Avon Beyond Colour Plumping Lip Conditioner with Retinol SPF 15

4.1

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE (7.5 %). Inactive Ingredients: DIISOSTEARYL FUMARATE SQUALANE BARIUM SULFATE POLYBUTENE MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE OZOKERITE DI-C12-15 ALKYL FUMARATE BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163 MICA/CI 77019 POLYETHYLENE ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH PETROLATUM TOCOPHERYL ACETATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL CHOLESTERYL/BEHENYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE GLYCERIN HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL SILICA ALLANTOIN ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER LECITHIN ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM/FRAGRANCE BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE PHENYL TRIMETHICONE GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL RETINOL PEG-80 SORBITAN LAURATE ACRYLATES/CARBAMATE COPOLYMER IRON OXIDES C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE COLLAGEN HYALURONIC ACID ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE BIOTIN/FOLIC ACID/CYANOCOBALAMIN/NIACINAMIDE/PANTOTHENIC ACID/PYRIDOXINE/RIBOFLAVIN/THIAMINE/YEAST POLYPEPTIDES TRIBEHENIN LAUROYL LYSINE RETINYL PALMITATE SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE ASCORBYL PALMITATE BETA-CAROTENE PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE.

on 1/22/2008 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, seeing as it's become an HG product for me. My mom bought this for me for Christmas over a year ago, and I went through an entire tube (which I almost never do) and purchased two more. I use this as a primer before I put on my lipstick. It gives me a subtle plumping effect with no stinging or tingling. My lips definitely look more succulent when I put my lipstick on over this! It also helps out lipsticks that tend to be chalky or dry by giving them more moisture and smoothness. This has a pleasant, barely-there smell, and keeps my lips moisturized as a lip balm would (sometimes I put it on at night before bed). I never apply lipstick anymore without first putting on this product. Unfortunately this is the only Beyond Color product I use nowadays; I was once in love with the lipstick in cocoa but Avon seems to have changed its formula and it's not as creamy, lush and moisturizing anymore. The lip conditioner, though, I will probably continue to buy as long as they make it.

on 12/19/2007 6:08:00 PM

I love this product. I use it alone, since it has a little bit of color in it. The color is sheer and makes my lips SUPER soft. It does make my skin flake, but that's also part of the reason I use it. I use it in the morning or maybe 30 minutes before I apply lipstick or gloss. This makes my super dry, flaky, lips 'peel' or 'flake off' so then I have a smooth, soft base for my lipstick, so it's a good exfoliate product too. This is the only product I've tried so far where I can actually notice and feel the plumping action. And when I say FEEL I don't mean the stinging- just plain big and full lips. I always get compliments on how full my lips are when I wear this. The staying power is good also. It stays on for hours and hours on end.

I can see why people would think it looks ''chalky'', but I actually like it because of that. I have very fair skin and it looks more like a nude color than being actually being chalky.

Overall, I would recommend and repurchase.

on 12/12/2007 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I used this a few years back and absolutely hated it. My lips peeled something terrible no matter how I wore it... By itself, over lg, under lg... Nothing mattered. It just didn't agree with my lips. I decided to give it another shot since I now know about the wonderfulness of all things retinol. This doesn't do much for plumping (hence the 4 lippies. If it doesn't plump then don't say it does. I'm talking to you Avon) but it does make my lips super soft. It also makes my lg/ls last longer. Even if the color wears off I am left with a great healthy shine. I got this on the cheap from Ebay so I would repurchase again.

on 10/24/2007 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This.. didn't work. I was actually disappointed. It does well to smooth my lips out, but when I have this on, then lipliner, lipstick and a touch of gloss - I feel like I'm carting around 10lbs of stuff on my lips. It tingled a bit the FIRST time I put it on, but nothing after that. It is moisturizing however, but I can't wear it alone because it makes my lips look slightly chalky.. so I have to wear something with a sheer wash of colour over it - at least. Overall, the product did not meet my expectations and I would not be repurchasing it. Good thing I only paid $3.99 .. otherwise I would've been really pissed.

on 10/3/2007 6:45:00 AM

Very disappointing. I don't like the taste, it makes my lips look chalky, it's not moisturising at all and it doesn't plump my lips. It's difficult to wear other lipsticks over the top and worn by itself it tends to get flaky. YUK YUK YUK.

on 9/28/2007 7:30:00 AM

I have two versions of this. a new one which I got recently and an older one I got off ebay. I have to say the older forumulation is much better than the new one although the packaging on the newer one is better (probably to justify the price increase).

Both look identical, pink coloured. The old one goes on clear, is smooth and leaves your lips feeling soft and doesn't smell while the newer one smells TERRIBLE (not sure what of) and does leave a whitish sheen on the lips. the only thing it has been useful for is for wearing under lipsticks which are a little too dark. however if used with boots moisture drench lipsticks the combination seems to 'film' and peel off. won't be buying this again. I much prefer the virgin vie lip defence or any other lip balm!!

on 9/11/2007 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I got this as a free gift, otherwise I probably wouldn't have tried it. I have naturally full lips so the plumping aspect wasn't really something I was going for. However, this does make my lips slightly more plump and full, which I certainly don't mind!

The best aspect though is the way it acts as a base for lipstick, and also lip pencils. It's like a foundation for your lips, it makes them really soft and smooth and it lets the true colour of your lipstick really come through. Only complaint is that it can highlight any flaky bits on your lips, so make sure you exfoliate first!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is my HG of lip conditioners. Reasonable price. Smooths and plumps lips (no, my thin lips didn't blow up into Angelina Jolie's! Ha. Ha.) a bit and makes lipstick and gloss products go on so smooth. Love it.

on 7/22/2007 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i like that this conditioner has an spf and it doesnt smell weird or fake. it's fairly priced. i dont know if it makes my lips appear fuller. will definitely buy again.

when i got to the end of this product, i scraped out the rest of this conditioner and got A LOT of the product out and placed it into a container...i cant stress how much of this product is at the bottom of the ending of the tube....

on 10/30/2006 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is not for a diehard lip-plumping-product-girl. The effect is much more subtle, but it's also not painful or distasteful. Its plumping effect is definite but mild, and it works nicely to smoothe out lines and moisturize. I love it under any lip product or alone (though if worn alone I have to rub it with my finger a bit to convert the whitish tint to a clear glossy look). It's very rich and thick, so you just have to be careful not to apply to much. This is an absolute staple in my collection of lip products.

Popular Lip Treatments