November 23, 2014 | 1100 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Niagara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I haven't reviewed Niagara before now, as it is one of my all-time favorites and the only NARS lippie I own, but oh well :/ I am a huge fan of corals & pinks and this color fits the bill in both ways. I would say it leans more to the pinker spectrum, but definitely has that coral undertone that is too orangey in so many other l/s. On my lips I have to pre-moisturize & also use a lip base; but that's a given for me w/ any l/s, so I don't blame NARS. (It's not uncomfortable w/o it, but eventually they all dry out my lips.) Niagara pops my whole look, no matter what eye color I'm doing, although I usually keep to a neutral look with it, as it is a bright shade & will be a take-over color for some of you. I apply it straight from the tube, but you could get a softer effect blurring it on with your finger or dabbing a small bit with a lip brush. I keep a backup in my stash & like to wear it year round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was interested in this lippie after seeing pics of MAC's Strawberry Blonde and hearing that this was very similar. I have never used Strawberry Blonde, so I can't compare the two, but Niagara is really beautiful. Niagara is a very pretty pinky coral color. Most corals I have tried are too warm or have too strong of an orange undertone to look nice on me, but this is not the case with Niagara. (I am PPP with cool tones; I wear the lightest B/R Px shade, Camellia). It applies smoothly, evenly, doesn't have a nasty smell or taste, and lasts for hours. This is a wonderful spring/summer shade to add just a hint of warmth to your lips. The finish seems fairly matte although it classified as a Satin. I also don't find it to be too drying, which has been the case with some of the other NARS lippies I have tried. If you are looking for a coral or a pink with a hint of warmth, Niagara is probably for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

This lipstick seriously deserves the high rating it has. It is a beautiful peachy-pink coral that has everything I look for in a lipstick. It has great staying power; I went out for drinks wearing this tonight and it stayed put the entire time. It has a satin finish too, which means it isn't drying at all, and it has a nice sheen to it which is half way between matte and glossy. I think the color is abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous on my NC20/25 skin; it gives me an amazing color without being overpoweringly bright. This was an impulse buy at the NARS counter, as after seeing the amazing color on me I simply had to have it. I will most definitely be purchasing again as it is one of my favorite lippies of the summer. Check it out, I think you willl have the same reaction I did.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is freaking GORGEOUS. It's an amazing, fresh coral, like nothing I've ever experienced before. It can be a little garish if applied with a heavy hand, but for a beautiful glow, I rub the lipstick on the pad of my pinkie and tap it all over my lips. I add Stila Apricot lip glaze in the same manor and my lips are super sexy. I love it! It brightens my entire complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mskitte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

nars makes the absolute best lipstick colors, hands down... my collection is rapidly expanding! i am an extremely pasty asian and although i can pull off most of the nars colors, this shade especially makes me look less dead. A def must have for me. it looks like a very bright coral in the tube but is a fresh, pretty pinkish coral on my lips. this is also not as drying as the others yet still has quite a lot of staying power. my friend complains of the scent; i don't notice it at all (and i hate the overwhelming scent of chanel.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by bum24

I love this lipstick shade! a pinkish coral shade, very natural & it brightens my face. a long wearing too! im surprised. i only applied it once or twice a day.very long lasting. I would definitley buy this shade again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by vanillaaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

omg i LOVE this!! i am the kind of girl whom doesnt experiment with colors.. i was always on the natural nude safe side.. till i tried this.. its my absolute fav lip stick color now! a lovely coral.. i use NARS Laguna bronzer on my face and a dark eyes look + this lip stick + orgasm blush and albatross as highlighter.. a WOW look.. i never wanna part with this.. it looks best with a bronzer.. i am even considering trying MAC's vegas volt since its similar.. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this with Desire blusher to get a natural look. It matches Desire quite well. It gives a really nice pinky natural look. It lasts quite well too. I much prefer it when I put it on and pat it down with my finger as it looks more natural for me that way. I also think it'll last a very long time. The only con is the price! It's really quite expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ewiggs26

Finally, the perfect pinky-peach color to compliment my fair-yellow undertoned skin! This color makes me look fresh and glowing no matter what the season is. The formula is pretty moisturizing, although I have very dry lips. LOVING THIS!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by azjavagirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried, really I did. The reviews sounded soooo good, and I've been braver with lipsticks this year--wearing my Strawberry Blonde and rockin' my coral glosses and shimmery lip sheers. Niagara sounded perfect for my summer rotation.

But alas, it's not perfect for my NC 25-30, hazel eyes/brown hair summer look. Niagara is just too matte, too opaque, too bright-bordering-on-garish coral/pink to work for me. It looks fake, almost like I'm a kid who's played in Mommy's lippies and slashed a bright color on without any finesse or skill, coloring "outside the lines" and making a mess of my lips. I can force it to work with a heavy dose of a quieting gloss on top, but I hate to have to work that hard, esp in summer.

I'm giving it three lippies b/c it's a great quality lipstick and it's not Niagara's fault that it isn't good on everyone. But I would caution to try before buying, b/c it's definitely not universally flattering.