NARS Niagara

4.4

on 7/31/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have 3 backsups of this lippie. They are not cheap but well worth the price.

The color of Niagra is a mix of pink/coral/peach.. so subtle and yet so striking. This color has worked with my platinumy hair.. and now it REALLY WORKS with my Red thing hair... I love this color and there are no dupes that I know of -- besides, I would not change for a cheaper dupe since I already know how great this is.

Try it on and see how it picks up the best of any coloring -- I tried it on my mother who has gey hair and on my sister who has golden brown hair and it works~!

on 7/31/2009 10:39:00 AM

This is a great lip stick. I have some YSL lipsticks, i must say this one is almost the same quality as ysl rouge volupte collection. it is pinkish coral, and it shows the exactly color in my lips. it is also moisturing, cover a little bit the lip lines. Love it!!

on 7/18/2009 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why I haven't reviewed Niagara before now, as it is one of my all-time favorites and the only NARS lippie I own, but oh well :/ I am a huge fan of corals & pinks and this color fits the bill in both ways. I would say it leans more to the pinker spectrum, but definitely has that coral undertone that is too orangey in so many other l/s. On my lips I have to pre-moisturize & also use a lip base; but that's a given for me w/ any l/s, so I don't blame NARS. (It's not uncomfortable w/o it, but eventually they all dry out my lips.) Niagara pops my whole look, no matter what eye color I'm doing, although I usually keep to a neutral look with it, as it is a bright shade & will be a take-over color for some of you. I apply it straight from the tube, but you could get a softer effect blurring it on with your finger or dabbing a small bit with a lip brush. I keep a backup in my stash & like to wear it year round.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was interested in this lippie after seeing pics of MAC's Strawberry Blonde and hearing that this was very similar. I have never used Strawberry Blonde, so I can't compare the two, but Niagara is really beautiful. Niagara is a very pretty pinky coral color. Most corals I have tried are too warm or have too strong of an orange undertone to look nice on me, but this is not the case with Niagara. (I am PPP with cool tones; I wear the lightest B/R Px shade, Camellia). It applies smoothly, evenly, doesn't have a nasty smell or taste, and lasts for hours. This is a wonderful spring/summer shade to add just a hint of warmth to your lips. The finish seems fairly matte although it classified as a Satin. I also don't find it to be too drying, which has been the case with some of the other NARS lippies I have tried. If you are looking for a coral or a pink with a hint of warmth, Niagara is probably for you!

on 7/12/2009 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick seriously deserves the high rating it has. It is a beautiful peachy-pink coral that has everything I look for in a lipstick. It has great staying power; I went out for drinks wearing this tonight and it stayed put the entire time. It has a satin finish too, which means it isn't drying at all, and it has a nice sheen to it which is half way between matte and glossy. I think the color is abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous on my NC20/25 skin; it gives me an amazing color without being overpoweringly bright. This was an impulse buy at the NARS counter, as after seeing the amazing color on me I simply had to have it. I will most definitely be purchasing again as it is one of my favorite lippies of the summer. Check it out, I think you willl have the same reaction I did.

This is freaking GORGEOUS. It's an amazing, fresh coral, like nothing I've ever experienced before. It can be a little garish if applied with a heavy hand, but for a beautiful glow, I rub the lipstick on the pad of my pinkie and tap it all over my lips. I add Stila Apricot lip glaze in the same manor and my lips are super sexy. I love it! It brightens my entire complexion.

on 1/6/2009 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

nars makes the absolute best lipstick colors, hands down... my collection is rapidly expanding! i am an extremely pasty asian and although i can pull off most of the nars colors, this shade especially makes me look less dead. A def must have for me. it looks like a very bright coral in the tube but is a fresh, pretty pinkish coral on my lips. this is also not as drying as the others yet still has quite a lot of staying power. my friend complains of the scent; i don't notice it at all (and i hate the overwhelming scent of chanel.)

on 12/18/2008 5:29:00 AM

I love this lipstick shade! a pinkish coral shade, very natural & it brightens my face. a long wearing too! im surprised. i only applied it once or twice a day.very long lasting. I would definitley buy this shade again!

on 11/20/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

omg i LOVE this!! i am the kind of girl whom doesnt experiment with colors.. i was always on the natural nude safe side.. till i tried this.. its my absolute fav lip stick color now! a lovely coral.. i use NARS Laguna bronzer on my face and a dark eyes look + this lip stick + orgasm blush and albatross as highlighter.. a WOW look.. i never wanna part with this.. it looks best with a bronzer.. i am even considering trying MAC's vegas volt since its similar.. :D

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I got this with Desire blusher to get a natural look. It matches Desire quite well. It gives a really nice pinky natural look. It lasts quite well too. I much prefer it when I put it on and pat it down with my finger as it looks more natural for me that way. I also think it'll last a very long time. The only con is the price! It's really quite expensive.

Recommended for Medium Skin