August 20, 2014 | 2033 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer in Nude

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 9:53:00 AM More reviews by keturah70

I saw a girl on another site who did an FOTD with this as her foundation. Normally I like to have medium to full coverage, as I'm a little paranoid about any discoloration on my face...I'm prone to those 1-3 zits at a time that are red...and my skin just seems to be a tad dull. But her skin looked soft, glowy, and not slathered in foundation, so I figured I could give it a try, afterall, it was wet'n'wild so that means its on the cheaper side, so if its a no-go...trash it, no problem.

I put this on this morning on top of MAC's strobe cream and fell instantly in love. I'm more in love with this than my Studio Fix Fluid (that gives me a heavy matte finish) and my MAC Hyperreal...both just seem so heavy now. I only had to add a dot of concealer under my eyes and on my one zit (this week) and dusted a light veil of loose powder over top. I feel like I'm not wearing makeup and thats usually the LAST thing I'm worried about. Nude matched my skin tone amazingly and the coverage is surprisingly perfect for a tinted moisturizer.

A new HG for me!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Adah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the texture, the coverage, and the price, but this is the lightest color and it is decidedly orange and too dark for my fair skin (MUFE Ivory).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by JediEmpressMel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this, like many people, hoping for a nice sheer tinted moisturizer. The problem with this product is the color. I'm pale. So pale that I generally have to buy concealers in the lightest shade they make them, and use that as foundation where I need it.
This product can be lightened, if you mix it with a sunblock based facial moisturizer. Which is what I do.
The lightest shade is surprisingly orange. I'm not sure what's wrong with certain companies, because they see to think that pale people have oompa loompa skintones or something.
The coverage is pretty heavy. Another reason why I mix it with my sunblock.
It works pretty well for what it is.
The package is kind of strange. A pump would have been better. I'm not a fan of plastic tubes for face products, in general. Even a jar would have been an improvement.
The lid is hard to get to twist on correctly, which I find annoying.
All in all, I'm sure this product will be much better after it's been out awhile and they fix the color mistakes and bad packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by SweetNSpicyGal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the coverage that this gives. Foundations don't usually work for me, adn this is the perfect blend. It's soft, and as long as your blend it in quickly, you shouldn't have any problems. Covers my little problem areas well. As with ALL products, *sigh*, I can't put this in any of my dry patches on my cheeks or on the sides of my nose, but I've given up expecting products to work there. I don't know if it breaks me out or not. I was using it near my jawline for a few days, just for extra SPF coverage, and I broke out in a line of zits. Can't say it was from this for sure though, because I use it on the top of my nose and chin, and notice no worse blackheads or zits there... This matches my skin perfectly! Good purchase, HQ stuff, for a small price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by beatgirl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i got this to layer under my MMU so i could get the coverage i need in a faster time. I am really liking it. It mixes well with the minerals and feels nice on my skin. I just use a little sponge and slap it on. I am extremely acne prone and a little bit oily but i haven't had any breakouts from this. It's so cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

This TM is way too heavy on my skin -- it feels like LM's liquid foundation, not a tinted moisturizer! Color matching is alright...a very inexpensive product if you are on a budget. Not a terrible product by any means, as it didn't give me zits, but definitely not what I'm looking for in a foundation. When I finish up my stash of mineral makeup and go back to liquids, I'll hit up Prescriptives Virtual Skin for medium coverage and MAC Select Tint for a TM. Not a repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by GrauFrau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I rate this 4 lippies, but it would be only 3 lippies straight from the bottle and it's 5 lippies when modified. Using recs by previous reviewers, I mix this with some plain moisturizer and it makes an awesome TM. I love this shade on me, blends perfectly. By itself, it's also a great color match but gives moderate coverage - more than some of my foundations! It also has a lot of "drag" to it, hard to smooth onto your face if it isn't mixed with more moisturizer. This is also one of the few TMs that has not caused breakouts. I wish they'd formulate it so I didn't have to mix it up myself, but as it is, I will continue to get it. I can adjust the amount of moisturizer I mix in to adjust how much coverage I get from it, and for the last 2 months, it's the only "foundation" I've worn. It's cheap, so try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by gracie97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I much prefer this to Paula Begoun's tinted moisturizer which costs about 4 times as much. It spreads more easily, looks more natural, and isn't too yellow (in fact, it might to too pink for those who don't have pink-toned skin as I do). I often wear it over a chemical sunblock both on my face and on the backs of my hands (where it really doesn't look like make-up) to boost and hopefully prolong the SPF.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 11:00:00 AM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

I've tried this shade (the lightest) and then the next one after. Both= super yuck. The problem? First of all, I consider myself TM-obsessive because I've tried them all...the high department store priced ones (Sheisido being my fav) and the drugstore kind as well. Always looking for the HG TM. And this is NOT a TM. This is foundation, ladies (hence the observation from everyone that it has "more coverage"). This stuff is majorly thick and goes under the name of a TM as a marketing tactic.

The shades, while yellow based, are also are difficult to match. In fact, there is little difference between this shade and the next one up. Also the ingredients are cheap and sure don't look good for anyone who is acne-prone (mineral oil is one of the first ingredients!). Of course I didn't use this goop long enough to see if it would break me out. In my opinion, this stuff was pretty crappy, but at least it was really inexpensive so it was worth a shot. :( I'm glad some others have had better luck.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Mandduh98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually really liked this product. Lost one lipstick because it wasn't a very good "moisturizer" but it makes a great cover up! I just put my normail oil-free moisturizer under it and all is well. I have some acne on my forhead and this covered my pimples up without creating more! I loved that! Overall a wonderfull product! It only cost me $3.99 to! Gotta love this stuff! But one more downside...the tip isn't really small or pointed, it's just a nub with a hole in it.