December 19, 2014 | 1089 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Brave

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Spectrael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A nice neutral colour, nothing too harsh and is nice for everyday use. I noticed that if you have any dry skin at all on your lips it's going to accentuate it for sure. So make sure to exfoliate before you use this. I found it didn't glide on very nicely on its own, so I put some chapstick underneath it. Stays on for a decent amount of time as well. It does have a sweet scent to it, a bit vanilla like. I likely won't be repurchasing this, because there is probably a dupe out there that's a lot more affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by spissy

I bought this lipstick on a whim when I was in Budapest. The color is a beautiful beigebrownish- pink. It is perfect for everyday wear. I use this one on almost a daily basis with whirl lipliner from mac. Nice combo. The only thing about this satin lipstick is that it feels a little bit drying, so it is nice to have a gloss on top. I use a littlebit of a clear gloss on top of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this color after watching some youtube videos on reviewers that loved this color. It looked so pretty in the tube, I wanted to give it a whirl. This color is a pretty nude pink on my lips with slightly warm undertones. The formula is a bit drying for my lips compared to other MAC satin lipsticks I own. But the color just works with my skin to give me a very finished polished look. Then while reaching for this color this morning, I realized this was my second tube. I actually owned this color without realizing it! I know why I never reached for it -- I was always hesitant about these types of colors on my pigmented uneven lips. Using a matching lipliner or one that is slightly dark helps a lot. I also love mixing this with peachstock to make it more wearable. Definitely a new staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by followyourfancy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lipstick I have ever owned in my life! It is beautiful, and very easy to wear. It's a very natural color, very nudey-pink, which is nice to wear when you don't want to be wearing obvious lipstick. I enjoy wearing this with either MAC Lipglass in Nymphette or MAC Lustreglass in Pinkart.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by alisonlescott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

this is my very first few MAC lipsticks and I absolutely love it. despite it having blue undertones, it works great on my tan/warm NC 30 skintone! It gives me this natural, pinkish tone to my very pigmented/slightly dark lips. I cannot even express how much i love this lipstick. Instantly brightens up my face.

a must have for tan girls!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by MizzLadyRob

I am in love with this lippie! I have really been into lipstick and nailpolish lately. Not sure why...ANYWAY! I am loving the way this looks on me. I think its a staple. I have been wearing it like it's new. Since it is a more bluetone pink it looks marvelous on dark skin. The only drawback is the formula MAC uses in these make the lips feel a little dry, but only a small price to pay for a beautiful color. I like to pair mine up with a pink lipgloss. Kissable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is ok. I was looking for a nude-pink, and Brave qualifies, but it doesn't wow me. It's definitely a blue-based color, so it will be either hit or miss depending on your skin tone. I prefer Cosmo to Brave, but I like the Satin formula because it's longer lasting. I got this for free with the recycling program, so in a couple of months, I'll be recycling this one! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by alabsi81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Brave is one of my favorite most purchased lipsticks, the color really suits my skin tone, it give a pale pinky color , not too pale, just the perfect light shade for an everyday use. I don't remember when I first bought it but it was from the first lipsticks I got from Mac along with Hug Me and Cosmo.
But I will have to admit that it's a bit drying comparing to other MAC lipsticks which I find it very weird since it not a matte product, but I don't find it a big problem and it doesn't bother me at all, I just have to apply lip moisturizer first or lipgloss on top.
This is definitely one of my favorites and I buy it every time I finish one.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by terriblevision

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest, this color wasn't flattering on me. I have pale asian skin, and if you're asian too, don't get this lipstick. Its also a little drying, and not long-lasting at all (i don't think mac lipsticks last that long). I put it on and it lasted me a few hours, and if I eat anything at all then the lipstick is for sure gone. just not a flattering color overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by jaybeee00

Despite the overpriced amount i paid for this: $36, i would repurchase this because of how much i love the colour and texture. The colour is so flattering! And looks pretty good on almost all my clients. The smell is also so yummy! The staying power on this lipstick is AMAZING! I had a lip wax, and ate a sandwich and this stuff did not budge! Wth!?
Definatley my HG lipstick.