April 17, 2014 | 1032 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Niagara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is freaking GORGEOUS. It's an amazing, fresh coral, like nothing I've ever experienced before. It can be a little garish if applied with a heavy hand, but for a beautiful glow, I rub the lipstick on the pad of my pinkie and tap it all over my lips. I add Stila Apricot lip glaze in the same manor and my lips are super sexy. I love it! It brightens my entire complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mskitte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

nars makes the absolute best lipstick colors, hands down... my collection is rapidly expanding! i am an extremely pasty asian and although i can pull off most of the nars colors, this shade especially makes me look less dead. A def must have for me. it looks like a very bright coral in the tube but is a fresh, pretty pinkish coral on my lips. this is also not as drying as the others yet still has quite a lot of staying power. my friend complains of the scent; i don't notice it at all (and i hate the overwhelming scent of chanel.)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by bum24

I love this lipstick shade! a pinkish coral shade, very natural & it brightens my face. a long wearing too! im surprised. i only applied it once or twice a day.very long lasting. I would definitley buy this shade again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by vanillaaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

omg i LOVE this!! i am the kind of girl whom doesnt experiment with colors.. i was always on the natural nude safe side.. till i tried this.. its my absolute fav lip stick color now! a lovely coral.. i use NARS Laguna bronzer on my face and a dark eyes look + this lip stick + orgasm blush and albatross as highlighter.. a WOW look.. i never wanna part with this.. it looks best with a bronzer.. i am even considering trying MAC's vegas volt since its similar.. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this with Desire blusher to get a natural look. It matches Desire quite well. It gives a really nice pinky natural look. It lasts quite well too. I much prefer it when I put it on and pat it down with my finger as it looks more natural for me that way. I also think it'll last a very long time. The only con is the price! It's really quite expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ewiggs26

Finally, the perfect pinky-peach color to compliment my fair-yellow undertoned skin! This color makes me look fresh and glowing no matter what the season is. The formula is pretty moisturizing, although I have very dry lips. LOVING THIS!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by azjavagirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried, really I did. The reviews sounded soooo good, and I've been braver with lipsticks this year--wearing my Strawberry Blonde and rockin' my coral glosses and shimmery lip sheers. Niagara sounded perfect for my summer rotation.

But alas, it's not perfect for my NC 25-30, hazel eyes/brown hair summer look. Niagara is just too matte, too opaque, too bright-bordering-on-garish coral/pink to work for me. It looks fake, almost like I'm a kid who's played in Mommy's lippies and slashed a bright color on without any finesse or skill, coloring "outside the lines" and making a mess of my lips. I can force it to work with a heavy dose of a quieting gloss on top, but I hate to have to work that hard, esp in summer.

I'm giving it three lippies b/c it's a great quality lipstick and it's not Niagara's fault that it isn't good on everyone. But I would caution to try before buying, b/c it's definitely not universally flattering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

Like everyone says, this really is a great pink-coral color, but does need to be applied sparingly for best effect. I bought a couple of other lipsticks at the same time as this and was trying them on with my sister and when I put this one on, she said how much it brightened my face.
EDIT: saw myself in a few photos wearing this, and went home and threw it in the trash. WAAAYY too garish and old lady looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by frimpled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! It is so fabulous. I never wear lipstick because I don't like to look too "made up" usually, but this lipstick is perfect on me! I'm very fair with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, and this is a perfect pink-coral lipstick that goes great with my warm coloring. I love it sooo much. My boyfriend actually complimented me on it today and he never notices my makeup.

This is a fabulous lipstick for a less dramatic/daytime look. Not to mention the great wearability and texture of it. It goes on like a dream and stays forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

I was lurking on the makeup boards when I saw someone post that this was an amazing Coral lippie. I was looking to use up a gift card at Sephora so I went ahead and purchased it. In my past experiences with NARS lippies I've been left less than pleased. Niagara has shed new light on NARS lippies. This one didn't stink and is not drying. It is the perfect shade for me and I am so glad I saw the post on it. Must have been fate :)

MAC NC/NW20 for reference.