breaks very easily.

on 12/24/2012 6:05:00 PM

Okay, recently got another E.L.F haul :D So, I decided to try this product and find out what all the fuss was about and now I know. This has become a powder I use on a daily basis. The problem is, I've already hit pan... I just LOVE it. Mines in ivory, A LOT darker than it looks, so if you have slightly pale skin make sure it's the shade you go for (as it's the lightest). I have oily skin and I own dewy foundations so I like to keep them Matte so pressing this onto a pad and then applying to my face just is amazing. Honestly trying this, and Rimmel Stay Matte, I wouldn't bother with another high end Powder.
(Sorry for the awful Punctuation)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a good powder but it isn't the best of coarse. It does keep my makeup in place and my face matte. However I think there should be more shades. I got the lightest shade ivory and it matches my skin tone nicely, but I'm light skinned but not pale so I think there should a shade or two that's lighter than "ivory" (which isn't ivory at all) a few more really dark shades would be nice too.

on 11/27/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am a big fan of E.L.F. products so for $1 I thought I would try this powder. I got it in 'light beige' although I have quite tan skin but the color worked perfectly. I used it to set my liquid foundation. The powder was just okay, until I dropped it. I used it for a few days without re-pressing it and the texture just completely changed. It was so dense and became cakey so I just through it out since it was so cheap no big deal. I replaced it with a powder that I could use as a light light coverage foundation or use to set liquid foundations.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this powder! I've been using this for about a year now, and honestly, when I first started using it, I thought that I was gonna run out of it in no time, but I've hardly made a dent in it. I got this in light beige, thinking that it was gonna be too light for my medium toned complexion, but it's actually a great match! I love using it with both a brush and a puff. I think applying it with a powder brush gives a more light application, while applying it with a puff gives a whole lot more coverage and matifys super well! For a dollar, you really can't go wrong, and it works just as well as some of the higher-end powders out there! I'd recommend it to anybody out there looking for a great all-around face powder!

on 10/20/2012 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I picked up the powder in Ivory on a kind of whim; I figured, for a dollar, why not just try it? Well, I am very pleasantly surprised. Yes, the packaging is cheap plastic, yes, the puff isn't the most luxurious. But people, it is a dollar! What are you expecting? The shade, Ivory, is a surprisingly good match for my approximately NC15 coloring. It has a yellow tone to it that goes well with my skin. I find the puff adequate for its purpose. Using the puff gives heavier coverage than dusting it on with a brush. Actually, I find that, using the puff, I can almost use it as a powder foundation. The finish is nicely matte, holds back the oil for about as long as any other powder I've ever used. There is no scent, which is great. Overall, a great little item. I suppose there are likely to be a few shades that aren't great at this price point. Then again, at much higher prices, there are bad shades as well. I have found Clinique foundation and powder shades to be WAAAAY too peach or orange, almost across the whole gamut of their product lines. If you can find a shade that suits you in this E.L.F. line, it's a great steal.

on 9/21/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really good powder and a steal too! I have this in the shade "Spice". I had this for a while and I began using this when I misplaced my setting powder.

This sets foundation nicely without giving an overly matte and chalky finish when used with a fluffy powder brush. It does not settle into lines and adds a little coverage as well. It is relatively small and finishes pretty quickly. I dont use the puff and the packaging is not much to talk about. Very basic- Cheap plastic, puff included with no mirror. But I still appreciate it to some extent because it is small and compact for clutch purse.

I'm not too loyal with pressed powders but I'm positive I'll get this again because of the quality given for price.

on 8/26/2012 12:18:00 PM

I love this powder. I use it to set my liquid foundation. It works very well and lasts for a long period of time. It isn't too cakey or greasy. The best thing about this product is that it was only 1 dollar! I will be buying this product again.

on 8/20/2012 4:24:00 AM

This is my favorite powder I've ever used hands down. I have oily skin, large pores, minor blemishes, and this seamlessly covers everything.
Though the coloring is a bit off, I am a light beige during the summer with a tan, I still have a sun kissed glow when using this powder.

One compact lasts me at least 3 months. Not bad for $1.

on 8/6/2012 8:06:00 PM

For one dollar I gotta say this product is pretty great. I got this when I first started using make up. It cover well & i didnt get oily. BUT it did settle in my creases & gets cakey which i dont like. also packaging sucks its cheap but thats what you get for a dollar.

Popular Pressed Powders