April 23, 2014 | 2043 users online

Lip Treatments - Laura Mercier - lip silk

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by caydensmama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip treatment! I don't know of anything that lasts longer on your lips. It contains hydroxy acids to exfoliate, so it also helps with flaky and peeling skin on the lips, which makes lipstick look MUCH better on your lips! And it lasts longer than anything else I've tried...I don't feel like I need to put it on every 20 minutes. It may cost around $20, but it is well worth it. The only thing I wish it had was a flip top instead of a screw-off cap that can easily be dropped while applying on the go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. Yes it is expensive; it also lasts a VERY long time because it is thick and rich, and you don't need very much.
My only complaint is that sometimes it's hard to squeeze out of the tube (I think because it's so thick). It's harder to squeeze in winter than summer.

It seems like no matter what I use, I always have very dry lips - this is the only thing I have ever found that makes my lips feel so silky smooth and perfect. Also, especially when I'm stressed out about life, sometimes I start to get a little sore near my mouth (vitamin deficiency?). This makes them disappear in a way that has me checking the ingredient list for fairy dust, or unicorn's blood.

Seriously great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by abbyleigh

I've been searching and searching for something that would help my dry lips and I finally found it. This is unlike any lip balm I have ever tried before. It makes your lips smooth and it lasts hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by winterfyre

My HG has been Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment for a few years now, but I got a great deal on 3 tubes of LM Lip Silk the other day and had to take advantage. I like it! Feels very much like Prada's discontinued lip treatment - maybe a little less thick, but definitely comparable. Getting it out of the tube is a nightmare, and I wish it had an applicator (I hate using my finger), but it stayed on most of the night and I woke up with smooth, comfortable lips - living in Arizona in the summertime, this is not an easy feat, so I would definitely repurchase. May even be my new HG. UPDATE: Definitely not my new HG - I'll stick with Fresh Sugar for that. The slight grittiness of Lip Silk is annoying, and I took off a lippie for that. However, since I can't be assured that Fresh Sugar will arrive in AZ unmelted in the summer, this is a worthy second choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Franziska

I've been using the lip silk for two days now and love it. My lips have never felt or looked so good. I agree with earlier comments about the terrible packaging and how difficult it can be to ge the product out of the tube...however I think it's worth the trouble! Well worth the price, as well.
EDIT: well, I think this is okay now..not the greatest. I'm not sure that it really exfoliates but it does a reasonable job of protecting and hydrating...similar to vaseline. Down to three lippies from 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by pale_blue_raindrop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Lip Silk is an awesome lip treatment, that soothes, moisturizes, and revitalizes my chapped winter lips. I will probably use this year round since I love this product so much. I would gladly shell out another $20 for this product, however the packaging is absolutely atrocious! Did QA fall asleep when they thought of the packaging? The crimp at the end of my tube is coming undone from trying to squeeze it out, but I don't really need to cover that since most of the reviews already have. Laura please fix your packaging on this amazing product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ayh212

I really like this product...especially for the winter time..however, on my way back from Santa Fe...they took it away from me at the airport...WOW. I have traveled out of the NYC and Wash DC on a weekly basis with this thing and they take it away in New Mexico...great product but so much for aiport security. I did go and repurchase their new duo..the lip exfoliator and lip polish set...which makes me smile too!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by audreyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would buy the lipsilk again if it wasn't really hard to get out of the tube. I'm a lip conditioner/treatment/balm fanatic. The product moisterizes really well. The trick with get the product out of the tube is to kind of heat it up a little, like rubbing it a little while with your hand or keeping it in your pocket, which helps a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2006 9:34:00 PM More reviews by audreystar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this lip treatment. It does feel like there may be a tiny, tiny bit of exfoliator in the mix but not enough to bother your lips or where you have to rinse. The only drawback that I would give is the container tube is tiny and can be really difficult to push the treatment out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lipstickcrazy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is far and away the best cure for dry, peely lips that I have ever tried, but good god Laura - the packaging!! You need to have the strength of a sumo wrestler to get the tiniest bit out of the tube, and I'm convinced that the whole thing is going to explode every time I attempt to use it.

Perfect product - HORRENDOUS packaging.