August 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by MizzLadyRob

I am in love with this lippie! I have really been into lipstick and nailpolish lately. Not sure why...ANYWAY! I am loving the way this looks on me. I think its a staple. I have been wearing it like it's new. Since it is a more bluetone pink it looks marvelous on dark skin. The only drawback is the formula MAC uses in these make the lips feel a little dry, but only a small price to pay for a beautiful color. I like to pair mine up with a pink lipgloss. Kissable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is ok. I was looking for a nude-pink, and Brave qualifies, but it doesn't wow me. It's definitely a blue-based color, so it will be either hit or miss depending on your skin tone. I prefer Cosmo to Brave, but I like the Satin formula because it's longer lasting. I got this for free with the recycling program, so in a couple of months, I'll be recycling this one! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by alabsi81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Brave is one of my favorite most purchased lipsticks, the color really suits my skin tone, it give a pale pinky color , not too pale, just the perfect light shade for an everyday use. I don't remember when I first bought it but it was from the first lipsticks I got from Mac along with Hug Me and Cosmo.
But I will have to admit that it's a bit drying comparing to other MAC lipsticks which I find it very weird since it not a matte product, but I don't find it a big problem and it doesn't bother me at all, I just have to apply lip moisturizer first or lipgloss on top.
This is definitely one of my favorites and I buy it every time I finish one.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by terriblevision

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest, this color wasn't flattering on me. I have pale asian skin, and if you're asian too, don't get this lipstick. Its also a little drying, and not long-lasting at all (i don't think mac lipsticks last that long). I put it on and it lasted me a few hours, and if I eat anything at all then the lipstick is for sure gone. just not a flattering color overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by jaybeee00

Despite the overpriced amount i paid for this: $36, i would repurchase this because of how much i love the colour and texture. The colour is so flattering! And looks pretty good on almost all my clients. The smell is also so yummy! The staying power on this lipstick is AMAZING! I had a lip wax, and ate a sandwich and this stuff did not budge! Wth!?
Definatley my HG lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by TatiAbaurre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this color. It's the closest I can get to a nude lip still looking natural and healthy. I'm giving it 4 stars because of the formulation - I think the satin formula, although it has a nice staying power, is too drying on my lips. If it wasn't for that, it would be a 5. I really like this lipstick and will probably buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I so wish this looked on me the way it looked on certain bloggers who led me to buy this shade. This nude pink doesn't look pretty on me at all - my lips seem to cancel out the pink, bringing out a lot of brown, and I end up looking, at worst, like a corpse, and at best, like I've mistaken my concealer for lipstick. It's also so much more drying than all of my other lipsticks, including other MAC Satin shades, and even with a healthy helping of lip balm underneath just leaves my lips feeling cracked and dry within an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by VeraCruz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in my 50's and have been searching for the right lipstick since my teens. At least once a week I'd buy 2 or more lipsticks and give them away the next week. I found MUA in my 40's and became a MAC freak.I was loving shades like half n half,myth,peachstock,cherish,spirit but got bored. I have zero pigment in my lips and happened to have 2 MAC captives. I gave 1 to my cousin who has the nicest pigmented lips I ever saw. The lipstick is made for her. She never looked any further. She actually finished a tube in less than 9 months. I thought I found my HG but a few weeks ago my son said eww mom what are you wearing? So the search began again. My last purchase was chatterbox but it is too crreamy and I was not thrilled with the color anyway so when I called to see if my candy yum yum was shipped out I had a conversation about finding the perfect texture and color l/s. He recommended MAC brave.I was on a mission! I figured I have so many tested lipsticks and liners that I consider empties that I will just pick it up for free. Lo and behold as I'm testing my lipsticks I have a brand new Brave.I have MAC cranberry liner forever so I paired the 2 together and I'm in love.. I will get a back up in case I lose it. It is creamy on my and not a MLBB l/s on me cause lack of pigment. It is great for every day wear. Crossing my toes and fingers it is a keeper. Everyone must try it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This reminds me of Mac LE Mehr lipstick sooo much. It is just a tinge lighter, but still its about the same range and same finish as Mehr. This is really beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

A little too pink, and a little too drying for my taste. I'm on the search for a new MLBB lipstick - it used to be MAC Hug Me but I realized it was pulling too brown on me. Brave is too cool for me and appears slightly bubblegum pink against my warm complexion.

For reference I consider MAC Subculture lip liner and NARS Chihuahua lip gloss to be MLBB colors.