October 22, 2014 | 1428 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good powder and a steal too! I have this in the shade "Spice". I had this for a while and I began using this when I misplaced my setting powder.

This sets foundation nicely without giving an overly matte and chalky finish when used with a fluffy powder brush. It does not settle into lines and adds a little coverage as well. It is relatively small and finishes pretty quickly. I dont use the puff and the packaging is not much to talk about. Very basic- Cheap plastic, puff included with no mirror. But I still appreciate it to some extent because it is small and compact for clutch purse.

I'm not too loyal with pressed powders but I'm positive I'll get this again because of the quality given for price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

I love this powder. I use it to set my liquid foundation. It works very well and lasts for a long period of time. It isn't too cakey or greasy. The best thing about this product is that it was only 1 dollar! I will be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by jenyabunney

This is my favorite powder I've ever used hands down. I have oily skin, large pores, minor blemishes, and this seamlessly covers everything.
Though the coloring is a bit off, I am a light beige during the summer with a tan, I still have a sun kissed glow when using this powder.

One compact lasts me at least 3 months. Not bad for $1.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by DianaBbyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For one dollar I gotta say this product is pretty great. I got this when I first started using make up. It cover well & i didnt get oily. BUT it did settle in my creases & gets cakey which i dont like. also packaging sucks its cheap but thats what you get for a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this poweder! I alternate between using this as my base powder (since I don't usually wear foundation) or the top powder to set everything in (concealer, bronzer, blush, etc). This gives such a smooth, flawless look to my skin. It's a must have, and for such an inexpensive price is awesome! I have mine in Honey, and it works perfectly on my tan summer skin, but also in my slightly paler winter skin. This has a lovely matte finish without looking cakey. I thoroughly reccomend this. Be careful not to get too much on. If you do have a spot on your face where a lot of the makeup has gathered, the container actually comes with a small little makeup powder pad. When I press it against the powder, it removes any excess. Perfect! This can also be used to even out uneven bronzing or blush, or when bronzer is too heavy in a certain spot on your face. An amazing product at an amazing price. What more could you ask for? As for all the negative reviews, it's all about application, skin tone, and brush. I usually use my Elf Total Face brush with it. The Elf Total Face Brush picks up product like no other brush! If you don't apply the product lightly and evenly, you'll end up looking spotty. Be careful not to apply TOO lightly or the product will seemingly do nothing! There aren't many colors to choose from, so there could be a chance that these colors are just not fit for your skin tone. If someone with super tan skin is using the palest color, then hello, it's bound to not look good. But above all, USE A BRUSH THAT PICKS UP A LOT OF POWDER! While you're buying the powder, why not purchase the Elf Total Face brush for just one dollar more? Only two dollars for an expert look.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by rikasalvador

very cheap, deceiving color. very pale.
basically, you get what you pay for.
I just needed cover-up as a one nightie thing, it worked barely. Wouldn't recommend it for long term use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Ivory, and use it to set my concealer and foundation. It provides a nice coverage on its own, too! It gives a nice finish to my foundation, mattifying any oiliness I have, which is usually extremely minimal. It works on my dry skin fine, not accentuating an dry spots. The packaging has broken a few times, but for a dollar, I'm not complaining. I will repurchase, since it works well and is very inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by sugarluv91

I would buy this product over and over again, that's how much i adore it. It has coverage. Some days i like to just conceal(cuz i have bad under eye circles) and use this. it works perfect! controls oil really well. The only thing i don't like about this is the packaging, can be a lil bit annoying, but its tolerable. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Gymnaststar14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product!!! It's only 1$ and it helps mattify my face and keep it matte the entire day! Not only that, but applied with a puff, this stuff has some serious kick butt coverage!! I can apply this lightly to set foundation or concealer and it looks great, but on days when I dont want to bother with concealer or foundation, I reach for this! I have moderate acne and pretty bad dark circles, and this covers them completely when rolled on with a sponge! It doesnt oxidize or look cakey either. It covers amazingly well and still looks natural! This is a drugstore gem in my opinion! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by TallMakeupFreak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I have the color Honey and it matches me really well.

Pros: Lightweight! Cheap! True to color! Puff is not entirely useless.
Cons: Very Chalky. Not enough product. :(

Like people have said it is very chalky and it does cause you to "waste" product, so here's what I do.

I take a powder brush and move it around in the powder and tap off the excess. STOP! But don't blow away the product that remains!
Then I take the little puff and put it on the powder and it collects all the powder that was tapped off and the little powder "particles."
Then I apply the puff with the powder all around my face. Lastly, I take my powder brush once again, without powder on it, and swirl it around my face!

Warning: I have really oily skin and this product controls it a little but leaves me with a dewy finish. That I had to take a lippie off for because I like a matte finish.